Imran V Rangers

North Rd

I think you'll find that it was the rangers FANS that saved the club, we piled in approx £16-20m in ST money over 2 season, giving a basis for the IPO investment from instituional investors i.e. fan support.

Yes, CG fronted the money (which he got back via IPO) but without the support the club would be dead.

What you and crackpot mm cannot bring yourselves to admit is that without Charlie our saviour there would have been no club to buy season tickets for. (tu)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you and crackpot mm cannot bring yourselves to admit is that without Charlie our saviour there would have been no club to buy season tickets for. (tu)

Chicken or Egg is what you're arguing here because without the support of the fans & the buying of ST's there would be nobody wanting to invest in the club at all.

When we were at the top table, the ST sales counted for a much smaller proportion of T/O, while we languish in the lower reaches of Scottish football, the fans ST sales count for a majority of the clubs T/O, without us there would be no club ... like you, it's fairly simple.

Oh ... as to your comment about "crackpot mm", i have absolutely no idea who you refer to, fancy clearing that up so I know who's side I'm supposed to be on !

Chicken or Egg is what you're arguing here because without the support of the fans & the buying of ST's there would be nobody wanting to invest in the club at all.

When we were at the top table, the ST sales counted for a much smaller proportion of T/O, while we languish in the lower reaches of Scottish football, the fans ST sales count for a majority of the clubs T/O, without us there would be no club ... like you, it's fairly simple.

Oh ... as to your comment about "crackpot mm", i have absolutely no idea who you refer to, fancy clearing that up so I know who's side I'm supposed to be on !

No chicken no egg, no club no season tickets...no Charlie no club. (tu)

Green and all his wee gang are parasites.

Took advantage of our loyalty and milked us dry.

PM, MM etc are just as bad.

In a perfect scenario I'd have taken Dave King as owner and Wallace running the day to day business.

Shame

I think he is referring to me.

He is rather thick, so you have to excuse him for being slow on the uptake around the idea that Green was not the only show in town.

As I have shown, there was bid of c£6m from Walter smiths consortium, which had Green walked away, would have gone on to buy the club.

He does not seem to be able to grasp the idea that the administrators were allowed to sell to another party had chuckles deal fallen through.

If TBK had put in an unconditional bid and won it, they would have been the guys who saved Rangers.

If bill ng had done it, he would have been the man who saved Rangers

If Bill Miller had done it, he would be the man who saved Rangers.

CGs consortium done it, so they are the men who saved Rangers.

Even if there were offers from all of these guys on the table, whomever actually put in the winning bid would be the ones to have saved the club.

FWIW i am not diminishing the fans involvement in keeping us saved, that is without question. Without the massive support from the fans, then CG would have saved nothing other than a lame duck. But the revisionism that is being done, just so people dont have to admit that CG was the man who stepped up to the plate, while all others fucked about and fell by the wayside, is ridiculous.

If TBK had put in an unconditional bid and won it, they would have been the guys who saved Rangers.

Even if there were offers from all of these guys on the table, whomever actually put in the winning bid would be the ones to have saved the club.

FWIW i am not diminishing the fans involvement in keeping us saved, that is without question. Without the massive support from the fans, then CG would have saved nothing other than a lame duck. But the revisionism that is being done, just so people dont have to admit that CG was the man who stepped up to the plate, while all others fucked about and fell by the wayside, is ridiculous.

Sorry mate, but I dont agree.

Im not overly bother with folk saying 'Green saved the club', what I fully refute is people who say 'Without Green there would be no club'.

There is a big distinction between these statements.

It is not revisionism to say that after the CVA failed, there was more than one offer on the table that would have seen up 'saved'. It is a fact.

Green put in a bid for a CVA that was never going to work, and in doing so got exclusivity for the sale of the business once the CVA failed.

i am not going to start going round in circles with you mm :lol:

TLM is way better at that than me, and you have steadfastly refused to listen to him.

I am not saying no charles, no club. But I AM saying CG saved Rangers. None of us know what would have happened if CG had not bid, or failed to put in the best bid...... but the FACT is that CG did put in the best bid ( unconditionally) and paid the exclusivity fee, and followed through with his plan.

These are the facts of the matter, everything else is speculation.

Regrding the bid that was put in AFTER the CVA failed, was it even an official bid? or was it just them saying " we can match cgs bid" after CG had done the dirty work and done the thing that no Rangers man wanted to do, which was put the oldco into liquidation.

The fifth column revisionists will appear in jig time to blabber and bluster.

You know, regardless of whether Green was the only show in town, or there were alternatives, there's nothing to say we can't judge him positively for good stuff and judge him negatively for the bad stuff.

I'll always be grateful for his defence of our titles and fighting our corner, but it was his promise that the IPO money would be there for the return, yet it's not. It's far gone and he has to take responsibility because it happened partly under his watch and partly under that of the board he installed.

That's done but this Ahmed claim just makes them look like they don't care about the Club and it's only, only about the money. I didn't expect them to do it for nothing, but I didn't expect them to do it for almost everything. It makes the IPO look like a rip off-"Give your money for the Rangers! [snigger, Snigger]"

Will Charles be offering tea and biscuits outside the Court of Session to the fans who decide to observe the proceedings? I suggest we have a presence there to remind them of the people whose money they siphoned off and are still trying to pilfer.

You know, regardless of whether Green was the only show in town, or there were alternatives, there's nothing to say we can't judge him positively for good stuff and judge him negatively for the bad stuff.

I'll always be grateful for his defence of our titles and fighting our corner, but it was his promise that the IPO money would be there for the return, yet it's not. It's far gone and he has to take responsibility because it happened partly under his watch and partly under that of the board he installed.

That's done but this Ahmed claim just makes them look like they don't care about the Club and it's only, only about the money.

Will Charles be offering tea and biscuits outside the Court of Session to the fans who decide to observe the proceedings? I suggest we have a presence there to remind them of the people whose money they siphoned off and are still trying to pilfer.

not sure you are correct regarding the bold part mate. the plans for the IPO money were laid out in the prospectus, and IIRC there was never anything about keeping it till we got back tot he top.

not sure you are correct regarding the bold part mate. the plans for the IPO money were laid out in the prospectus, and IIRC there was never anything about keeping it till we got back tot he top.

I'm sure he said different in his interviews.

Either way, the Club has not seen full benefit of that money or anywhere near it. Too much of it has gone on bonuses, boardroom salaries and fees.

TLM is way better at that than me, and you have steadfastly refused to listen to him.

I am not saying no charles, no club. But I AM saying CG saved Rangers. None of us know what would have happened if CG had not bid, or failed to put in the best bid...... but the FACT is that CG did put in the best bid ( unconditionally) and paid the exclusivity fee, and followed through with his plan.

Regrding the bid that was put in AFTER the CVA failed, was it even an official bid? or was it just them saying " we can match cgs bid" after CG had done the dirty work and done the thing that no Rangers man wanted to do, which was put the oldco into liquidation.

Great post Gogzy, I am still grateful to CG for making it possible for us fans to buy season tickets again and I have no problem with him making money for what he did.

Either way, the Club has not seen full benefit of that money or anywhere near it.

thats a different debate :)

If one of your main reasons for thingin of him negatively, is that he promised we would keep the money for our return. Then surely if he didn't actually make the promise you thought he made, it softens your opinion?

As for the money being spent unwisely, I agree to an extent. some of the consultancy fees were a bit mental, and the overall IPO costs we on the very high side.

But he gets accused of all sorts, stealing Rangers money is usually right at the top of peoples lists, when he actually only got what he was contractually entitled to. Same for stockbridge and the rest of the board.

Haha, fair enough mate!

For the record, I did listent to Lawman, I just dont happen to agree with him ;)

As for the bid from Smith, as far as I can see it was an official bid that was rejected :-

"I would like to clarify the background to the offer of £6million for the assets of the Club which I announced on Thursday 14th June 2012.

"The offer was made to the administrators before the Charles Green consortium had concluded their transaction to acquire the assets at £5.5m from the administrators."

you would think so,but bb seems hellbent on convincing us green was our saviour,nobody else get's a mention.

I can't speak for him, and have no idea why so many of you are so hellbent on arguing with him.

Put him on ignore if he annoys you so much mate.

I still think people believe he is jack irvine :lol:

thats a different debate :)

If one of your main reasons for thingin of him negatively, is that he promised we would keep the money for our return. Then surely if he didn't actually make the promise you thought he made, it softens your opinion?

As for the money being spent unwisely, I agree to an extent. some of the consultancy fees were a bit mental, and the overall IPO costs we on the very high side.

But he gets accused of all sorts, stealing Rangers money is usually right at the top of peoples lists, when he actually only got what he was contractually entitled to. Same for stockbridge and the rest of the board.

I think it's undeniable that he gave the impression we would have IPO money for the return. He painted a rosy picture, got the money off, took a big cut along with his mates then fucked off. The IPO now looks at least a bit dishonest or a complete rip-off that's achieved a disappointingly tiny benefit. As for a promise being the main thing, that's not really the case. It's just part of a picture of financial management where the fans' money has not gone to the cause.

Now after his appointed Finance Director says there could be £1.__m plus retail money in April, they come back for another £0.5m? If the Club think there's nothing to be paid and are happy to go to Court and (G) Wallace is happy with that, I'll side with the Club

What did the IPO really achieve for the Club? Very little. Are they entitled to this latest bung? That seems to be in dispute. If he is or isn't entitled, the court will decide and that may be a compromise figure. If it's contestable, contest it. Personally, I've had enough of the carpetbagging and the long line of unnecessary challenges from media, propagandists, bigots and now the people who fucked up the finances when they started with a clean slate and big lump sum to work with.

The question some should be reflecting upon isn't "Did he save the Club?" but "Is the Club saved yet?" There is much work to be done and we need all the resources we can muster to do that. Another obstacle in the way, particularly when it seems it may be another unfair one, isn't really all that welcome.