McCoist on STV. Fans need a reality check

Celtic winning games is expected but you don't think 17 consecutive wins is a good run of form which is more than expected?

It wasn't down to Celtic we chucked it, if we'd done our job it wouldn't have mattered but our bad results were compounded by Celtic going on a very good run of form.

The other thing I'd say is we got unlucky at points in that bad run.

We should have had a penalty in the defeat at Kilmarnock and we remember the Lee Wallace goal that wasn't given at Parkhead

That doesn't excuse it mind but they are factors that should be acknowledged (tu)

No it shouldnt be.

Celtic were miles ahead of every other team bar ourselves so it's no real shock they went 17 consecutive wins. They showed they had fight and the manager got the best out of their squad.

Ours failed on those aspects and admin just masked what was really happening on the pitch, we bottled it and they embraced it.

We had no one to blame but ourselves but again it seems some will do anything they can to move the blame from Ally McCoist.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinty, my boy, you really are above yourself. Asking me to lay off the insults, when that's all you've been doing to other posters for the last hour, slating them for misreading your posts then doing exactly the same with my post.

So I take it you're in the Andrew quinty?

So WE lost the lead we had.

If you lose the games you have PLAYED, it is unlikely that you will establish a lead.

If you lose the games you have yet to PLAY, it is entirely possible that you will lose your lead. Although this is not the only way to lose a lead. Pedantic I know, but correct nonetheless.

Just watched that interview and I have to say his performances are more and more of a cringe feest every time I see or hear one.

It's a pity, but he just doesn't have the 'right stuff' to manage, especially a team like Rangers. It's all very well continally saying he knows all about the Gers, but he plainly doesn't know everything about how to manage us.

I`ve stopped watching his interviews as they make me cringe now.Reality is the squad with the 2nd highest wage bill in the country,playing at home to the team fourth from bottom in 4th Division should not struggle to a controversial draw.We don`t expect slinky Barcaesque football,simply the basics and some pattern of play other than pump it into the box for Daly.

Think before you speak Ally,you`re making yourself look out of touch with reality.

No it shouldnt be.

Celtic were miles ahead of every other team bar ourselves so it's no real shock they went 17 consecutive wins. They showed they had fight and the manager got the best out of their squad.

Ours failed on those aspects and admin just masked what was really happening on the pitch, we bottled it and they embraced it.

We had no one to blame but ourselves but again it seems some will do anything they can to move the blame from Ally McCoist.

17 wins in a row was not the norm it was well above average and was not to be expected.

In 10-11 season we held the record with 9 wins on the trot, in 09-10 Celtic held the record with 8 wins on the bounce. The title had gone by that point though to be honest.

In 08-09 Celtic again held the record with 12 wins in a row. In 07-08 we were top with 13 consecutive wins and in 06-07 Celtic were top with 11 wins in a row.

In 05-06 Celtic held the record with 9 wins on the bounce. You have to go back to the 04-05 season to beat 17 wins in a row when Celtic won 25 games in a row which is a British record.

Rangers have never won 17 consecutive league games on the bounce since the SPL began. Walter didn't manage it. Eck didn't manage it. Advocaat didn't manage it.

17 wins in a row was a well above average the stats in previous seasons reflect that. Blame McCoist for it all if you want and to be honest he should shoulder a lot of the blame but the run of wins Celtic went on was very good and well above average and played a big part in us losing the title (tu)

17 wins in a row was not the norm it was well above average and was not to be expected.

In 10-11 season we held the record with 9 wins on the trot, in 09-10 Celtic held the record with 8 wins on the bounce. The title had gone by that point though to be honest.

In 08-09 Celtic again held the record with 12 wins in a row. In 07-08 we were top with 13 consecutive wins and in 06-07 Celtic were top with 11 wins in a row.

In 05-06 Celtic held the record with 9 wins on the bounce. You have to go back to the 04-05 season to beat 17 wins in a row when Celtic won 25 games in a row which is a British record.

Rangers have never won 17 consecutive league games on the bounce since the SPL began. Walter didn't manage it. Eck didn't manage it. Advocaat didn't manage it.

17 wins in a row was a well above average the stats in previous seasons reflect that. Blame McCoist for it all if you want and to be honest he should shoulder a lot of the blame but the run of wins Celtic went on was very good and well above average and played a big part in us losing the title (tu)

Facts.... dem pesky facts

“But you could look at Sunday’s result another way – that we got a draw at home against a team who were a league above us last season. I’m not saying for a minute that is the way we should look at it but if you really want to be half full rather than half empty then you could.

Have you ever heard such drivel?

That's more of an embarrassment than the result, how anyone can defend a statement like that is beggars belief.

Who knows, may bump into you one day, but you'll have to get the ferry, f*** if I'm coming to Gosport.

Outside now. Still down in Pompei occasionally, and usually at Twickers for Army/Navy.

IKARA LEANDER/T22 X 2/T42 x 3/SSBN x 1