Luis Suarez

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haaland played again the next week. Keane didn't end his career.

"Alfie haaland" , "rather that than a leg breaker" ,"English media" , "he's a lovely bloke , misunderstood" , "the camera angle is inconclusive " , "can't believe the over reaction" , "it was an attempted headbutt" they're all fairly standard and well practised defences of the bloke.

I can imagine if 'fighting for my life' circumstances where as you say exactly that, where you'd try and get free but for that to be your 'go to' manoeuvre especially when your not in a confrontation is something I just can't get my head around.

Exactly! It's utterly baffling.

I'm 90% sure he will get domestic ban too after listening to the experts on the radio this morning.

Would be horrendous for Liverpool.

Dance with the devil and you might just get burned.

They signed him knowing the risks. He did it again. They could have sold him, but they didn't. So they have left themselves open to that consequence.

He has let them down dreadfully.

Had he been a Rangers player, there would no doubt be calls to have the Club punished for his crimes on international duty. No such suggestion has been made at this point for Liverpool, but if it was our player, you can be almost certain the Club would be targeted for this crime not committed under Club jurisdiction.

I assumed that was the implication, since you brought up Alfie Haaland rather than any number of players who actually got badly injured from a bad tackle.

I brought up Haaland because we now know it was a planned, pre-meditated assault.

Suarez is an utter scumbag for biting players and deserves a ban but was making the point that if I was playing I would prefer that to some bumper coming in trying to do me on the knee. Not that it's much of a choice of course.

I was being a little facetious and find it as bizarre and odious as most others. However, in his defence, why is biting so abhorred? Is it any worse than punching someone or sticking the head on them? Was there a clamour to ban Zidane for two years? Shouldn't it be treated equally, assaulting someone with teeth, hands, head, feet etc???

I was being a little facetious and find it as bizarre and odious as most others. However, in his defence, why is biting so abhorred? Is it any worse than punching someone or sticking the head on them? Was there a clamour to ban Zidane for two years? Shouldn't it be treated equally, assaulting someone with teeth, hands, head, feet etc???

As others have already posted, infection and disease can be transmitted by a bite.

To me, Suarez has had his warnings - twice. A 7 game ban and a 10 game ban has not stopped him doing this again.

It is one of the lowest acts you can do on the pitch, IMO. It is cowardly, childlike, dangerous and cannot he cannot be allowed to get away with it again.

A Sine Die ban for me is the only answer. Chuck him & these antics out of the game.

I think it's more because it's just a horrible act. If you think about it 'spitting' could be described as even less serious it doesn't mean it's not vile . I think it just goes against what we expect from footballers . Like I & others have said most of us can imagine a situation where we lose our rag and hit someone but biting someone ?

Couldnt agree more. Well put.

To be honest I think Suarez bit someone yesterday because at the time his team were going out of the World Cup and he couldn't handle it,he's now proven if you keep giving him chances he just going to do it again so Fifa I think should give him whatever the maximum ban is.

No. It shouldn't be treated equally.

There are all sorts of degree and type of assault.

Nobody is really mentioning that the Italian in response took an almost reflexive elbow swipe at Suarez. That's because it was a reaction to the bite and understandable, but normally an elbow to the face is considered an offence in the game.

Fucked it for himself. Probably thought the World Cup was over for him and his teammates so threw his toys out the pram and bit Chiellini.

Probably absolutely gutted with himself when Godin scored to keep them in it and now embarrassing himself by denying it in a desperate attempt to avoid a ban.

It's a ridiculous thing to do on a football pitch, as is spitting, but the worst? Sine die? I bet Ian Durrant had rather Neil Simpson had bit him or spat on him than destroyed his knee.

When you have already been banned twice for it with a racism ban also thrown in then yes he should be banned from Football.

Guys an utter scum bag who will just keep doing these things as bans, fines ect don't work.