Nick Davies of the guardian

Gooseman

If the private eye dude writes an article about it and it gets picked up by the mainstream media then excellent. But if not we've not lost anything in trying. The worst he can say is that he's not interested. We have to be proactive in highlighting this to the press out side Scotland.

I totally admire your efforts mate but I think the guy is just given you a body swerve or taking the cunt with the PE stuff .I would go as far to say he is a total prick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally admire your efforts mate but I think the guy is just given you a body swerve or taking the cunt with the PE stuff .I would go as far to say he is a total prick

That might be the case, but you can't win a raffle if you don't buy a ticket.

The problem we have is that because of what happened to us and the situation we find ourselves in people will think its just somekind of bitter attempt to get some revenge on the tarriers. If everything had been going along swimmingly and we were winning titles ect like back in the good old days and we had raised the issue of "state aid" at that point, then people would have listened. Unfortuantely now it looks like we are seeking some kind of payback and retribution due of the indignity of liquidation and of the embarrassment of witnessing a prestigious club like Rangers playing in the Third Division.

We know this is not the case, but for the outsider looking in, its all too easy for them to write it off as nothing but bitterness and jealousy.

:shifty:

Bit off topic but has anyone mentioned it on Snyde ? I know there reaction would be to sweep it under carpet but look how many called up during the tax case fiasco

They basically said they couldn't comment because they are not experts and then read a statement from Celtic saying "we didnae do it" and that's was the matter closed, you know, the same as they couldn't discuss our tax case and just accepted our statement on it

most of the Mps in Glasgow are rancid beggars

That may be the case but they have a duty to listen to concerns raised by any of their constituents and, if legitimate, try and get resolution or at least answers on these concerns. Providing the concerns raised are sensible and have some basis, and they have been raised in a reasonable and courteous manner, there is a reasonable obligation on the MP to take the matter further. If they don't and the shit hits the fan, they are leaving themselves open to public criticism for their inaction.

The problem we have is that because of what happened to us and the situation we find ourselves in people will think its just somekind of bitter attempt to get some revenge on the tarriers. If everything had been going along swimmingly and we were winning titles ect like back in the good old days and we had raised the issue of "state aid" at that point, then people would have listened. Unfortuantely now it looks like we are seeking some kind of payback and retribution due of the indignity of liquidation and of the embarrassment of witnessing a prestigious club like Rangers playing in the Third Division.

We know this is not the case, but for the outsider looking in, its all too easy for them to write it off as nothing but bitterness and jealousy.

Do we though?

iang2911 - "I saw john mason willing to discuss the subject of London rd school last night with pzj and others. It turned in to a bit of a farce with off topic points being added in and then people rounding on him.

Surely if we have the opportunity to have dialogue with an mp/msp willing to discuss these matters we should treat him with respect and at least try to foster a working relationship that could get this highlighted higher up.

He seemed willing to do this at one point and I suggested pzj sending him all the info but then the slagging started. I don't really think this kind of attitude helps."

The sad thing bud is we have a lot of people in our own support who don't give a hoot for this unless it gives them the right to sing whatever wee additions to songs that suit them no matter how much harm it does. They see the club as a means of pushing an non-football political religious message at the cost of the reputation of he club and when confronted about it spout a load of crap about their protestant unionist identity, handwringers and it not being the club of their forefathers and their youth.

You are totally correct. The thing is, most of what the numpties say is bull anyway. We never started out as some uber Loyalist club. This is a modern thing.

I have no issue with the Orange Order and Loyalists, but when it comes to my club don't fuck it up for us by linking the two.

:shifty:

Also

I saw john mason willing to discuss the subject of London rd school last night with pzj and others. It turned in to a bit of a farce with off topic points being added in and then people rounding on him.

Surely if we have the opportunity to have dialogue with an mp/msp willing to discuss these matters we should treat him with respect and at least try to foster a working relationship that could get this highlighted higher up.

He seemed willing to do this at one point and I suggested pzj sending him all the info but then the slagging started. I don't really think this kind of attitude helps.

Aye. It's fustrating.

Some of the dialog was going in the correct direction, he was messaging quite a few folk including @GCC Exposed as well as pzj and was recieving/giving some good responses but as mentioned a few folk lost the head and he bolted.

He was back on tonight continuing a couple of convos, asking questions about what kind of audit are people after, bizzarly during the games opening. Whatever your opions of this guy he had no need to come on the other night for over an hour and a half and have a discussion with around 4 or 5 folk, pzj included. He did hang himself with the comment about having to knock the school down cos it was between 2 new buildings........one of the reasons he bolted i think was his realization that it was a stupid thing to say in a public forum. Or should i say a "revealing" thing to say...........

I think asking these types correctly worded questions, framed in the right manner to try create dialog is a good thing at the minute. As the other night shows, either we are ignored, engaged in dialog which can be beneficial to further the case or they may say something that is of interest.......No SNP/Scottish Labour politician is going to come out in public and antagonise Tic fans/"Irish" community at the mo. They are both counting on their votes in the referendum but if sections of our support wind them up/insult them it does make engament much harder.

I don't expect anyone to take up the "cause" as you will but keeping this matter alive in the conciousness of MP'S/MSP's/Journalists, getting them to diiscuss the matter keeps the kettle boiling until after the referendum is over.

Ultimately, we may have to wait until the EC investigation decision is revealed for this to go mainstream due to the way our country is these days. No reason not to keep chiping away to find the truth though.

And an English based investigative journalists is a great shout. Hat's off OP. If we all did the same as you we would have more chance of this being exposed. If you could be bothered, any chance you could pm me a copy of the message you sent and i shall do the same with journos who maybe interested?

Cheers Gooseman