So... Season 2014/2015..

Coleyman

I'll say at the outset here that I'm a Heart of Midlothian supporter. I've already stated this in my love for a former HMFC and Rangers player who had a massive impact on my life as I'm sure he did for a lot of yourselves :

http://forum.rangers...pic=268445&st=0

There is nothing I can do to prove this but I can honestly say that I'm not here on the wind up. I love football and I'm interested in peoples opinions and especially on the opinions of footballs fans of other teams.

Today on Off the Ball radio show a Rangers fan phoned up stating that he honestly thought Hearts would win the Championship next season, as he has not been impressed by the standard of football at Ibrox this season. He further stated (and I quote) that he felt the only reason that Rangers have found it fairly easy so far is because they have been playing part time teams.

Obviously this is not going to be the case next season.

Regardless of what you might think of this flea bitten radio show, it's a good point for debate, and I'd like get the gist of the Rangers fans mindset on what they are realisticly expecting next season. I've no doubt that you expect to get promoted (and rightly so). Do you think Rangers will do it at a canter?

If this generates any interest then I'll give my own opinion. I just wanted to make sure that this post would be welcome here first. I realise that you probably get a lot of zoomers and WUM's posting. I can asure you that I like to think of myself as not one of them.

If I'm not welcome here then I completely understand.

Cheers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Rangers supporters we have been use to watching our team battle for the Scottish premiership year after year. As such our players had to raise and maintain standards game after game to ensure our success. For the last two years we've been in alien conditions. Our success has been a gimme and as such the players don't have that pressure to continually raise their efforts week after week. The management has been criticised for this but unfortunately it is just human nature to do enough to be better than those around you.

We have done enough just to ensure that success. When just enough does not guarentee that success is when you see the true character and commitment of the team. When they need to go above the acceptable and reach for more to ensure our goals is what past Rangers teams have done.

I have no worries that amongst a better standard of opponent week after week we will again show that hunger and desire to be better than not just the rest but better than the best.

This is a journey that is not even halfway done.

I think it will be a race between Rangers & Hearts for the title. I am confident though that Rangers will do enough but it certainly won't be easy. The four Rangers v Hearts fixtures will be crucial as I think Rangers and Hearts are more than capable enough to beat any Championship team week in and out. Will I think it will be won at a canter? No.

As Rangers supporters we have been use to watching our team battle for the Scottish premiership year after year. As such our players had to raise and maintain standards game after game to ensure our success. For the last two years we've been in alien conditions. Our success has been a gimme and as such the players don't have that pressure to continually raise their efforts week after week. The management has been criticised for this but unfortunately it is just human nature to do enough to be better than those around you.

We have done enough just to ensure that success. When just enough does not guarentee that success is when you see the true character and commitment of the team. When they need to go above the acceptable and reach for more to ensure our goals is what past Rangers teams have done.

I have no worries that amongst a better standard of opponent week after week we will again show that hunger and desire to be better than not just the rest but better than the best.

This is a journey that is not even halfway done.

I genuinely admire your optimism, it is something I wish I could muster. But how can you still hold this point of view after seeing the results against Albion Rovers in the SC and Raith Rovers in the Ramsdens cup final? The latter blew my own defence of Ally out of the water, finally demonstrating that the poor play was not just as a result of meaningless matches that were foregone conclusions. Unless something changes dramatically from the last two seasons, we are going to have a serious fight on our hands to win the championship

Expect Rangers to win the league and Hearts to win the playoff to come up with us, Expect Rangers to beat Hearts 4 times next season And Hearts to drop more points than Rangers against the other clubs, so win by 12 points

Given the potential teams in the league, and how shite our manager is I think we will be sitting 3rd/4th by Christmas and Ally will get the sack..,

Rangers

Hibs or Hamilton

Hearts

Falkirk

Queen of the South

Dumbarton

Livingston

Raith Rovers

Alloa

Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline

We lost ti RR because of a host of reasons that would otherwise not exist in the league.

We drew to AR from sheer bad luck (30 shots, 26 on target)

Our squad, our support, our tradition and overall our resources should see us win it. If not then questions would be asked of us, not Hearts.

I don't think Hearts WON'T go up...bit I think it'd be via the playoffs.

Lastly, given that you are now comparing an Premiership team to a to-be 1st Div team, you need to be realistic. Your club will be running on a £1m budget with Direct Debits. Season Tickets included I would guess that your squad strength would remain very similar to now, minus potential out of contracts.

To summarise..... I simply can't imagine a team with about one 3rd of the resources as Rangers, with an entire team to build from youth, can go a whole season keeping pace.

I do look forward to our games however and look forward to our trips to Tynecastle.

We lost ti RR because of a host of reasons that would otherwise not exist in the league.

We drew to AR from sheer bad luck (30 shots, 26 on target)

Our squad, our support, our tradition and overall our resources should see us win it. If not then questions would be asked of us, not Hearts.

I don't think Hearts WON'T go up...bit I think it'd be via the playoffs.

Lastly, given that you are now comparing an Premiership team to a to-be 1st Div team, you need to be realistic. Your club will be running on a £1m budget with Direct Debits. Season Tickets included I would guess that your squad strength would remain very similar to now, minus potential out of contracts.

To summarise..... I simply can't imagine a team with about one 3rd of the resources as Rangers, with an entire team to build from youth, can go a whole season keeping pace.

I do look forward to our games however and look forward to our trips to Tynecastle.

You underestimate how bad mccoist is

If Hibs come down with Hearts, that'll make it easier for us to win the league, because I believe that Hibs will take points off Hearts in the Edinburgh derby games.

What makes you say that, I believe I'm right in saying Hibs have only beaten hearts once in the last few seasons?

It's between us and hertz

They should top the league as Rangers have been playing shit fitbaw under McCoist.

I think personality it depends on wether McCoist opens up and gets Rangers playing better.

Based on the past Two seasons then hers should win it remember they only went down because of points deduction and had a decent run.

However of Rangers can tighten up at the back and attack more then we can win it.

It's really to tight to call.

If we get rid of all the dead wood, and I don't need to name names, we all know the shite I'm meaning, and sign a good pacey right back, a decent tall strong centre back or two, a fast pacey right winger with a decent bit of skill, a striker or two with an aye for goal and bit of pace, and maybe another attacking midfielder. Then providing we actually get the ball on the deck and attack, we will horse the league. Sadly I can see McCoist signing another Jon Daly and Ricky Foster.

It's also important we manage to keep Templeton fit, otherwise we might aswell sign another left sided winger.