We need a Souness-type manager to get us through this.

Souness got success by buying big

Our next manager won't be able to do that

Disagree.

The season before he came we finished fifth , losing more games than we won . Most of those players involved made up the bulk of Souness 's first winning team. Within months of his arrival we sensed we would win the league for the first time in years. You should never underestimate the belief he gave these players - it was just as important as his signings.

Indeed yes agreed. Much talk of Davies, McInnes etc but in my mind we need someone who can seriously kick ass and smash down a few doors. Butcher's the man for the job. He's inherited what is possibly the worst team in the league at Hibs. He took a bunch of journeymen at ICT to the top of the league and since he left and Hughes took over they've gone into free fall. Get big Tell in, the man's a winner and will not accept any less than 100%

After we lost to Hamilton at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup in 1987, our next game was away to Hearts. I can still see Butcher sprinting on to the Tynecastle pitch for that game and the rest of the team fired up behind him. No idea what Souness must have said before that game, but it worked-we destroyed Hearts 5-2.

That's the kind of response I'm hoping for on Saturday but I'm not holding my breath.

Souness kicked off a new revolution at Ibrox. He didn't just change Rangers but, changed the whole of Scottish football. I don't think we should be looking to bring Souness back. However, we should look for a similar type of personality who can offer a radical change. That is why we need to take our time and find the right person. Trouble is that with the board issues I am not sure if it is achievable.