bigotry towards Daly

Johnny Hubbard

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Most Rangers fans have taken well to Jon Daly but there is an undercurrent of bigotry toward him."

I'm surprised at this comment

what's McMurdo talking about ?

Jon Daly is an Irish catholic...FACT

Any criticism of him is not exclusively due to his race/religion/place of birth.

Personally, I think he is too old, too slow, over paid, detrimental to our development as a team i.e. we have a big lump of a CF, so we play the long ball game, he has no potential resale value, he is keeping at least one promising youngster out of the team e.g. imho Clark should be our 1st choice striker NOT a 30+ SPL journeyman....etc

See, perfectly valid criticism of him and no mention of race/creed/colour/religion.

Am I still guilty of anti Irish racism though?

I boo him and leave every time his name is read out on the team sheet, I stand at the concourse and continually ask the stewards if he is still on the park, I only ever get to go back to my seat for half time. I hope he leaves soon, I miss watching my team!

I boo him and leave every time his name is read out on the team sheet, I stand at the concourse and continually ask the stewards if he is still on the park, I only ever get to go back to my seat for half time. I hope he leaves soon, I miss watching my team!

The way we are playing you are getting more enjoyment and entertainment with your current routine chief!

Been to every home game this season and the only thing I've heard shouted towards him is that he's pish! Might have been shouted in an anti Irish tone mind you

I've got one guy on my twitter that refuses to acknowledge any goal he scores, it's pathetic but I just ignore it as I think it's an attention seeking thing, I've never had a problem with him apart from the amount of chances he misses :lol:

Personally, I think he is too old, too slow, over paid, detrimental to our development as a team i.e. we have a big lump of a CF, so we play the long ball game, he has no potential resale value, he is keeping at least one promising youngster out of the team e.g. imho Clark should be our 1st choice striker NOT a 30+ SPL journeyman....etc

Well I agree that you're not a racist, but I do disagree with your evaluation on him as a player

I think there's a lot more to his game than lumping it forward to him, and he is very good at linking up, and laying of to others. He also creates a lot of space for his teammates in my opinion. The fact that we utilise him as someone to just lump the ball up to is a shame, as he has a lot more to his game than that. Clearly, he's not the most mobile, but I think he makes up for it with his positioning and ability to hold up the ball. Dundee Utd didn't just lump it up to him, but they still used him as a target man for players like Johnny Russell and Gary Mackay-Stevens to play off of.

I do think that Clark should get more of a chance though.

Big Lump has rattled 20 goals so far.

wheres the goals coming from if he is not

on the pitch?

I still think Jig and Little would be a much better partnership than Daly and Clark, they did it last season while both spent a long time injured, now they've got a better midfield behind them too.