McCoist on STV. Fans need a reality check

Dear Ally,

Yes Ally here is a reality check.

You are quite correct. We are not the great Rangers team of times gone by.

Despite that, we the fans, who keep the club going, and you in a very well paid job, still keep turning up in vast numbers to support what we have.

However, we are not in the Premier league or playing in Europe, so you are delusional if you think it is wrong of the fans to expect better from a very well paid and equipped squad playing against twenty quid a week part timers.

Your continued defence of these shoddy performances reeks of deflection from a man trying to polish a turd

The very fact you are now slating the fans for being unreasonable is at best deflection and at worst showing you are delusional and completely out of touch with the reality of your situation.

If you truly were not embarrassed by your team being outplayed by postmen, shelf fillers and a taxman, then it is time for you to walk away.

That game was far from the exception.

Whilst we do not expect to win every game, we do not expect to struggle in them either.

One of the biggest hallmarks of a good manager is getting the best out of what you have and motivating them.

The Albion manager did this.

Why couldn't you ?

Regards

The unreasonable loyal.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“But you could look at Sunday’s result another way – that we got a draw at home against a team who were a league above us last season. I’m not saying for a minute that is the way we should look at it but if you really want to be half full rather than half empty then you could.

An incredible statement by a man who's way out of his depth..

Treating the fans with utter contempt..

he just doesn't want to say he is embarrassed because he views it as "disrespectful " to the other team. I find that remark embarrassing and disrespectful to the Rangers support.

Good for you, I find it neither embarrassing or disrespectful. So don't get upset on my account.

"But you could look at Sunday's result another way – that we got a draw at home against a team who were a league above us last season. I'm not saying for a minute that is the way we should look at it but if you really want to be half full rather than half empty then you could.

An incredible statement by a man who's way out of his depth..

Treating the fans with utter contempt..

This (tu)

I can put up with shite football, boardroom nonsense and constantabuse from fans of other clubs, but when people start treating me like an idiot by saying everythings fine and dandy and acting like they dont know what the fans are getting so wound up about that pisses me off. Ally should know that its not good enough and apologise to us and either A) explain how hes going to fix it or B) quit.

I never thought Ally would be one to treat the fans like we're fools but that how I feel after reading this.

Another very good post.

nice rant, but he didnt even say that the fans needed a reality check.

wire in though if it makes you feel better.

Yes really really :lol:

Rovers defended out of their skins, rarely had any more than one guy cross our halfway line and had a solid block of nine to ten men camped firmly in their final third.

Thats is hard, very hard to break down, and we tried, we had .30 attempts at goal, thats one every three minutes.

We huffed and puffed, like most teams would against that type of formation and defenders playing above themselves.

Fuck sake we went out and set up the same way and got a draw with Barca, we set out that stall and got to a Uefa cup final using it.

Teams have used that tactic against us for years, and even in the premiership against Rangers teams stacked with talent, and we have struggled to break them down and sometimes had to come away with draws or defeats.

Usually all it takes is one goal to break the dam, but in sundays game the goal just wasnt enough.

Gogzy 2 points ( ok maybe 3)

You make all the same points I have made

( but perhaps nicer)

Is it to early to say I love you and want yer babies! ?

So when we hump them in the replay, their manager will be

a. A fanny

b. Wrong

c. Disrespectful

d. Really sorry he made such a stupid comment

What is it about his comments you don't understand? He is a full time care worker, managing a part time team on little more than expenses who just got a great result at Ibrox.....he is saying they are going to win for a reason....to instill belief and confidence in his players most of whom will have to work on Monday before playing us! Even if we hammer them 9-0 it won't make his comments any of the above.

At Halloween we were 15 points clear of Celtic, by Valentines Day we were 5 points behind. There is no arguing against that fact.

No there isn't any arguing it. But there's also pointing out the facts in a fair way. It was 15 points with them having 2 games in hand. It wasn't a good season, but the mitigating circumstances have to be recognised not only in relation to games in hand, but the obvious off the field issues, which started way before administration in Feb of that season. The shit was hitting the fan by at least September/October.

“But you could look at Sunday’s result another way – that we got a draw at home against a team who were a league above us last season. I’m not saying for a minute that is the way we should look at it but if you really want to be half full rather than half empty then you could.

Have you ever heard such drivel?

That I will give you. That's the first time I can remember that I've read a McCoist quote and winced.

No there isn't any arguing it. But there's also pointing out the facts in a fair way. It was 15 points with them having 2 games in hand. It wasn't a good season, but the mitigating circumstances have to be recognised not only in relation to games in hand, but the obvious off the field issues, which started way before administration in Feb of that season. The shit was hitting the fan by at least September/October.

I actually think even before then there were signs we would struggle under ally.....we had far to much reliance on Naismith and when he got injured we never really recovered from that or had a plan b.....similarly to just now with lesser players, ally has one way of playing and if that doesn't work we really do tend to struggle! We need a manager with adaptability and who can get the best out of the players we have whether they are a gazza or a nicky law!

My keyboard is actually drenched in tears from laughing at how worked up you get from not knowing what you are posting.

:lol:

Neil Lennon losing Rangers the lead!

Another quinty special.

You seriously can't see the point he was making? I didn't think you were that daft, so I take it you're trolling?

I actually think even before then there were signs we would struggle under ally.....we had far to much reliance on Naismith and when he got injured we never really recovered from that or had a plan b.....similarly to just now with lesser players, ally has one way of playing and if that doesn't work we really do tend to struggle! We need a manager with adaptability and who can get the best out of the players we have whether they are a gazza or a nicky law!

I don't think there were, however you are right about Naismith. Given the behind the scenes issues though, I wouldn't rush to judge McCoist for the way that season went for several reasons (apart from the European catastrophe at the start which, even though at the start of his managerial career, he obviously holds a lot of responsibility for). I also don't agree he can't change things.

Here's how you get significant reading comprehension improvement for adults in the three month time period . . .

• This is a straightforward three step plan that puts glue in your brain to lock in what you read and hear.
    • You get a coach assigned to you from MindPrime. That's right, your own personal coach.
    • You start with pictures because this is your brain's favorite form of taking things in.
    • Your first exercise locks in what you see using everyday words. You will be amazed at this simple process. We will discuss with you how you can best begin to apply this strategy immediately at work or in your academic studies.
    • You'll leave this first coaching conversation with a practice plan.
    • In the next step, you learn how to be your own movie director,creating your own pictures in your mind. Your coach will again explore with you how you can immediately apply this new strategy at work on in academic courses.
    • Lastly, you'll go to reading words on the page using simple sentences and short stories. At this point, you are ready for the words to trigger pictures in your mind. (Right now your trigger may not be working well . . . or at all.) Words begin to trigger the pictures that lock in, anchor and organize information.

What point?

He said Lennon lost Rangers the league, which is utter pish.

Nah, yer at it. He was making a point to a previous poster, if I read him correctly.

The shit was hitting the fan by at least September/October.

In what way did it hit the fan, players not getting paid? Games cancelled because of unpaid bill?

Im curious the effect on the players by October, some of whom had earned over a quarter of a million that season already

Sigh :D

Still not getting that reading thing eh?

Ok, Quinty interpreting for the hard of thinking -

Goat - At Halloween we were 15 points clear of Celtic, by Valentines Day we were 5 points behind. There is no arguing against that fact.

Quinty - Who got us 15 points clear of Celtic by Halloween?

Adoniram- Neil Lennon because their early season form was dreadful. Their turning point came when they came back from 3 goals down at Kilmarnock to draw 3-3.

We then imploded when the heat was on and dropped points against the minnows....who lost us the lead?

Quinty - Neil Lennon because their mid-season form was fantastic!! see what I did there?

Godfather - Spunkdribble

In what way did it hit the fan, players not getting paid? Games cancelled because of unpaid bill?

Im curious the effect on the players by October, some of whom had earned over a quarter of a million that season already

"Off field issues" are often used as an excuse after a bad result or season yet it funny how every ex pro always says as long as they were getting paid it didn't affect them and current players never bring it up after a win or a good season....

According to quinty

Rangers got their lead, celtic needed favours, in the space of 6 weeks celtic beat us once and managed the 14 point swing but that was lennon and nothing to do with rangers dropping 11 points to the rest of the spl :lol:

The guys a moron :lol:

He posts threads saying R.I.P to someone who died years ago thinking it was news!