McCoist on STV. Fans need a reality check

No there isn't any arguing it. But there's also pointing out the facts in a fair way. It was 15 points with them having 2 games in hand. It wasn't a good season, but the mitigating circumstances have to be recognised not only in relation to games in hand, but the obvious off the field issues, which started way before administration in Feb of that season. The shit was hitting the fan by at least September/October.

I'm sorry but no-one had a clue about what was going on off the field until valentines day that year, so that is a blatant lie. All you have to do is look at the stories from then from all the players claiming they didn't have a clue until they were told on the morning of the 14th.

Facts: We threw away a 15 point lead in the space of 2 months, a 20 point swing all in before administration even came about. We crashed out of the CL qualifiers to nobodies, we crashed out of the EL qualifiers to even smaller nobodies, we crashed out the League Cup to a team in a league below us, the Scottish at home to fucking Dundee Utd. All in the first months of his managerial reign.

Let's not even start at his record since administration eh?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way did it hit the fan, players not getting paid? Games cancelled because of unpaid bill?

Im curious the effect on the players by October, some of whom had earned over a quarter of a million that season already

CW warns 'Decisions will have to be made and there will be a period of pain'. Judge freezes assets and warns of a real risk of the club 'going bust'. Further attempts being made to freeze assets. Board members (Greig and McLelland) leaving saying they have been 'isolated', Documentary by BBC about the problems and making Whyte out to be less than trustworthy. ALL in September/October. Contrary to the above post, I think it's reasonable to think this may have had some affect because there is plenty there for players to infer that the boardroom issues are likely to affect them soon.

I'm sorry but no-one had a clue about what was going on off the field until valentines day that year, so that is a blatant lie. All you have to do is look at the stories from then from all the players claiming they didn't have a clue until they were told on the morning of the 14th.

Facts: We threw away a 15 point lead in the space of 2 months, a 20 point swing all in before administration even came about. We crashed out of the CL qualifiers to nobodies, we crashed out of the EL qualifiers to even smaller nobodies, we crashed out the League Cup to a team in a league below us, the Scottish at home to fucking Dundee Utd. All in the first months of his managerial reign.

"Aye but but Lennon pure lost Rangers tha league so he did!"

"We went intae admin n the players stoaped trying n aw that"

:lol:

Utter pish

Not true. See my previous post. I doubt they didn't have a clue something was seriously wrong. You also miss plenty of facts out.

"Aye but but Lennon pure lost Rangers tha league so he did!"

"We went intae admin n the players stoaped trying n aw that"

Utter pish

You really should go back and read what Quinty and those he replied to wrote, you know. You're still missing his point by a country mile. You're not doing yourself any favours.

Apart from Walter Smith of course:

It doesn't take away from the fact that we have a problem, I think you need to be blind to think we don't have a problem that for a team of our standing we should not have, and my concern is that that will continue. But everything will not be all right at the end of the season. It will only get worse. We are delighted to be in the final, but anybody who thinks it is going to get better in the summer is deluding themselves. My concerns for Rangers for the long term – not even in the long term, for the end of the season – are genuine concerns as being a supporter as much as being a manager. - Walter Smith after making the 2010 League Cup final.

And I ask again, who was responsible for getting us the 15 point lead?

Let's actually get some objective facts in here which you won't like as it defeats your Ally bashing objective. You sensationalize everything as per usual.

You say we threw away a 15 point lead. We were 15 points ahead but Celtic had two games in hand. In fact Celtic only dropped 13 points between the start of the season and the end of February so we couldn't have actually properly been 15 points ahead (lost to St Johnstone, us & Hearts and drew with Killie & Hibs)

So we were really 9 points ahead. Ally can't do anything about Celtic winning their games in hand and shouldn't be responsible.

Secondly there was not a 20 point swing. We were 9 points ahead in reality and we then went on to being 4 points behind prior to admin. This is a 13 point swing not a 20 point swing.

For the record losing the lead we had was unacceptable and very bad but don't exaggerate the statistics just to prove your point (tu)

You really should go back and read what Quinty and those he replied to wrote, you know. You're still missing his point by a country mile. You're not doing yourself any favours.

It seems to be only you and quinty backtracking, but then given both of your agendas it's no surprise....

We have disucssed and laughed at his 'point' that Lennon made Rangers lose the lead.....

It's you who is doing yourself no favours.

Apart from Walter Smith of course:

It doesn't take away from the fact that we have a problem, I think you need to be blind to think we don't have a problem that for a team of our standing we should not have, and my concern is that that will continue. But everything will not be all right at the end of the season. It will only get worse. We are delighted to be in the final, but anybody who thinks it is going to get better in the summer is deluding themselves. My concerns for Rangers for the long term – not even in the long term, for the end of the season – are genuine concerns as being a supporter as much as being a manager. - Walter Smith after making the 2010 League Cup final.

And I ask again, who was responsible for getting us the 15 point lead?

Craig Whyte took over in May 2011, over a year later. So that comment isn't even important.

As for you're last question, it would be the same person responsible for blowing it and crashing out of 8 cup competitions in three years. (tu)

It seems to be only you and quinty backtracking, but then given both of your agendas it's no surprise....

We have disucssed and laughed at his 'point' that Lennon made Rangers lose the lead.....

He isn't saying that, he's making a subtle point that's obviously too subtle for you to spot.

Craig Whyte took over in May 2011, over a year later. So that comment isn't even important.

As for you're last question, it would be the same person responsible for blowing it and crashing out of 8 cup competitions in three years. (tu)

Battering on a brick wall there GOAT, the guy refused to accept the reality there.

Also, do you have an 'agenda'? Or is it only people that have the opposite view to you that have an 'agenda'? (as opposed to, oh I don't know, just having a different opinion).

Let's actually get some objective facts in here which you won't like as it defeats your Ally bashing objective. You sensationalize everything as per usual.

You say we threw away a 15 point lead. We were 15 points ahead but Celtic had two games in hand. In fact Celtic only dropped 13 points between the start of the season and the end of February so we couldn't have actually properly been 15 points ahead (lost to St Johnstone, us & Hearts and drew with Killie & Hibs)

So we were really 9 points ahead. Ally can't do anything about Celtic winning their games in hand and shouldn't be responsible.

Secondly there was not a 20 point swing. We were 9 points ahead in reality and we then went on to being 4 points behind prior to admin. This is a 13 point swing not a 20 point swing.

For the record losing the lead we had was unacceptable and very bad but don't exaggerate the statistics just to prove your point (tu)

We were 15 points ahead. Games in hand mean nothing we had points on the board and were 15 points ahead, you can't get away from that as much as you want to. and we were 5 points behind on valentines day.

There's no point in debating with braindead people who love McCoist more than Rangers. So I'm out. Thankfully the majority know his times up, that will do me.

Are you two of the same poster?

Seems you both spout the same rubbish constantly....

Ah, you know that you've missed something now but you don't want to admit it.

We were 15 points ahead. Games in hand mean nothing we had points on the board and were 15 points ahead, you can't get away from that as much as you want to. and we were 5 points behind on valentines day.

There's no point in debating with braindead people who love McCoist more than Rangers. So I'm out. Thankfully the majority know his times up, that will do me.

Games in hand mean nothing? They are games which they won, got maximum points and got the gap down to 9 points which is what it really was. They clearly didn't mean nothing.

We were not 5 points behind on Valentines Day we were 4.

Celtic had dropped 13 points at that stage (Hearts loss, St Johnstone loss, Rangers loss, Killie draw & Hibs draw)

We had dropped 17 points at that stage (Hearts/St Mirren / St Johnstone/Aberdeen draws & losses to Celtic + Killie + St Mirren)

So we were really on ever 9 points ahead in reality as they won their games in hand and we were 4 points behind when admin hit as we had dropped 4 more points than them.

Games in hand mean nothing :lol: Still can't get over that new line (tu)

Out with an insult. Another one unable to accept that some people see things differently. Also, spare me the 'loves McCoist more than Rangers' pish. As I've said countless times to people who've chosen the insult route, I've given plenty of justification of my view, which you may not agree with, but your absolute certainty of your position to the point of calling others brain dead is more than a bit arrogant.

Out with an insult. Another one unable to accept that some people see things differently. Also, spare me the 'loves McCoist more than Rangers' pish. As I've said countless times to people who've chosen the insult route, I've given plenty of justification of my view, which you may not agree with, but your absolute certainty of your position to the point of calling others brain dead is more than a bit arrogant.

They think they're dealing in objective fact as opposed to opinion (tu)

Celtic survived the controversial dismissal of Daniel Majstorovic to restore their four-point lead at the top of the table by beating Inverness

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16884902

The lead was four points there you go (tu)

So a 19 point swing then. God, Ally must stay. :lol:

Only a 19 point swing if you consider there two games in hand irrelevant like you do for some reason.

Because games which they won and got points mean nothing apparently :rolleyes:

It was a 13 point swing, still unacceptable.

Also the fact we were 4 points behind in February does not mean we had lost the league look at 2004-2005 or 2007-2008 or the 11-12 EPL season to know that (tu)

Only a 19 point swing if you consider there two games in hand irrelevant like you do for some reason.

Because games which they won and got points mean nothing apparently :rolleyes:

It was a 13 point swing, still unacceptable.

Also the fact we were 4 points behind in February does not mean we had lost the league look at 2004-2005 or 2007-2008 or the 11-12 EPL season to know that (tu)

Was there a 19 point swing, yes or no?