Evening Times seems to think this will be the starting 11...

strar8

15,000 bears at Easter Rd for Raith Rovers game, a wall of noise,a see of colour...

One of the most insipid displays I've seen from a Rangers team..

ICT at Ibrox..

Queen of the South at Ibrox..

Dundee United at Ibrox, all cup ties lost in past two years..

Players had trouble raising their games in those ties..

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't give me that nonsense.

My posts over the last few weeks have highlighted my support of our players, some of whom have been getting a hard time. Lee is a different matter. He is and has been poor as a defender. If you can explain to me why you think differently then please do.

Blind loyalty is exactly that - blind. And it can be extremely dangerous.

I told you about his lack of appearance at the Annan game - do you think this is okay? Becoming behaviour of a Rangers Captain?

His terrible performance against Raith - please comment.

His lack of ability in holding the line at the back? Dreadful the number of times this happened last year - please comment.

Go on, provide retorts to the foregoing.

As you say - the blind cant see - I put you into that category with regards to Lee - he is an extremely good defender - is he world class? - no! but he is NO where near as bad as you wish. I doubt there is a team is Scotland who would NOT be very happy to play him there.

wrt his 'non' appearence against Annan - well that is poor BUT perhaps he was busy ripping into the team, perhaps he was so angry at the team performace he felt it was more polite NOT to appear - but only fact we have (I accept it happened) is he did not appear - we don't have his side of the story. Also Greig, Cough, Ferguson all have similar incidences - just search RM - but making a mistake does NOT make them a inherently bad person - I suspect Lee - like all our captains have gone, often, out of their way to attend supporters functions, charity events etc, and do more good works than the odd faux pas.

Raith was shocking - but on the day you could pick any one of the team to pick on - just suits you to blame Lee.- fk one of the reasons we all love football is that on any single day any team can be beat no matter the gulf is wages / class.

As for his ability to hold a back line - you do know we had the meanest defence overall last year ? That we went unbeaten in the league?

Its good that you have defended other players on here - it shows your not a perpetual hater like a few on this board - but I think your judgement on Lee is scared by the single Annan incident and now you just look for any fault - that happens - but perhaps, as a supporter, you should try to compartmentalise it - or even forgive him for it!

Really don't see why people whinge about Macleod playing on the left, he played there many times for us last season and did well, when playing in the friendlies this season he has did well, him and Wallace on the left seem to have a pretty good understanding and if Wallace is pushing forward it does allow Macleod to step in a bit.

As for the comments about Jig, agree he shouldn't start and should be on the bench as he can cover a lot of positions, as to all of HMS comments not just in this thread but in everything he's posted in, have you ever had anything positive to say about anything to do with Rangers?

The reason people are unhappy about MacLeod playing wide left is he is not a left midfielder and its a waste to play him there when we should be developing him as a centre mid which is his best position. We did the same thing with Charlie Adam and the difference was there for all to see when he went to Blackpool and was played properly it was like watching a whole new player. There is no need to play MacLeod there especially when Law has done nothing to deserve keeping the place in the centre.

As for Lee McCulloch its time he accepted the fact his best days are long past him and he should step a side like any real Captain would. He is on the same ego trip as Ally all either of them care about is being able to say they lead us back to the top regardless of the mess they leave behind when they do eventually move on.

Not bad. Need to find a place for arguably our most talented player, Templeton.

agreed mate .He is still a fantastic player if given confidence from Management by playing every week .Ally won't however as he clearly has his cautious ,more versatile favourites

I would go with a 4-4-2:

GK - Bell

RB - Peralta\Foster

CB - McGregor

CB - Zaliukas

LB - Wallace

RM - Temps\Aird

CM - Law\Black

CM - MacLoed

LM - Mackay\Temps

CF - Miller

CF - Boyd

Alternatively 3-1-4-2:

GK - Bell

CB - McGregor

CB - Zaliukas

CB - Moshni\Wallace

DM - Peralta\Black

RM - Temps\Aird

AM - Law\Black

AM - MacLoed

LM - Mackay\Temps

CF - Miller

CF - Boyd

Bell

Mohsni

Zal

Jig/Mcgregor/anyone else

Aird (wing back/RM)

McLeod

Law

Wallace (wing back/LM)

Templeton

Miller

Boyd

3 centre halfs lets us build from the back through Mohsni and gives him a little more cover when he inevitably does something stupid. don't need a holding midfielder if we adopt a high pressing game, with plenty of energy we can choke the life out of teams before they even cross the half way line. Aird could suit wing back perfectly with a bit of work, tracking back as a winger is excellent as it is and if you watch him his starting position on and off the ball is way to deep as a proper winger, Gallagher is capable as well. Lets Wallace bomb forward even more. I like Temps behind the striker, probably our most creative player and best dribbler so is like him to be the focal point of the attack. If law can produce the form he showed I'm his first few games for us he can dictate the tempo an let Macleod go box to box, linking up play, playing one-twos and getting into the box. Miller can run channels, stretch teams and graft chances for himself and others- probably has the best link up play of all our strikers. And last of all, gives us not only service for boyd, but a good variation of service. Wallace and Aird bombing forward or crossing from deep, quick and short interchanges from Macleod and Temps and of course the proven partnership he and miller have.

I can dream, I don't see ally going any other way than 442 though. With no general strategy, philosophy or tactics. Just throw out his 11 favourite 10k a week players and expect miracles.

I love how people are selecting Peralta in their squad even though about 98% of our fan base knows nothing about him aside that he is in the Honduras international squad. I'm not saying that he's not gunna turn out to be good but last time I checked they aren't exactly graced with wonderfully talented footballers.

I love how people are selecting Peralta in their squad even though about 98% of our fan base knows nothing about him aside that he is in the Honduras international squad. I'm not saying that he's not gunna turn out to be good but last time I checked they aren't exactly graced with wonderfully talented footballers.

<cr> Did you fall asleep for a year?

So you'd play a centre back at right back and still play mcculloch? Is that you Ally????

Pretty sure McGregor can operate across the defence, and can be used in midfield. Not 100% sure but i think i seen him switch a few times in a St Mirren game.