new manager

Craigferguson

I would take anyone who has the kind of footballing philosophy that will progress us, good footballing background, ball on the deck and actually pass the ball and retain possession and wants to develop youth and make use of Auchenhowie and not afraid to kick ass when players under-perform.

Alas, we are unlikely to get rid of you knew who anytime soon ((cue "I'm not leaving" scene from The Wolf of Wall Street))

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at the moment but would be perfect in a couple of years

If we ever make it back to the top flight and back into Europe he would be a good shout. He's exactly the type we should be looking for at this moment though. And personally I'd like us to think a little outside the box and target a guy with no ties to the club who is youngish but with a definate philosophy and style who is capable of competing against better sides along with developing home grown talent. I don't claim to know every talented young manager in Europe but there must be guys out there who would love an opportunity to make a name for themselves at a club the size of ours.

If we ever make it back to the top flight and back into Europe he would be a good shout. He's exactly the type we should be looking for at this moment though. And personally I'd like us to think a little outside the box and target a guy with no ties to the club who is youngish but with a definate philosophy and style who is capable of competing against better sides along with developing home grown talent. I don't claim to know every talented young manager in Europe but there must be guys out there who would love an opportunity to make a name for themselves at a club the size of ours.

One of few advantages us and Celtic have despite not being In any of the big European Leagues is that we are a great stepping stone for the EPL, so should be a good fit for any young ambitious manager who wants to make it in England some day.

One of few advantages us and Celtic have despite not being In any of the big European Leagues is that we are a great stepping stone for the EPL, so should be a good fit for any young ambitious manager who wants to make it in England some day.

Precisely. I think we are doing ourselves a real injustice by looking no further than the likes of mccall or mccinnes. I've nothing against either of those managers, both have done good jobs, but I'm desperate for us to take a leap into this new era of technical football and I see neither of them achieving that.

I know people will point to the le guen debacle but these are completely different circumstances, and I'd hope that players and fans alike would be more enthusiastic about embracing a more technical, European style to our football, coaching methods, and youth development.

deleted as i could see a rep from someone in the thread but not access it

im guessing it was gogzy after his wee outburst telling me to fuck off (outstanding behaviour from an admin that closes threads because of personal abuse btw)

wasn't me.