Imran V Rangers

North Rd

Green May Give Evidence As Imran Seeks Rangers Payout

Rangers former chief executive could be called to give evidence in a Scottish court as a former commercial director at the club seeks a £500,000 payout from the Ibrox club.

Imran Ahmad, whose employment with the Glasgow club was terminated last year, maintains that he is due the bonus money in an action being contested by Rangers.

His counsel, Kenny McBrearty QC, told a judge today that Charles Green was on his list of witnesses ahead of a hearing in the case.

Mr McBrearty said that while Mr Ahmad's solicitors have spoken to Mr Green they would want a meeting with him to clarify his witness statement.

The Yorkshireman took up the position as Chief Executive Officer at Ibrox after leading a consortium to buy the assets of the stricken Rangers Football Club plc.

But he left the role last year and is now living in France.

In his action Mr Ahmad maintains that under the terms of a contract provision he would be entitled to a bonus of five per cent of commercial contracts negotiated by him subject to written approval from the CEO or chairman.

He said that a letter from the then CEO Mr Green had set out confirmation that his bonus for 2013 would be "no less than 500K".

He claims that Mr Green had the express authority of the board at Rangers to agree his bonus.

Mr McBrearty told Lord Woolman in a commercial action at the Court of Session in Edinburgh that since a previous hearing in the action adjustments had been made to the pleadings for Mr Ahmad to clarify matters.

He said it was contended that "the letter at the heart of the case" from Charles Green to Mr Ahmad was to be treated as written approval of a bonus of pounds 500,000 in terms of a clause in the ex-commercial director's contract.

The senior counsel said it was also being asserted that Mr Green had the authority of the board which had been given at a meeting when Mr Ahmad was not present.

He said it had always been Mr Ahmad's position that there was authority on the part of the former CEO to provide written approval of the bonus, but what had changed was that it was now being said there was express authority from the board on the issue.

Mr McBrearty said that during the adjustment period in the case there had been no activity from the football club's side at all.

He said Mr Ahmad "might have been forgiven for thinking rigor mortis had set into the defender's case".

But Alan Summers QC, for Rangers countered that he was not aware of any rigor mortis on his part.

He said there remained the difficulty of reconciling the terms of the letter with the clause in the commercial director's contract.

Under the clause the way the bonus was calculated was to work out what five percent of the commercial contracts was, but it could not have been known to Mr Green at that point what the value of the contracts would have been, he said.

Four days of court time have been allocated to hear evidence and submissions in the case.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God when you think everything is settling doon something else comes up..joke of a club atm. Blame mini n co. David Murray n that other bastard.

I take it you're joking! This case sums up how the club was being run under Green/Ahmad/Stockbridge. SDM had a number of faults but you definitely can't blame him for this mess!

I take it you're joking! This case sums up how the club was being run under Green/Ahmad/Stockbridge. SDM had a number of faults but you definitely can't blame him for this mess!

Its David Murray ram the sir up yer shit pipe. He sold to Whyte when he was asked not to. Yes he takes the blame some anyway.

Its David Murray ram the sir up yer shit pipe. He sold to Whyte when he was asked not to. Yes he takes the blame some anyway.

Thats a bit like condemning the grandmother of a murdered before condemning the actual murderer is it not?

Would it not be better to direct your anger at the ones directly involved? i.e. Green and Ahmed.

So was the £500K 5% of the commercial contracts or was it either 5% or 500K, whichever was greater?

Whatever it was mate facts remain that it shouldn't of been there in first place..

Blame Malcolm Murray he sorted these contracts. Another reason why I don't want him involved with us again.

Thats a bit like condemning the grandmother of a murdered before condemning the actual murderer is it not?

Would it not be better to direct your anger at the ones directly involved? i.e. Green and Ahmed.

Murray sold to Whyte then when he had to sell he sold to Green.. Each n every owner/ director that's been in our club for the last 2years should take some blame. I'll leave individuals to decide who gets what tho.

It`s fine lads, he has already said to Young Will that it`ll go straight back in to the club.

Charles Green has agreed to tell the truth if it goes to court i.e. I am due 5% bonus on all the commercial deals I negotiated on behalf of the club. I am hardly going to turn my back on a bonus which is due to me when I’ve directly negotiated £67m worth of contracts which benefit the club over the next 5-10 years.

Neither myself or Charles have ever wanted this to go to court as we are substantial shareholders and in fact Charles had already brokered a deal with the club for a fraction of the full liability but the club has not signed up to it. I had also offered to reinvest all my bonus proceeds plus an additional extra £500k of my own money back into the club. At least this shows how much I’ve contributed to the club and the fact that I am prepared to put more cash into the club.”

http://billmcmurdo.w...mran-hits-back/

:cgreen: