Recent picture of Ibrox

G.E.C.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they not build the houses in the mid 90's when they pulled down Springfield rd area? And again where? They upgraded Tollcross swimming pool also again where else in the east end have they upgraded?

Carmyle,? Sandy Hills?, bud hill?, Easterhouse?, gathamlock?

The truth being told the pulled down better houses than they out up,

have you seen the village? The people who lived there should have been moved back in, no sales but all council houses,

And the way the bullied that poor women out her house was a disgrace and should never have been allowed to happen.

Our council and councillors like Archie Graham the husband of labour Leader Joann Lamont and his cronies are very celtic orientated.

You believe their propaganda about the east end, because that all it is.

But I and others have more sense and will make sure everything is investigated once these games are over.

The east end does not finish at Celtic park the last time I looked.

Right, by that logic, unless you can do everything, you should do nothing. Utter rubbish.

And anyway, the benefit is to the whole of Glasgow, as if any part of Glasgow can be improved, it affects the rest.

You are talking utter rubbish also about the houses brought down and those put up. They are high quality and VASTLY outnumber those brought down.

You are fixated on sellic so much that it clouds everything you see in the East.

And all this comes at a cost of nearly 600 million.

They could have flattened and rebuilt the whole of the eastend for that amount of money.

It I a disgrace the money spent on these games as it could have been done a lot cheaper with Hampden opening and closing games.

There was a big bit of land near polmadie which has houses on it now that the village could have been built on.

Could have saved 10's of millions doing this and pumped the money saved into the east end and not Celtic plc.

These games leave a sour taste because of the crooked labour, celtic orientated people who are running the show.

Why did we not get the school across from us knocked down?

Where is our walk way with a big R.F.C or something to commentate the games and the queen?

That walkway should never have been allowed to have a Celtic crest on it, it was paid for by us not celtic so it should have had something down regarding the queen.

Why did they not put the queen on the walkway? Why a Celtic crest?

Well I think we all know the answer to that one,

Shut during ww2 for singing nazi songs,

ban the poppy brigade,

celebrated the death of Lord mount Baton,

Boo God save the queen,

Support the I.R.A, and glorify their killings,

Anti the British army,

And they would love nothing more than to break up the union,

And what do our council do?

Behind the Copland, govan, and broomland should have been mono blocked like Celtic park as more visitors will attend Ibrox over the games than Celtic park,

Why was this not done?

:lol: As if to prove my point. What a scattergun of bitterness.

The only things I agree with are the sellic way and the lack of aesthetic improvements around Ibrox. The rest of your rant has been answered in my previous posts.

600M for the entire East End? East End not benefiting, only sellic? :lol:

I'm glad others are more considered because if we went at the problem of state aid like you do it would be too easy to dismiss us as omni-bitter nutters.

Right, by that logic, unless you can do everything, you should do nothing. Utter rubbish.

And anyway, the benefit is to the whole of Glasgow, as if any part of Glasgow can be improved, it affects the rest.

You are talking utter rubbish also about the houses brought down and those put up. They are high quality and VASTLY outnumber those brought down.

You are fixated on sellic so much that it clouds everything you see in the East.

:lol: As if to prove my point. What a scattergun of bitterness.

The only things I agree with are the sellic way and the lack of aesthetic improvements around Ibrox. The rest of your rant has been answered in my previous posts.

600M for the entire East End? East End not benefiting, only sellic? :lol:

I'm glad others are more considered because if we went at the problem of state aid like you do it would be too easy to dismiss us as omni-bitter nutters.

Just a quick few questions, as I know where my thoughts on the subject are.

You seem to know a lot about where money was spent, so.

How much was spent on a private companies property for an hour of the opening ceremony? How does this money benefit the population of Glasgow, or indeed anyone in the east end of the city?

When we look back at the "legacy", who do you think would have benefited most financially? Sorry, don't need to answer that one............. It certainly won't be people living in the east end of Glasgow!

Just a quick few questions, as I know where my thoughts on the subject are.

You seem to know a lot about where money was spent, so.

How much was spent on a private companies property for an hour of the opening ceremony? How does this money benefit the population of Glasgow, or indeed anyone in the east end of the city?

Don't know. You know how the population of Glasgow benefits. It's been pointed out.

When we look back at the "legacy", who do you think would have benefited most financially? Sorry, don't need to answer that one............. It certainly won't be people living in the east end of Glasgow!

Financially? Don't know. People in the East benefit hugely, as described previously.

28inmmh.jpg

I'd just like to add that even with big funny goal posts, the stadium still looks a million times better than the other two being used for commonwealth duties.

Hampden and the piggery are both embarrassing eyesores, especially when they show the helicopter shots, mortified that these shots are going around the world.

Not getting shirty here, but I read your answers to my questions as "don't know". That's what I expected. It's a good job other people do, and are acting on the information gained despite numerous attempts to stop them.

Not getting shirty here, but I read your answers to my questions as "don't know". That's what I expected. It's a good job other people do, and are acting on the information gained despite numerous attempts to stop them.

Did you, aye?

I assume you are talking about sellic. I've never hid my displeasure at that. You seem to be struggling to read what I've written about the whole thing and are, as seems to happen so often, deciding that if I back the games in general as a positive thing, I think the benefits reaped by sellic are also a good thing.

I'll clear up (again). I don't have any problem with most of it. Most of it is a huge benefit. The specific stuff about sellic, which some are tenaciously following up, I think is disgusting.

Still failing to understand that some bad things do not mean it is all bad or that the event should not have happened. I repeat. The CG is benefiting the city as stated.