Excellent from Murray and massive final for both players on Sunday with a lot on the line.

Two people in history have done the Golden Career Slam (Agassi and Nadal). A win for either player on Sunday will leave them one tournament away from being third! Would love if Murray could achieve that!

2 minutes ago, voltago said:

Excellent from Murray and massive final for both players on Sunday with a lot on the line.

Two people in history have done the Golden Career Slam (Agassi and Nadal). A win for either player on Sunday will leave them one tournament away from being third! Would love if Murray could achieve that!

The French is the only slam Novak hasn't won !

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The French is the only slam Novak hasn't won !

Djokovic would still need the Olympic Gold Medal for a Golden Career Slam though.

Murray has that but not the Australian!

3 minutes ago, voltago said:

Djokovic would still need the Olympic Gold Medal for a Golden Career Slam though.

Murray has that but not the Australian!

Forgot about the olympics ! Is Djokovic playing at it this year am sure I seen something that some players were not bothering with it.

5 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Forgot about the olympics ! Is Djokovic playing at it this year am sure I seen something that some players were not bothering with it.

I remember around the start of the year reading that Djokovic said Olympics was his priority followed by the French.

Having said that I think a few players have concerns over whether to play due to the Zika virus.

Andy's serve has been much improved since the Australian Open. It's superb and is winning him games. Also amazing how improved he has become on clay over the last three years. Who'd have thought he would get to the final of the French and have a fighting chance of winning it?

Clay is actually quickly becoming a better surface for Andy than the Hard Courts.

He's got a fantastic opportunity to win tomorrow and if he does it...he'll only need the Aus Open for that Golden Slam and Novak would be left needing the Olympic Gold and the French ;) 

23 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Have a feeling Andy is doing this, about time Andy stopped Novak winning something.

Tenth slam final for Andy, up there with the greats of the game.

Three grand slam titles, if he wins, doesn't get him anywhere near the greats of the game. Let's not kid ourselves on, here.

On 6/3/2016 at 10:26 AM, ex-guardsman said:

On 6/3/2016 at 10:26 AM, ex-guardsman said:

Novak is a fucking machine his fitness is unreal.

I've been watching the best tennis players for a long time now and i've never seen anyone come close to the endurance Novak demonstrates on a regular basis under immense pressure - even Borg.

Our fitness was excellent this year but i still think Warbs would do well to check out Novak's training regime.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

Three grand slam titles, if he wins, doesn't get him anywhere near the greats of the game. Let's not kid ourselves on, here.

Ten slam finals is extraordinary and puts him up with many greats of the game. Andy is very unlucky to have played in direct competition to three of the very best. Agree to disagree.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:56 PM, don logan said:

Andy's serve has been much improved since the Australian Open. It's superb and is winning him games. Also amazing how improved he has become on clay over the last three years. Who'd have thought he would get to the final of the French and have a fighting chance of winning it?

Andy has had all the weapons necessary for a long time now to dominate. 

The reason he hasn't is because of what's going on inside his head at critical junctures in critical matches during his career.

And this, unfortunately for him, is a direct consequence of being a hivs fan. 

It's in the dna of the hivs.

Good luck to him regardless of his genetic shortcomings.

I'd love to see Murray win it and break the smug Serbian's dream, especially after all the anguish Novak has caused Andy at the Australian Open.

Unfortunately I just can't see past the cunt winning it, he underestimated Stan last year, though all he had to do was turn up. Also, I don't think anything could be more crushing for him than last year's defeat and he bounced back, so I think there's less pressure on him this year. I think he's much more prepared than last year, and unless somehow the pressure gets too much for him I can't see Andy winning. At this point I do think Novak has a mental hoodoo over Andy similar maybe to how Federer had one over Roddick, in the slams, Murray can't seem to get it done against him, he has to be aggressive, but since Lendl left he's struggled to maintain that level of aggression against Novak, he makes errors then suddenly goes back to his defensive shell. He needs to accept that he will make errors if he wants to win this match.

Either way, I'll stick a fuckton of money on Novak so at least he'll win me something.

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Djokovic didn't underestimate Wawrinka at all. Absurd claim. Was only a few months earlier Wawrinka troubled him at Australian open which went to five sets. Djokovic also won the opening set last year. Wawrinka just started to hit numerous brilliant shots and deserved the win, nobody would have coped with him in that form.

Maybe underestimate was the wrong word, but surely after beating Nadal and Murray to get to the final there must have been an element of thinking the final would be an easier match in Novak's mind. Stan had only ever got past the 4th round at Roland Garros once before.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Surely someone as committed as Djokovic who's desperate to win the French Open and after losing two previous finals at the event, not to mention upsets to the likes of Nishikori in slams not long before would be fully prepared no matter who the opponent is? It's a slam final after all and In my view it's not in his nature to think like that. Stan was just exceptional after the first set, I never seen that coming from him after losing the first set.

In regards to today, I honestly have no idea what to expect. Murray's serving has been brilliant recently as someone mentioned above, whilst Djokovic's has been below his normal standards and he's been broken often. I think this is much closer than the bookies suggest, with Djokovic only 1/3. Could go the distance, hopefully a great match with the two best players in the world and no doubt will be physical.

To be fair to the bookies they've actually priced this closer than recent matches :P  Although I still think the odds should be closer than they are. 

I'm looking forward to the final today, could be really close.