Dougie Freedman

Robespierre

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying he would be my choice but for me he is a better option than a lot of suggestions on here, always talks well on BT, has managed and coached around some big clubs in England, knows the Scottish game and the fact he is a bear is an added bonus..... but lets be honest this is all irrelevant anyway as McCoist is going now where .

Not too sure if AMC is "going nowhere", any sign of falling behind our nearest challengers would result in a major drop- off in attendances and that is something the board can't ignore.

Re - Gary McAllister, not even sure if he wants to be involved in the coaching side tbh but would still prefer a up and coming coach with a fresh approach and a long-term strategy and footballing philosophy.

Listened to Sportsound on RS this evening in which Michael Stewart made several pertinent points regarding Allys management style, or the lack of. Personal opinions aside he has been consistent in his views and would find it difficult not to agree with nearly all he says.

Nigel Adkins would be perfect , great experience of the championship

Actually there are a number of good managers in the Championship all earning a LOT less than McCostalot. Wish Felix Magath was about 10 years younger........ his training methods would soon weed out the lazy bastards.

the only name on this thread I would be excited about would be billy davies. The rest arent that great really. Mcinnes very unproven. MaCall half decent for Mwell but likely another terry butcher in that caley suited him even tho he was an average manager and he would be crap anywhere else. Im thinkin long and hard and the only decent realistic British candidate i can think off is davies who plays good attacking football and instills a winning mentality. If ye look at davies record against other candidates on this thread i bet he has by far highest games won ratio. Does anyone have any other suggestions apart from already named on this thread?. Not alot out there.

oh and just to add....mcleish and smith are well known for dire football we dont need that served to us after the last few years it would be too frustratin even when we win to watch the crap smith and especially mccleish serves up. Done well at the time but no way would i take them back