It's Time To Move On

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I know most teams fans go on about bad performances and how poor they think their football is but they don't have a clue.

I watch old highlights of us from the 90's and early 00's and I don't even feel like I'm watching the club I support :lol::anguish:

Can you imagine what Ally the player would be saying if he was leading the line in this team, 5 mins to get the forward while the other team all get back into position then he's presented with a high ball and nobody in support to knock it down to if he even wins it.

Ally McCoist is indeed a Rangers legend and hopefully will forever remain so, however, people must remember that legends do get sacked. JG undoubtedly a legend was a poor manager and was sacked.

Scot Symon another legend both as player and manager, who as manager won 6 league titles, 4 Scottish cups and 4 league cups was unceremoniously sacked.

Ally should be given an ultimatum walk or be sacked. If sacked then the club should terminate with cause and use all legal means possible to avoid paying compensation.

That's up to you.

Ally is just a poor manager, he's not a thief or up to anything sinister to get one over on us.

I can separate the man and manager, I'm sure others can too.

He is still a legend and I hope one day we have a role that better suits him and his strengths.

Which one wanted their wages concealed from the fans and the IPO ?

I hate to say it but even a ambassador or spokesman role might be pushing it now, feelings are as high as I've ever seen over Ally and i think a break from Rangers would do us and him good. Maybe one day he could become such a spokesman but if/when he walks/is sacked i think it would be best for all if he wasn't immediately given another job at Ibrox. This will have taken its toll on Ally and it would be good for him to have a break from football

Which one wanted their wages concealed from the fans and the IPO ?

Analysing Ally's managerial abilities is one thing but we do not go down the road of trying to alienate him from the Rangers support forever, he is still a hero to many and will remain a prominent figure in our history.

The fact some think his managerial prowess is sh1t does not mean we hate the man, so tread lightly with the innuendos.

Dont care right now what happens to him. He wont go hungry thats for sure.

Really just care about rangers and for that reason he needs to stop harming us and go.

Time is a healer, am sure after time we'll all get back to talking about ally the legend, the player, and erase this whole sorry episode from our memories.

Analysing Ally's managerial abilities is one thing but we do not go down the road of trying to alienate him from the Rangers support forever, he is still a hero to many and will remain a prominent figure in our history.

The fact some think his managerial prowess is sh1t does not mean we hate the man, so tread lightly with the innuendos.

You obviously are unable to discern between innuendo and a simple factual statement, the fact that you would rather cover up wagesgate (which is a matter of public record) is of course the free choice of your sensative nature. (tu)

You obviously are unable to discern between innuendo and a simple factual statement, the fact that you would rather cover up wagesgate (which is a matter of public record) is of course the free choice of your sensative nature. (tu)

Oh we could go down all the routes with 1p shares and his outrageous salary, or that of his backroom staff which we have before, in fact we could also go on about CG, MM, PM and many, many other things (all of which are kinda off topic).

The simple fact is that those things are in the past and Ally is our manager now. It is more important to us to get this sh1t sorted out on the field. That to us mere fans (IMHO) is more important than who knew their salary was obscene for the division we were in at the time but that is what was put on the table for him, would you have said no to the pay?

The Op was about the current day situation not what happened in the past, so let it be and discuss the situation we have now.

It might seem churlish to disagree about him getting some sort of role at the club, i've always said that in an ambassadorial role he'd probably be ideal.

But some of the things he's said and done especially lately leave a bad taste, I think he could do with at least a year or so way from the club completely to let the dust settle.

Ally McCoist is indeed a Rangers legend and hopefully will forever remain so, however, people must remember that legends do get sacked. JG undoubtedly a legend was a poor manager and was sacked.

Did John Greig not resign in the end?

Ally should definitely stay at Rangers in some capacity, just not manager. We need a fresh start with a new coaching staff. Get rid of some of the dead wood, and Ian Black.

He was a clone of Walter with the tactics that he used, but not the results that Walter achived in cup games.

The big difference between Ally and Walter is that Walter was a good manager when things were going wrong and Ally isn't.

Ally gets away with a lot when things are going right for us on the park, but when things go wrong then he hasn't a clue how to change things.

People will say that Walter had better players than Ally has and while that is true to a certain degree, it has to be pointed out that we now are playing against inferior teams with inferior players than what Walter was faced with.

Walter used tactics that worked because he had players in positions to cover up certain deficiences of others and at times he would alter the shape of the side to take advantage of a weakness in the opposition, while Ally has insisted on playing a formation and tactics that are completely static and can be read like a book by any decent manager.

Tie up our left side of attack and make our midfield hit long diagonal balls to Daly and we are toiling against a half decent side that keeps to the game plan.

Ally McCoist might make a good manager in the future,but it certainly looks unlikely he will do it with Rangers, unless he has a massive rethink how football should be played.

The stands were packed of bouncing singing bears who put all the bad memories of admin, poor performances and broken promises to the back of their minds and gave the team and manager the kind of backing only Rangers fans can. This was our first shot of silverware in the cups, one of many and potentially part of a historic treble in difficult circumstances.

We were ready, we waited 3 seasons for this! The next two weekends would show everyone the Rangers were on the rise and it should have been a warning to everyone watching.

What we got though was one of the most uninspiring, gutless and ultimately pathetic displays we have had this season in our biggest game of the season (till Saturday)! From the first whistle we could see there was no intensity or fight from our so called team yet the fans still stood and sang their hearts out trying hopelessly to get some kind of reaction from our over paid stars. This was like a home game, stands full of bears, our songs belting out yet there was nothing on the pitch to sing about! The fans kept it going till the last minute in extra time when the inevitable happened while our manager stood motionless, hands in his pockets looking at the ground.

We blew an opportunity to give us real confidence and belief for Saturday and the support are now on a massive downer, surely the manager and coaching staff would take action and grill their underachieving squad! That's what our past greats would have done right?

Wrong! Sunday night came along and while we were all getting busses, trains ect home or sitting in the house devastated our manager and team were having a wee party dressed up as some dinner evening....yeah disco lights and karaoke are part of the dinning out experience at Rangers apparently! A due reward for a day of battling and triumphant displays from the boys...well maybe Raith but not us!

What now for our squad and manager?

Saturday is a massive game for many reasons and Ally's last chance of trying to paper over his massive failings, the optimist in me says it's a cup game anything can happen but then the realist tells me if we can't get up for a cup final then what chance have we got against a far better outfit than ourselves? We will go regardless of course and sing our hearts out and revel in the atmosphere but if it's anything like Sunday then the team and McCoist will have nowhere to hide.

Regardless of result I want Ally to do the right thing and hand in his notice at the end of the season, if he loves rangers more than he loves his job then that's the only thing he can do. He's not a winner as a manager, he's not even a decent manager....he's a poor one who relies on having a huge advantage to get results and even then he makes a cock up of it!

Of course people will say it's not just Ally's fault, what about the players? Of course this is true but who brought in these so called Rangers? Who keeps playing them despite obvious lack of form and not being match fit? It all comes back to one man...the manager!

Rangers football club comes first and there will always be a place for Ally at this club like JG before him but it's clear now he has to go....sooner rather than later.

Excellant post GF

It might seem churlish to disagree about him getting some sort of role at the club, i've always said that in an ambassadorial role he'd probably be ideal.

But some of the things he's said and done especially lately leave a bad taste, I think he could do with at least a year or so way from the club completely to let the dust settle.

Agreed.

It seems though certain posters just can't use common sense when talking about him.

The big difference between Ally and Walter is that Walter was a good manager when things were going wrong and Ally isn't.

Ally gets away with a lot when things are going right for us on the park, but when things go wrong then he hasn't a clue how to change things.

People will say that Walter had better players than Ally has and while that is true to a certain degree, it has to be pointed out that we now are playing against inferior teams with inferior players than what Walter was faced with.

Walter used tactics that worked because he had players in positions to cover up certain deficiences of others and at times he would alter the shape of the side to take advantage of a weakness in the opposition, while Ally has insisted on playing a formation and tactics that are completely static and can be read like a book by any decent manager.

Tie up our left side of attack and make our midfield hit long diagonal balls to Daly and we are toiling against a half decent side that keeps to the game plan.

Ally McCoist might make a good manager in the future,but it certainly looks unlikely he will do it with Rangers, unless he has a massive rethink how football should be played.

a big difference for me was that i always trusted Walter - I always felt the team was in good hands with him - even when results or his style of play were not always brilliant. I dont feel that with Ally.