If we had a No.10 and/or a winger.

Muirheadbear

I though some of our build up play and passing was crisp and at a decent tempo. Black and Law showed up well in the middle of the park. Obviously the opposition wasn't brilliant but my point is pertinent to both tonight's game and last Saturday.

If we had, for example an Ian Durrant type in the middle of the park and a Sone Aluko type on either wing I think we would be more incisive and entertaining. I remember back to season 11/12 and the difference wee Aluko made to us. He was that type who got fans off their seats, committed and drew defenders towards and create space and chances for others.

Unfortunately these players don't grow on trees and usually (Aluko apart) cost money but either or both of these types would make a significant difference IMO.

We are not creative enough in the centre of midfield or the flanks. The service to our strikers is terrible. Im very rarely critical of Daly or on the odd occasion the person who plays beside him for this reason. However we have a manager who would have been a Rangers nobody if it wasn't for the service provided to him as a player,

We need someone who can hit the target, we've missed a few sitters , wonder if Ally's referring to Boyd or Miller when he said he's talking to a couple of players?

We need someone, anyone, who can simply shoot properly! Obviously Black's finish was pretty impressive but in general the technique our players have when getting a shot away is depressingly poor. They very rarely connect with the ball correctly, their stance is all wrong, they can't get over the ball, they very rarely hit the target and when they do, they don't get enough power behind the ball and it's like a pass back.

It amazes me that we have so few players who can hit a proper shot with the instep or with the laces. I don't expect Jorg Albertz but surely at this level you can have a decent shot on you! Templeton is probably the best when he gets it right but is too inconsistent.

We need someone, anyone, who can simply shoot properly! Obviously Black's finish was pretty impressive but in general the technique our players have when getting a shot away is depressingly poor. They very rarely connect with the ball correctly, their stance is all wrong, they can't get over the ball, they very rarely hit the target and when they do, they don't get enough power behind the ball and it's like a pass back.

It amazes me that we have so few players who can hit a proper shot with the instep or with the laces. I don't expect Jorg Albertz but surely at this level you can have a decent shot on you! Templeton is probably the best when he gets it right but is too inconsistent.

Aye it amazes me that Ally was a great striker yet IMO it's one of our weakest positions, technic wise

Aye it amazes me that Ally was a great striker yet IMO it's one of our weakest positions, technic wise

I'm sure it frustrates him more than anyone when he sees Daly and the likes completely unable to put a ball in the back of the net with open goals etc. He most likely knows he would have buried it.

Just my opinion but we need to start from the top down.

The players we have at the moment are very decent, Black, Wallace, Shiels, Aird, Smith, Foster....eh, I'm starting to struggle now, Clark, Templeton, Crawford, even Jig and Fuare are good proven footballers.

Throw in Law along with Bell and you have the nuclease of a very good team. Ally knows a good player when he sees one (just like your average fan).

What's wrong with us?

Just my opinion but we need to start from the top down.

The players we have at the moment are very decent, Black, Wallace, Shiels, Aird, Smith, Foster....eh, I'm starting to struggle now, Clark, Templeton, Crawford, even Jig and Fuare are good proven footballers.

Throw in Law along with Bell and you have the nuclease of a very good team. Ally knows a good player when he sees one (just like your average fan).

What's wrong with us?

Ally McCoist is what's wrong with us.

Ally McCoist is what's wrong with us.

I honestly don't think it's as simple as that.

Poor management, lack of training, lack of competitive matches, players not playing for the shirt but instead playing for the hefty wage packet...

There's a number of reasons our players have been woeful to watch and I don't think sacking McCoist would be a quick fix that would make every player start performing.

I'm definitely not saying McCoist shouldn't walk, but just pointing out that it's not the only problem.

Sone Aluko was also great at taking on players and getting past them, whereas we don't have a playmaker like that who can get round a defender on a consistent basis.

Templeton is the only one we have at the moment that can do that, and cause mayhem when in the mood, or more importantly, when fit and in the mood.

Sadly, we will have to do with what we have, and perhaps they will surprise us. Hopefully, next season, the teams we play will not be so defensively minded and this will allow us to be able to play a more open game, and see some football being played, and not the siege mentality we have had to endure in a lot of cases this season, last night being a perfect example of this anti-football tactic.

:7325:

I'm sure it frustrates him more than anyone when he sees Daly and the likes completely unable to put a ball in the back of the net with open goals etc. He most likely knows he would have buried it.

Yet he continues to pick him when he offers very little other than misses. Anyone know his recent assist/goal stats? I'd say it will be very poor reading since January.

It has been poor all season and hasn't improved, so we mustn't be practicing in training. Or if we are it just isn't working.