So is Ally to stay now?

thats because he loaned out all the young guys that could and would likely have fought for a place in the squad

He also refuses to change anything whatsoever, Daly has a stinker, starts next game, black and law are off form, guess who's first on the teamsheet

Dean Shiels was dropped from the team, did he play any worse than the others on sunday? how can black continue to keep his 90 minutes place when he hasnt kicked a ball in months, law has been stinking since new year yet he starts every game over someone like shiels

Sheils is pretty much a waste of space, one good game 6 rotten ones.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats because he loaned out all the young guys that could and would likely have fought for a place in the squad

Who is all the young guys? Barry McKay?

He also refuses to change anything whatsoever, Daly has a stinker, starts next game, black and law are off form, guess who's first on the teamsheet

Wasn't that my point? no one to fight for places. Incidentally Black is the only guy I'd have given pass marks to against Rovers.

Dean Shiels was dropped from the team, did he play any worse than the others on sunday?

Dean Shiels was dropped because he went 4-4-2 and he's not a striker. He could also have dropped Templeton and kept Shiels in the team, glad he didn't do that.

how can black continue to keep his 90 minutes place when he hasnt kicked a ball in months, law has been stinking since new year yet he starts every game over someone like shiels

I would also start Law over Shiels in every game as they are entirely different players. Shiels as good as he is sometimes isn't going to work box to box for you.

I would prefer MacLeod in place of Black.

Was pleased for Ally that we won the league last night, but doesn't change anything for me, we need some new direction. The first half was great and to be honest if the team had played like that all season I would be fully behind Ally. however the second half was dire. The players switched off and were mostly show boating, we never looked like scoring after Little & Temps were forced off. i really enjoyed the end of game celebration, none more so than Ally's, however the previous games since the new year have been dire & Alley hasn;t been able to motivate his team. Thanks for the last 2 championships, but now is time to go.

Ally will stay because the board don't have the balls or money to let him go.

Correct, he has played a blinder throughout. Hes unsackable, hes managed to avoid fall out from his excessive wage and knows how to be a political animal shifting his opinion when required. Next season will be more of a challenge, but ultimately superior resources will again ensure that upward momentum is maintained, regardless of true long term cost.

Eh? Black was the best player on the park last night by some way if you ask me. Not his only decent performance of late either.

i never said anything about last night, im commenting on the fact that black can have a consistent run of terrible performances, but it matters not a jot

I often wonder why so many are obsessed with Rangers playing high balls into the box. To my knowledge unless you are lying on the ground it is not possible to head a goal without a high ball.

Go to You Tube, type in Christiano Ronaldo headed goals, and you will see a feast of high ball goals.

If it is masterclass when Ronaldo's teammates give him high balls, why is it amateurish when McCoists team does it?

I often wonder why so many are obsessed with Rangers playing high balls into the box. To my knowledge unless you are lying on the ground it is not possible to head a goal without a high ball.

Go to You Tube, type in Christiano Ronaldo headed goals, and you will see a feast of high ball goals.

If it is masterclass when Ronaldo's teammates give him high balls, why is it amateurish when McCoists team does it?

Ronaldo can jump to the height of the crossbar, our forward can barely clear the grass...

Ronaldo can jump to the height of the crossbar, our forward can barely clear the grass...

Rangers have scored 87 goals in the league alone this season, of which Daly has scored 19. Either they are scoring goals with their feet which contradicts the high ball theory, or they are managing to clear the grass quite effectively. Which one is it?

Fckn negativity on here is really getting on my goat.The team with Ally at the helm are still on course for a treble of sorts.

So many wanting him to fail is just pitiful.

So is Ally to stay now,for fck sake?

Don't thinks so, he has to go because winning the first division isn't an achievement, think he would have been fine if he had done a Duke of Edinburgh award, think that counts as an achievement, who new.....

Ally should go at the end of the season.If he is not allowed to sign any players next year,then he will be found out badly.And i dont think he is capable of taking us up.Ally is not the solution,he is part of the problem.

Not for me, but would love him to resign with the treble in the bag and his head held high and every bear thanking him for all he has done the rest of his life.

If not it will come to a head the first season back in the spfl and the fans will really turn on him and I do not wish that on Ally.

Let the board know your intentions, so they can sound out Billy Davis.

For this to happen we need new investment to give him some sort of kitty to build his own squad.

If we were playing through the middle and scoring plenty people would be complaining that we weren't using the wings right, it's not about the tactics used it's about moaning....

This is probably the most reasonable and realistic scenario tbh. We'll probably have to wait and see what state we're in by May, I doubt we'll be able to bring in a lot more players in the summer as Ally probably wants to do, so I'm hoping this won't be used as an excuse when we've had 2 seasons to prepare for it.

As you say though, a crack at the championship and it should be his biggest test as a coach yet.

My opinion might change if we don't get past Albion Rovers, however.

I actually think his biggest test was holding the club together after the meltdown and coming into the final straight with a strong performance, plenty write it off but it was a task to finish second, there was also the chance they could have won the league at Ibrox, the importance of winning that game cannot be overstated...

I still believe Ally should go along with the back room staff. In my opinion Rangers truly need to be cleaned out all the way through the club. We need fresh ideas and a new approach. Ally and his mates want to keep to what they have known for years. I am all for preserving our heritage but, on the footballing front we must move on. I will always hold Ally in high regard for the player he was. I really hope he steps down and doesn't need pushed. It will allow us to give him a good send off. Sadly, I can't see him doing that as he believes he is doing a great job.

No.

I still think we can get someone that would get better out the players we have. I accept our record in Div 1 , but performance wise I have no faith should we play spfl teams .

Derek McInnes has been with the sheep a season and he's already put the tims out the cup and fucked up their unbeaten run. Every chance he'll beat Yellow Teeth again after the split. As much as it hurts me to say it , I doubt if Ally would have achieved that.

We need to realise what's best for Rangers and not Ally .

I don't think he is the way forward, legend as a player, top man, but say we head into next season and come October we are still playing the same stale stuff and dropping points, that imo is another wasted season as a new man with fresh ideas needs time, I hope its a mutual consent at the seasons end and a new Souness type broom sweeps in with fresh ideas and gets the sadly lacking feelgood factor back about the place.

No.

I still think we can get someone that would get better out the players we have. I accept our record in Div 1 , but performance wise I have no faith should we play spfl teams .

Derek McInnes has been with the sheep a season and he's already put the tims out the cup and fucked up their unbeaten run. Every chance he'll beat Yellow Teeth again after the split. As much as it hurts me to say it , I doubt if Ally would have achieved that.

We need to realise what's best for Rangers and not Ally .

Yet if we go back to a time when we were playing them we find that with Ally in charge the count stands at 2 wins each,

is it a case of all is forgiven for the cup game? I was happy to see the league wrapped up last night but I'm not going to forget the fact it took 2 penalties to get a 3 nil score line last night. Are people now backing Ally on the basis of winning a league that we had won on paper before a ball was kicked? Nothing has changed people, we still need Ally to step down for the good of the club, any manager would have had that league won and most would have done so with more style. We are still not good enough to win the Championship without an all out battle in a lot of games and there is only one man to blame for that. The fickleness has to stop.

Dont know who you're refering to as everyone I speak to still wants him to go at the end of the season.

Rangers have scored 87 goals in the league alone this season, of which Daly has scored 19. Either they are scoring goals with their feet which contradicts the high ball theory, or they are managing to clear the grass quite effectively. Which one is it?

the quote that I was responding to is banal how can you compare Ronaldo with Daly ffs ,anyway, I don't recall Daly outjumping 19 defenders and powering in headers...