• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the godfather that the next manager has to be un-connected

We need a total revamp a clean slate and a manager

that with a track record of playing younger guys and bringing them through.

The time has come time for the board to act like one

If its on a budget then for me jimmy calderwood or Neil Warnock would be ideal short termers. If its a decent budget then we should be selling this club to a manager with a decent rep and one who can promote within but also has a good record at recruiting players etc

one thing with warnock is he wouldn't allow his team to just roll over !

Smith would read the riot act, and I guarantee you we'd be challenging the bheggers next season under Smith. He doesn't suffer fools.

hed give his hapless mate jig another deal and bore us all senseless, yet again

well not me as id be fucked if I spent anymore to watch him and his dirge

Would it be mad to suggest instead of paying them off in one go you put them on notice that there contracts are ending and they don't need to turn up each day. Then get another "fresh" manager who could invigorate the team along with the support.

Yes it would be an extra expense however how many extra supporters would it bring in?

Would it be mad to suggest instead of paying them off in one go you put them on notice that there contracts are ending and they don't need to turn up each day. Then get another "fresh" manager who could invigorate the team along with the support.

Yes it would be an extra expense however how many extra supporters would it bring in?

No...its known as gardening leave, although I believe Craig Levein took the SFA to an industrial tribunal over it. They wanted to pay him monthly for the remainder of his notice period, should he accept a job the payments would stop. I suspect his notice period is now over and that's why he's re-appeared at Hertz.

I'd write into their contracts 1 month notice period, not as if there's a shortage of managers out there if they don't like it don't take the job.

The weird thing is this is the most exciting season for a while with the teams in it and the last leg on our journey back up, however with Ally at the head of it the excitement gets lost to the turgid football. Now a fresh faced manager this season would get most fans fired up again.