Perspective

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We both agree the players are miles below where they should be, we just differ on the cause.

Once they realise they're got a fight on their hands, they'll step up to the plate. Do you honestly not see another 20+ point league win?

I fear we will struggle next year.

It was a cup final yesterday so the players should have stepped up to the plate, and they didn't.

We've got a full season of that next year. 20+ points? I just can't see that based on how were playing.

The players should certainly be good enough. I just don't have faith in the management anymore.

We both agree the players are miles below where they should be, we just differ on the cause.

Once they realise they're got a fight on their hands, they'll step up to the plate. Do you honestly not see another 20+ point league win?

Once they realise they've got a fight on hands, is a cup final not a big enough fucking fight for them and the management then.

I fear we will struggle next year.

It was a cup final yesterday so the players should have stepped up to the plate, and they didn't.

We've got a full season of that next year. 20+ points? I just can't see that based on how were playing.

The players should certainly be good enough. I just don't have faith in the management anymore.

Fair enough. Yesterday was a sickener, but we'd beat that standard of opposition in a league match 19 times out of 20. Raith played out of their skins as it was the biggest match of their lives. I'm sure our players would rather have won, but many have bossed much bigger games. Not good then, I agree, but more a function of the overall situation than Ally in my opinion.

Seen this elsewhere and it is a pretty accurate summary of Ally's tenure as Rangers manager

• Surrendered a colossal 15 point lead to Celtic in the SPL, overturned in just 7 weeks (5th Nov - 24th Dec 2011). By 8th Feb 2012 Celtic were 10 points ahead - a total swing of 25 points in just 12 weeks or so.

• Knocked out of the League Cup, beaten 3-2 by 1st Division outfit, Falkirk.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, beaten 2-0 by Dundee Utd.

• Knocked out of the Champions League by Swedish minnows, Malmo.

• Knocked out of the Europa League by Slovenian minnows, Maribor.

• Gubbed 1-0 by Kilmarnock in our first game after going into Administration. Over the following 3 weeks we were also beaten 2-1 by Hearts and 2-1 by Dundee Utd.

• Just managed to narrowly scrape a 2-1 win against part-time minnows, Brechin City in the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup at Glebe Park - needing a last gasp, extra time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 2-2 draw with part-time minnows, Peterhead at Balmoor - needing a last gasp, last minute goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Berwick Rangers at Shielfield Park.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Forres Mechanics at Mosset Park - after Forres were reduced to ten men.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Annan Athletic at Galabank. Despite being 5 games into the season, and playing in the basement rungs of Scottish football with SPL players we were still without an away win, sitting fourth in the table.

• Horsed out of the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup by Queen Of The South 4-3 on penalties after failing to beat them over 120 minutes of turgid clogging.

• Beaten 1-0 by a Stirling Albion side, nestled snugly at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier, and who had just lost their previous five games on the trot.

• Finally managed an away win in the fourth tier by scraping a narrow win against 10-man Clyde at Broadwood.

• Horsed out of the League Cup by Inverness Caley Thistle who trounced us 3-0 at Ibrox. The scoreline was kept to 3-0 only by an outstanding performance from Neil Alexander, without whom it could easily have been 5 or 6.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against 10-man Queens Park at Hampden - needing a last gasp, 92nd minute, injury time goal to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows Elgin City at Ibrox - after Elgin had been reduced to 10 men.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 1-0 win over 10-man Peterhead at Balmoor, with a Fran Sandaza tap-in (his first goal in five months) after keeper Graeme Smith had spilled the ball.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Montrose at Ibrox - needing an own goal from Montrose's Jonathan Crawford to do so.

• Knocked out of the Scottish Cup, after being absolutely destroyed 3-0 by Dundee Utd - the same team that knocked us out of the cup the previous year.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Forthbank - when Stirling were sitting joint bottom of the fourth tier. We managed just 1 point out of a potential 6 at Forthbank that season.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by an Annan Athletic, a side sitting 34 points behind us, and nestled in second-bottom place at the base of Scottish football's fourth tier. It was only Annan's second away win of the season, having only won 7 league games out of 28 played thus far.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win against part-time minnows, Elgin City at Borough Briggs, needing a 73rd minute penalty to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Stirling Albion at Ibrox.

• Just managed to scrape a 0-0 draw with part-time minnows, Montrose at Links Park - after Montrose had a perfectly legitimate winning volley from Martin Boyle disallowed.

• Gubbed 2-1 at Ibrox by Peterhead, the day after Charles Green stepped down.

• Horsed out of the League Cup in the first round by Forfar Athletic, 2-1 in extra time, after failing to beat them over 90 minutes.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Stranraer at Ibrox, needing a penalty in which to do so.

• Just managed to scrape a narrow 3-2 win over Arbroath at Ibrox, needing another dubious penalty award and a highly fortuitous deflection to do so. This was after falling behind twice to the second-bottom placed team, who were FORTY FOUR points behind us prior to kick off.

• Just managed to scrape a 3-3 draw with Stenhousemuir at Ibrox, needing an own-goal by Ross McMillan to do so. That was after falling behind TWICE.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-0 win over East Fife at Bayview with a 95th minute goal, courtesy of a penalty.

• Just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox.

• Losing the Ramsdens Pawnbrokers Cup Final in extra time to Raith Rovers.

Fair enough. Yesterday was a sickener, but we'd beat that standard of opposition in a league match 19 times out of 20. Raith played out of their skins as it was the biggest match of their lives. I'm sure our players would rather have won, but many have bossed much bigger games. Not good then, I agree, but more a function of the overall situation than Ally in my opinion.

The standard of football has been terrible for a long time now.

The buck stops with the management team, therefore I believe it's well overdue that we give someone else a shot.

I notice not a single suggestion of who would replace him. I agree there are better footballing managers, but remember the endless boardroom chaos. Most would not put up with it.

If the 120 day review results in a total clear-out, I could imagine a replacement coming in. Otherwise, the kind of person we'd get would either be terrible, or good but short term.

The problem with all internet forums is that they only really represent a small group of people within the greater support. The situation then arises where you get the same wee group of folk going round in circles and getting more removed from the realities of the outside world. What we have here is a group of folk who are upset that we lost a final and then react way out of perspective. I do notice that by and large the ones shouting the loudest for the managers removal are the same ones who have been peddling the same line for months and would still be peddling it if we had won yesterday and then went on to win the SC.

What we had yesterday was a below par performance combined with a situation where a truly awful referee allowed the opposition to kick us off he park. In fact the one positive from yesterday was the fact that he players didn't rise to the bait, retaliate and the get a red card. The downside of this was I also didn't make them raise their game either. As the game went on the players looked more and more mentally tired and to be honest I fear that the weekly kicking matches they are having to endure because of poor officials is really starting to take its toll.

Am I sad we didn't win? Yes I am, but at the end of the day the cup competitions are just a side show to what our true objective is. We now have the SC semi against DU, who are probably odds on to go through. Would I like to win it? That goes without saying, but I won't be over reacting if we don't.

PS. For all of those who want McCoist out remember the saying the grass I always greener.

I notice not a single suggestion of who would replace him. I agree there are better footballing managers, but remember the endless boardroom chaos. Most would not put up with it.

If the 120 day review results in a total clear-out, I could imagine a replacement coming in. Otherwise, the kind of person we'd get would either be terrible, or good but short term.

My issue with this is that we have extremely high standards.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, when we begin to accept lower standards then we will not be the Rangers I know and have supported my entire life.

Our standards have always been set higher than others, and I'll continue to expect those standards from anyone pulling on our jersey.

That's it for me (tu)

The problem with all internet forums is that they only really represent a small group of people within the greater support. The situation then arises where you get the same wee group of folk going round in circles and getting more removed from the realities of the outside world. What we have here is a group of folk who are upset that we lost a final and then react way out of perspective. I do notice that by and large the ones shouting the loudest for the managers removal are the same ones who have been peddling the same line for months and would still be peddling it if we had won yesterday and then went on to win the SC.

What we had yesterday was a below par performance combined with a situation where a truly awful referee allowed the opposition to kick us off he park. In fact the one positive from yesterday was the fact that he players didn't rise to the bait, retaliate and the get a red card. The downside of this was I also didn't make them raise their game either. As the game went on the players looked more and more mentally tired and to be honest I fear that the weekly kicking matches they are having to endure because of poor officials is really starting to take its toll.

Am I sad we didn't win? Yes I am, but at the end of the day the cup competitions are just a side show to what our true objective is. We now have the SC semi against DU, who are probably odds on to go through. Would I like to win it? That goes without saying, but I won't be over reacting if we don't.

PS. For all of those who want McCoist out remember the saying the grass I always greener.

Nonsense.

In real life I'm yet to meet anyone who thinks Ally is a decent manager or shouldn't walk/be sacked.

The people who have been the more vocal on it are those in and around Ibrox on matchdays.

Nonsense.

In real life I'm yet to meet anyone who thinks Ally is a decent manager or shouldn't walk/be sacked.

The people who have been the more vocal on it are those in and around Ibrox on matchdays.

Everyone on the bus yesterday said he should go. I assume most other buses where the same

and kids if you turn the page there its a story a true story about a Manager who has no money and had to built a team from scratch each season and because the big bad owner needs the cash to maintain the club is currently fighting for 2nd place in the Scottish Premiership, it a right good read. I thought I would reply to OP.

If Hearts Cva goes through today, once they get a manager and add a few players they'll be a stick on to win championship.

We'll be competing for second place.

If Hearts Cva goes through today, once they get a manager and add a few players they'll be a stick on to win championship.

We'll be competing for second place.

I think it will come down to head-to-heads, and I'd back us to win on that basis. Definitely the hardest test so far, I just think we'll do it.

I have put up with the sub standard performances, and backed the manager and players because the results were there, not winning the ramsdens is unforgivable IMHO.

Yesterday was a gutless, terrible performance and result from a bunch of guys who should have walked that game. simply not good enough.

Thats the boards job, to figure out who replaces him.

I understand, and agree, that Allys main job (IMO the only job that really matters) is to get us back to the SPL. But not to just get us back to the SPL, to imrove each season so that we will be ready for SPL and not get hammered every week.

The cups are of little importance to me. I dont want us to get embarrassed and I want us to win Ramsdens next season. But were not improving at all. If wed been knocked out of the cups but played well and showed improvement in the league then I would be more happy. But weve played shite in the cups, shite in the league. Just shite. No improvement. Theres comes a time when enough is enough, everyone has limits. Ive reached mine a while back and yesterday was the last straw. He needs to go. He'll always be a legend and always welcome at Ibrox, but hes not a manager and should be a man and admit it. For the sake of the club. The fans have done too much for the club for it all to be thrown away because people dont want to see the shite we play week in and week out.

Raith were rank rotten.

Thats the boards job, to figure out who replaces him.

I get that, but to demand the guy is sacked without considering what the future might look like is not helpful. I'd love to watch flowing football each week, but until the club is being run in a sane way, we won't get the right man to do that.

I suppose that thing for me is, I expected the first 18 months to be grim and they have been; but I expected for Rangers to start to find their way again. Ally had a window of time to re-stabilise the club, put together a squad that would set a standard that we could watch it improve upon and to see a style of play that was strong and dominant to gradually appear. Ally has done some of that but he has brought in a lot of deadwood, appears to be unable to increase the standard of play and has produced a lot of performances where we are just hanging on at times.

I said judge him at Christmas, well Christmas has come and gone, and we appear to have badly stalled. The time is now ready for someone else to come in and up the level and to get Rangers ready to play a better style of football. I think Ally will stay until the seasons end but I hope he is replaced shortly after that.

We should open up the job for all applicants as there is a lot of managers out there desperate to get back into the game. Someone who will bring back enthusiasm and have a history of football management. To the future manager, Rangers offer a real chance to manage in Europe with in 3 years, time to produce a winning team and I believe that they will have money to spend to do this.

I like Ally but Rangers need a winning manager and Ally has not shown that he can cut it with teams above the level of the league we have just won.