Carlos Cuellar wants to return to Ibrox?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, they use us as a stepping stone to the Premiership, Jelavic, Carlos, Arteta, etc, fair enough, but do we have to let them use us as a retirement plan as well?

Take the same money and invest in our own future and the future of our own young talent.

Agree but with our current set up we're incapable of coaching our youth succesfully

The main point is he would improve our defence, so if a deal (much lower wages prob plus a release clause) he would be a very good signing. But I just don't see him dropping from epl to Scottish championship, reputation is very important to pro footballers.

Seems unlikely, am sure many other teams, starting with the English championship, then mid table Spanish teams would be interested and pay a decent wage.

If he's keen on us then all his agent's got to do is get in touch and negotiate a one year deal with options.

I'm not holding my breath on this one, but I'm sure Carlos will have instructed his agent to do this if he is that keen to play for us. :pipe:

Bring the big man home. Guaranteed promotion if we bring the likes of Cuellar, Bougerra and Boyd back and should be good enough to get 2nd spot in the SPHell or whatever you want to call it now to qualify for Europe.

Boyd Miller now Cuellar...if that what it takes us toward our rightful place then I wouldn;t argue with that.

It'll be all different in a couple years time...of that there is no doubt

the thing with boyd and miller, you could argue that there are cheaper options that would do what they can do (boyd not as much given his goalscoring prowess, but miller aye)

cuellar however is a storming centre half, nothing in scotland would come close to his ability

Was outstanding first time around but that was 6 years ago.

Can't remember the last time I saw him playing down south.

We need a CB but would rather we went for the young lad at Motherwell than the need to be linked with ex players all the time.

Rear view Rangers again. Why for some fans is our only way forward through signing former Rangers players most with no resale value.

Why can't we identify players with potential get them signed and make a profit when we sell them on.

Seems more logical than wasting more money on players who 'did us a turn' in days gone bye.

He'll be on around £40K per-week, plus mad bonuses. It just isn't realistic. I know he's out of contract soon, but he'll be able to rake-in millions more elsewhere from us, including a return to Spain.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take him back in a heart beat, but the likes of Boyd and Scott Allan are more realistic targets.

Cuéllar is one of my favourite ever Rangers players. His performances and that season as a whole went hand-in-hand; outstanding.

I still remember hearing hearing that he was leaving, like it was yesterday. I was building a fence for a relative, it was a sunny day and we were playing Raith in Kirkcaldy in a pre-season friendly. I had the radio on, listening to it and Cuéllar didn't play because on an "injury", but the commentator said he was en route to Birmingham to sign for Villa. I was genuinely gutted.

A note, though, is that Bougherra arrived and rid me/us of all defensive concerns... for a solid three year period. The perfect replacement.

Cuellar wants return to Rangers

FORMER Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar is reportedly keen to return to Ibrox “sooner rather than later”..

Cuellar, currently a free agent after leaving Sunderland, told The Sun: “One of my main targets... is to get back to Rangers as soon as possible. The club is in my heart.

“I feel I owe something to the Rangers supporters because I left after only one season. The year I did spend there was the best of my professional career.” (Sun)

Come on home King Carlos. <3