Zenit defender claims he helped fix a UEFA Cup match

JamieD

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thats a European cup and a uefa cup we've been bumped out of

Fuck it im claiming them now in the name of our great club

I remember explaining the Marseille stuff to an English guy and he was like "ahh, don't be naive, I'm sure your guys were fixing matches and taking performance-enhancing drugs too" and I was like "I think before we felt we had to resort to paying refs and giving our players PEDS we would probably have, you know, fixed their diets and sent them to AA meetings first, and seen if there was a performance boost" :lol:

Interesting, we lost fair and square on the night though so I can't really get worked up about it on that level

Of course, but there's a case to be argued that if they fixed a match during the competition (and it's not clear when this guy is saying it happened - if it only happened once) they had no right to be in the final in the first place.

Of course, but there's a case to be argued that if they fixed a match during the competition (and it's not clear when this guy is saying it happened - if it only happened once) they had no right to be in the final in the first place.

Aye I get that and would like to know, but if it gets into talk about us being awarded the trophy etc i'm not interested, just wouldn't feel anything like the same

Aye I get that and would like to know, but if it gets into talk about us being awarded the trophy etc i'm not interested, just wouldn't feel anything like the same

Oh, me neither, that's just daft. I'd have no issues with them being stripped of the trophy though. It's incredible that Marseille weren't, considered they were relegated from the league and banned from Europe.

If a team has cheated and are thus disqualified it should be whoever was in second place who takes it. That's how competition works. I'm not desperate for us to get it, as it wouldn't be the same, but there's not a chance the club would go against UEFA's decision if they decided we should get it.

If a team has cheated and are thus disqualified it should be whoever was in second place who takes it. That's how competition works. I'm not desperate for us to get it, as it wouldn't be the same, but there's not a chance the club would go against UEFA's decision if they decided we should get it.

If I remember right Inter didn't get awarded one of the Serie A titles stripped from Juventus?

If I remember right Inter didn't get awarded one of the Serie A titles stripped from Juventus?

No idea. That's not the point I'm making though really.

I'm saying that if Zenit are disqualified, and IF UEFA ruled us the winners, I wouldn't be complaining.

Are you saying you'd actively be against such a decision?

We didnt deserve to win it that night. Id play a replay against the 3rd place team, but wouldnt want to just take the trophy. Id never claim we won it anyway if that were the case.

No idea. That's not the point I'm making though really.

I'm saying that if Zenit are disqualified, and IF UEFA ruled us the winners, I wouldn't be complaining.

Are you saying you'd actively be against such a decision?

Depends what you mean by actively, I wouldn't be starting a campaign or losing any sleep over it, but i'd personally rather we didn't accept a title under those circumstances.