Zenit defender claims he helped fix a UEFA Cup match

JamieD

If Zenit are found guilty of this in the 2008 tournament then the title should be stripped from them and awarded to the runner's up.

No alternative is acceptable.

Would be unfortunate for Bayern, but if you followed that reasoning you would also have to allow for all the teams Zenit beat in previous rounds being compensated too.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game I thought it would be since they hammered Munich, Zenit were not that good of a club to be beaten one of the best teams in Germany by more than 3 goals. European football is a funny game and anything can happen in the UEFA Cup as we had the run-in, but we didn't play any wonderful clubs.

They beat Leverkusen 4-1 in Leverkusen tbf.

If Zenit are found guilty of this in the 2008 tournament then the title should be stripped from them and awarded to the runner's up.

No alternative is acceptable.

Would be unfortunate for Bayern, but if you followed that reasoning you would also have to allow for all the teams Zenit beat in previous rounds being compensated too.

I'd rather they just void the tournament for that season. Leave the tainted titles to our unwashed neighbours.

Hang on a frickin minute, the final might not even be under suspicion.

If they fixed matches leading up to the final then they shouldn't have been there and we should have playing someone else. In saying that I wouldn't want a title for something where the best team clearly won on the day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why not? Bremen and Fiorentina were not bad sides.

Bayern drew against Aberdeen and got out of jail at Getafe. This Bayern I'm talking about is from 2008, not the modern day one.

Plus we were capable of getting a result against just about every team we faced in Europe that season.

Why not? Bremen and Fiorentina were not bad sides.

Bayern drew against Aberdeen and got out of jail at Getafe. This Bayern I'm talking about is from 2008, not the modern day one.

Plus we were capable of getting a result against just about every team we faced in Europe that season.

Thy man speakith thy truth. Fiorentina had Inzaghi etc.