Ally Sad To See Charlie Go

I swear some people on here subconsciously want us to turn into Dundee United. We should sign players to improve the 1st team and it should be a progression as we move up the leagues, what we shouldn't be doing is passing on signing a player who will improve the team in case it means some young player who may or may not fulfill their potential will get less of a chance.

Sounds like a plan. Lets tell Ally and he can start doing it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoist has probably given more youngsters a chance in the first team than any Rangers manager in history - certainly more than any previous Rangers manager I can recall; although I will concede a good portion was by accident and necessity rather than design.

People are clamoring for players they haven't really seen play, have no idea if they would be able to contribute effectively to the team but cling to the assumption that they are young so therefore they must be good, and have some divine right to walk into the team.

From my own personal perspective, I'd have liked to have seen these players so we could see if theyre good enough or not.

Yes Ally sees them.in training but this is a fairly successful group of youngsters and if at any point in our history they could've had game time it would be now, the team was crying out for freshening up during the 2nd half of the season.

As you've said a lot of the younger players have kind of "fallen" in to the team, if it hadn't been for circumstance then developing youth would've been virtually non existent.

I've no idea what to say to that, like I said, I can only judge by what I've seen, he looked a tidy midfielder, good on the ball to me compared to others in that midfield at the time.

As for Telfer, most people couldn't pick him out of a line up because the poor bastard never got played in the first team, time will tell if it was a mistake to let him go, I've never seen him play so I've no idea what kind of player he was, but my gripe isn't that he wasn't played, my gripe is that we are even discussing this lad, Ally can say all he wants that young lads get a chance at Ibrox, that's simply not true, Macleod and Aird had a fair crack at the whip, but Macleod was punted out wide to get his chance, Luca, Hackett, Telfer, Murdoch, etc will never get the chance to play as they've got to wait until one of the undropables get an injury, and even then, peralta, faure, shiels and even Aird will get the opportunity to play centrally before these guys. Why is that? Daft, completely daft (tu)

Some young lads do get their chance - you just listed two examples - some don't. Such is life at a team like Rangers who have to win every game.

Some young lads do get their chance - you just listed two examples - some don't. Such is life at a team like Rangers who have to win every game.

I understand that (tu) but for a manager who supposedly sees us as a Porto or Ajax, two youth team players hardly makes Murray Park worthwhile. All of that isn't down to Ally of course .... But he has to take the flak from the critics.

I very rarely post, kept away for the majority of the year in the hope I'd see improvement within our club, I hate to say I can't, boardroom and playing/management staff haven't improved at all. Ally is superb, I don't have any qualms believing he's trying his best, his credentials as a bear are unrivalled, unfortunately, in my eyes, Ally hasn't managed to live up to the hype and demands of management. Does that make him less of a rangers fan? It doesn't (tu)

He'd make it so much easier for himself if the fans saw improvement and a style of play that let the younger ones develop, we wouldn't mind the odd defeat if things were moving in the right direction, he's put himself in a corner with his signings, no room for error with seasoned pros, we need to win with the wages we're paying. Winning has took priority over style and substance, when, realistically, they aren't mutually exclusive (tu)