Recent picture of Ibrox

G.E.C.

this is a fucking shambles we should receive a rental fee, the money to lay a new park and compensation for loss of earnings in the superstore and from tours etc.

I am guessing there will be losses in the store since the last time i was there it had no disability access due to works and you couldn't get near with the car and foot traffic was diverted away where possible. Saying that its more like sports direct should get compensated.

Who the feck negotiates these sort of things for us, liewell?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic! Someone has gone a long way to screw up our pitch.

If they have the swimming in Edinborg why not the rugby. No rugby parks in Glasgow... there will only be small crowds at this.

Does Firhill not have Glasgow rugby played there. Do Partick play over large concrete blocks?

Pathetic! Someone has gone a long way to screw up our pitch.

If they have the swimming in Edinborg why not the rugby. No rugby parks in Glasgow... there will only be small crowds at this.

Does Firhill not have Glasgow rugby played there. Do Partick play over large concrete blocks?

The vast majority of tickets have been sold.

The pitch is not screwed up.

The concrete blocks will make no difference.

Firhill is too small.

It's Glasgow's games. Fuck taking it to Edinburgh.

Firhill is too small.

What was wrong with the Glasgow warriors ground...????

Firhill is too small.

Not suggesting taking it to edinburgh as you make out just that edinburgh has more rugby clubs with rugby shaped pitches - edinburgh and dundee are hosting events as it is anyway. Just pointing out Firhill WOULD HAVE (yes tickets sold aye ok) better as it has a record of hosting rugby more than us. they had a few 2000 rugby world cup games there - not considered too small and is i believe IN Glasgow. The local council somewhere in the north said the eventing of an agricultural show on the local pitch would not screw up said pitch - it as out of action for three years - NEVER quite the same after it was fiddled with - the team mooved to a new ground. If you are fine with Ibrox being tampered with then we disagree. Enjoy the rugby.

What was wrong with the Glasgow warriors ground...????

Too wee. Scotstoun? Way too wee. I'm looking forward to going to Ibrox to see it.

Firhill is too small.

its an excuse to gift the filth

that is all it ever has been about

Not suggesting taking it to edinburgh as you make out just that edinburgh has more rugby clubs with rugby shaped pitches - edinburgh and dundee are hosting events as it is anyway. Just pointing out Firhill WOULD HAVE (yes tickets sold aye ok) better as it has a record of hosting rugby more than us. they had a few 2000 rugby world cup games there - not considered too small and is i believe IN Glasgow. The local council somehere said the eventing of an agricultural show on the local pitch would not screw up said pitch - it as out of action for three years - NEVER quite the same after it was fiddled with - the team mooved to a new ground. If you are fine with Ibrox being tampered with then we disagree. Enjoy the rugby.

I will! Cannae wait! Gers top on for it too!

Hope to meet a fair few foreign visitors and tell them a bit of the mighty Gers!

its an excuse to gift the filth

that is all it ever has been about

What is? Giving Ibrox the rugby? Nah, good choice. I think we have to separate some of the nonsense that's going on in relation to the CG, sellic and the council from the fact that the CG coming to Glasgow and Ibrox being involved is a good thing.

I agree the improvements at mhankville are outrageous and the opening ceremony being there makes little sense.

(tu) spread the message.

Not a big fan of the sport myself - nobody here in the north plays it.

Me neither. It's OK I suppose, but I'm just going for the spectacle.

guys can you clear something up here, seeing that pic has reminded me of something I hopefully have picked up incorrectly I know the filth are getting a free 1.6m new pitch on the basis that they are playing rugby, our pitch, I presume that we are also getting a new pitch at the same cost for some reason I seem to think we are not getting the pitch replaced but surely I am mistaken on this? anyone shed any light?

Surely you jest Host ?

After all the Bheasts at the Paedodome are not having any games on their pitch.

Our pitch is being used for games and theirs is not, so surely we should be receiving the financial recompense?

Can't remember where I read it but pretty sure we do not get any money to redo the pitch, the club will have to pay for it if I recall correctly.

the club must be making money, or they wouldn't agree to pay for a new pitch. Its going to be tight getting a new pitch 100 percent ready, in such a short space of time between the games finishing, and the season starting.but then again, im no a groundsman.

the club must be making money, or they wouldn't agree to pay for a new pitch. Its going to be tight getting a new pitch 100 percent ready, in such a short space of time between the games finishing, and the season starting.but then again, im no a groundsman.

Are you a baldy fitness coach?