A Strange World

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Ramsdens Cup debacle was the final straw for a lot of people. I still think it remains to be seen whether or not he's the man for the long term but I'm now leaning towards pessimism rather than optimism.

Some of the criticism is ridiculous though and I will continue to back him - or, at least, the club in general - over. In particular, the charge of not giving youth a chance, trying to focus blame squarely on him for the financial state of the club, player regression and the horrific personal abuse and intemperate rhetoric he attracts.

That said, the Ramsdens Cup result is hard to defend, as is some of the team line-ups after the league was won. I think it's clear he'll still be here next season so I'll reconcile myself to that fact until such a time as his position become untenable.

The Ramsdens cup is the only game I have a real issue with this year, and ive been at them all. The footballs not great but playing against 11 men behind the ball isnt going to create an open game. Also, playing a bayern munich system with the likes of Daly, Shiels, etc is not going to work in the coming leagues. But Ally must know this, I just hope we can all get behind him when we kick off next season.

TravelingWilBEARy

Welcome back.

Bar-L Sentence served?

Disagreed with you more often than not, but always appreciated your posts.

Mostly just to confirm I disagreed with you and I was correct. :rolleyes:

Interesting your backing of Ally has diminished in your absence.

I think the Ramsdens Cup debacle was the final straw for a lot of people. I still think it remains to be seen whether or not he's the man for the long term but I'm now leaning towards pessimism rather than optimism.

Some of the criticism is ridiculous though and I will continue to back him - or, at least, the club in general - over. In particular, the charge of not giving youth a chance, trying to focus blame squarely on him for the financial state of the club, player regression and the horrific personal abuse and intemperate rhetoric he attracts.

That said, the Ramsdens Cup result is hard to defend, as are some of the team line-ups after the league was won. I think it's clear he'll still be here next season so I'll reconcile myself to that fact until such a time as his position become untenable.

Abducted by aliens. It's the only possible explanation!

Let me tell you a little story.

A football club plays 48 games in a season, it loses just 3 of them. The manager, a club legend, is abused by online forums who want him to be sacked.

Unthinkable really.

Only place in the world, we have fought tooth and nail as a club and are still fighting and all we get isabuse by our own supporters, crazy

TravelingWilBEARy

Welcome back.

Bar-L Sentence served?

Disagreed with you more often than not, but always appreciated your posts.

Mostly just to confirm I disagreed with you and I was correct. :rolleyes:

Interesting your backing of Ally has diminished in your absence.

I'm not sure it's diminished as I pretty consistently said that 'he was an average manager in charge of an average squad, it remains to be seen whether he will be good enough long term but, for the moment, he is meeting expectations'.

I expected us to win the League and the Ramsdens this season and we didn't. The final was a gutless performance from the players and a game for which the manager has to take the majority of the blame.

I'm just worried for the future like everyone else. I'm not so sure McCoist is cut out for management.

I'm not sure it's diminished as I pretty consistently said that 'he was an average manager in charge of an average squad, it remains to be seen whether he will be good enough long term but, for the moment, he is meeting expectations'.

I expected us to win the League and the Ramsdens this season and we didn't. The final was a gutless performance from the players and a game for which the manager has to take the majority of the blame.

I'm just worried for the future like everyone else. I'm not so sure McCoist is cut out for management.

We'll blow me down, he's back!

Is that you Ally

That said, the Ramsdens Cup result is hard to defend, as are some of the team line-ups after the league was won. I think it's clear he'll still be here next season so I'll reconcile myself to that fact until such a time as his position become untenable.

Welcome back ye turd (tu)

Only because he was a legend as a player.

The guys lost 3 games this year. We scored a shitload of goals but unfortunately tailed off towards the end of the season, it happens, no need for the stick he's taken on forums.

Ive said it already but i really hope we can all get behind him and the team for the start of the season.

The guys lost 3 games this year. We scored a shitload of goals but unfortunately tailed off towards the end of the season, it happens, no need for the stick he's taken on forums.

Ive said it already but i really hope we can all get behind him and the team for the start of the season.

His failures have been covered many times on here so I'm not going to cover old ground and I don't have all night.

But I hope he fucks off as soon as possible and take his jobs for the boys staff with him.

I genuinely would like to see Ally make everyone eat their words, and turn out to be a top manager....and genuinely thought he would for a long time.

The final half of this season was pretty eye opening, and the ramsdens was unforgivable.