Marco Negri

ElBufalo20

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty mad, not bad first 10 league games of your Rangers career.

04/08 2 v Hearts

23/08 5 v Dundee United

13/09 1 v Aberdeen

20/09 2 v St Johnstone

24/09 2 v Kilmarnock

27/09 1 v Motherwell

04/10 2 v Hibernian

18/10 4 v Dunfermline

25/10 1 v Dundee United

01/11 3 v Kilmarnock

Slightly unrelated but on the question earlier about Negri being underrated, does anyone think rod Wallace has also fell into the underrated category as time has passed. Was thinking about this in work the other day actually?

This

and for anyone that says Boyd goes missing in big games, from memory he failed to score against Celtic in his first game and only scored 1 against them, also Negri failed to score against Goteborg and a month later failed to score against Strasbourg as we got knocked out of Europe twice

Always thought the rumour was he pumped big Amo's bird, an Italian called Christina. Any young bears who've not seen him should check youtube, especially the five against Dun Utd.

Timmy lies again mate . I can assure you it was a squash match with Porrini who took him to hospital in his own car even though the ambulance turned up . Negri had to keep his head still for 2 weeks to allow the detached retina to heal but he was having continuous flashing in his eyes which was a sign that it wasn't healing properly but the Rangers Doctor was telling him it was fine and Knox was pressuring him to get back asap. The problems began when Marco decided to fly in his own personal Italian doctor to explain to the Rangers Doc the complications behind taking head knocks when retina is not fully healed . The Rangers doctor was shown up for what he was back then which was pretty much negligent . Knox was the one who fell out with him first cause he was trying to bully him back early and he also felt he wasn't getting any backing from some of the Italian players . Also both Porrini and Negri felt training was at a poor level so decided to keep their cardio fitness up at a decent level by playing squash , having a run on the treadmills and cycling . This is what DID happen not the nonsense about fighting Amo.

Timmy lies again mate . I can assure you it was a squash match with Porrini who took him to hospital in his own car even though the ambulance turned up . Negri had to keep his head still for 2 weeks to allow the detached retina to heal but he was having continuous flashing in his eyes which was a sign that it wasn't healing properly but the Rangers Doctor was telling him it was fine and Knox was pressuring him to get back asap. The problems began when Marco decided to fly in his own personal Italian doctor to explain to the Rangers Doc the complications behind taking head knocks when retina is not fully healed . The Rangers doctor was shown up for what he was back then which was pretty much negligent . Knox was the one who fell out with him first cause he was trying to bully him back early and he also felt he wasn't getting any backing from some of the Italian players . Also both Porrini and Negri felt training was at a poor level so decided to keep their cardio fitness up at a decent level by playing squash , having a run on the treadmills and cycling . This is what DID happen not the nonsense about fighting Amo.

Who was the Rangers doctor back then ?

Funny how you get wee flash backs to things years ago when a name is mentioned, although it does relate to macro negri

For quite a lot of years my stepfathers season book was right on the half way line 5 rows up bottom deck of the in the now aptly named Sandy Jardine stand, he was right in line with the tunnel and after 2 seasons purchased the seat next to him for my mother, on one occassion my mother could'nt make the match and i went with him, so right before kick off he pulls out these pair of binoculars.

He used to bring them after some pushing and shoving pre kick off before an aberdeen game and always watched the teams comming out, marco negri crosses himself he says to me and then let me watch for myself as they came back out for the second half and true enough there he was giving it the old specs, balls wallet and watch before comming out, nothing to get excited about but just the mention of negris name there had me thinking about him there and his binoculars which he bought out of my mums club book at a few quid a week for 105 weeks lol.

upsets me a bit watching that as look then and look now.

I remember going with my dad to get my strip and got two tickets with it, said rangers v rangers reserves but it was basically new players v older ones. Gazza skinned the goalie and he chased him, when running away gazza joked he was playing the flute.

Fond memories