Zenit defender claims he helped fix a UEFA Cup match

JamieD

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, if Cousin didn't stick the nut in at Florence then he would have been a guaranteed starter in the final.

Don't know about that Walter seemed to favour starting Darcheville up front on his own, but he'd have been a good option to bring on especially with Darcheville never being fully fit

Oh, me neither, that's just daft. I'd have no issues with them being stripped of the trophy though. It's incredible that Marseille weren't, considered they were relegated from the league and banned from Europe.

Exactly, a proper stand has to be taken considering the financial implications of modern football and then the issue of fans who will rebel against this cheating and football will lose its merit

Don't know about that Walter seemed to favour starting Darcheville up front on his own, but he'd have been a good option to bring on especially with Darcheville never being fully fit

he would have been a definite starter IMO. When arsed he was quality, Lyon, Barca and Bremen are good examples.

I remember watching a programme about Walter smith just after he left and he said his biggest regret was not having a striker available he trusted in the uefa cup final. I 100% believe he would have played cousin. He suited the one man up front role with his physique, power and pace.

I remember watching a programme about Walter smith just after he left and he said his biggest regret was not having a striker available he trusted in the uefa cup final. I 100% believe he would have played cousin. He suited the one man up front role with his physique, power and pace.

Would have been good if we'd have had Miller earlier then as well, as much as I objected to the signing at the time.

We didnt deserve to win it that night. Id play a replay against the 3rd place team, but wouldnt want to just take the trophy. Id never claim we won it anyway if that were the case.

Bayern or Fiorentina?

Bayern could genuinely put about 20 past us.

I think you guys are very harsh on Darcheville he put in some great performances and scored some key goals that season he was faster, more direct and more powerful than Miller was and he was more consistent than Cousin was are you forgetting Cousin had about 1 exceptional game every 10 games and yes while it was mostly in big games there was no guarantee that he would have turned it on in the final, Walters biggest mistake was complete lack of of an outball in the shape of a wide/creative player he should have dropped Whittaker or Broadfoot and played Novo.

Although it might not have mattered in the end we were well beaten overall.

Bayern or Fiorentina?

Bayern could genuinely put about 20 past us.

Bayern. We shouldn't have to play fiorentina we beat them fair and square already. But id welcome a fair shot at a replay of the final with Bayern. Theyd pump us and it wouldn't happen anyway but still.

100% got to be when they pumped Bayern Munich to get to the final

First game I thought it would be since they hammered Munich, Zenit were not that good of a club to be beaten one of the best teams in Germany by more than 3 goals. European football is a funny game and anything can happen in the UEFA Cup as we had the run-in, but we didn't play any wonderful clubs.