parking in livingston

easterhouse64

The car park's aren't all free, but it's not exactly dear.

Pay & Display car parks situated at McCarthur Glen & The Centre car parks. It's £1.50 for up to 2 hours. You'll pay £2 for 2-3 hours. Maybe it's £3.5 for over 3 hours. Can't remember. I'll check for sure when I'm at work tomorrow. Asda does have a pretty big car park, but that's pay & display.....but again......not expensive. 50p for up to 2 hours. Think £1 gets you 3 hours, but that's maximum length you can stay. I don't think it's really policed all that much tbh.

There's a free car park at Sainsbury's and Morrisons/B&Q. It's a wee bit of a further walk fro the ground, but not much. There's also another free car park just behind the McArthur Glen outlet where Halfords & Pets at Home are. That's usually quite busy though. There is a free car park at Lidl's next to the ground, but it's not that big. There's also the 'Terrace' car park which is quite big, but I'm not sure if that has a barrier. It's the Council's staff car park, but not sure if it's open at weekends. As it's free & right next to the shops it'll be heaving if open.

One tip though, I wouldn't park in any of the residential area's. You'll more than likely get your motor keyed!

Pay & Display car parks situated at McCarthur Glen & The Centre car parks. It's £1.50 for up to 2 hours. You'll pay £2 for 2-3 hours. Maybe it's £3.5 for over 3 hours. Can't remember. I'll check for sure when I'm at work tomorrow. Asda does have a pretty big car park, but that's pay & display.....but again......not expensive. 50p for up to 2 hours. Think £1 gets you 3 hours, but that's maximum length you can stay. I don't think it's really policed all that much tbh.

There's a free car park at Sainsbury's and Morrisons/B&Q. It's a wee bit of a further walk fro the ground, but not much. There's also another free car park just behind the McArthur Glen outlet where Halfords & Pets at Home are. That's usually quite busy though. There is a free car park at Lidl's next to the ground, but it's not that big. There's also the 'Terrace' car park which is quite big, but I'm not sure if that has a barrier. It's the Council's staff car park, but not sure if it's open at weekends. As it's free & right next to the shops it'll be heaving if open.

One tip though, I wouldn't park in any of the residential area's. You'll more than likely get your motor keyed!

I think I'll just take the train/bus then

So if i head for mcarthur glen , i will get parked no problem for a few quid .

I think I'll just take the train/bus then

Get onto the Firstbus 28 to Bathgate, mate. That'll take you direct to the Centre's bus station & is just a 5-10 minute walk from the ground. Train stations will result in a further taxi/bus journey.

So if i head for mcarthur glen , i will get parked no problem for a few quid .

Absolutely mate. Not sure what time you're coming through or how long after the game you'll be staying, but there's loads of parking. It will be busy with normal shopping parking, but it only gets full at Christmas. Best bet would be Morrisons or Sainsbury's car parks. They're free & not just for customers. (tu)

Edit: Good shout with the College Gerg. Another free car park.

Get onto the Firstbus 28 to Bathgate, mate. That'll take you direct to the Centre's bus station & is just a 5-10 minute walk from the ground. Train stations will result in a further taxi/bus journey.

Absolutely mate. Not sure what time you're coming through or how long after the game you'll be staying, but there's loads of parking. It will be busy with normal shopping parking, but it only gets full at Christmas. Best bet would be Morrisons or Sainsbury's car parks. They're free & not just for customers. (tu)

Edit: Good shout with the College Gerg. Another free car park.

Cheers mate but as I live in Edinburgh I think I will probably get the train to Livingston North and then take the bus down from there.

Do the supermarket car parks not have a maximum period that you can stay .

Pretty sure Lidl will have a 2 hour maximum stay, but not certain. It's quite a small car park that one. Problem with that it is that everyone will try & use it as it's bang in front of the stadium & the stadium car park costs £5. Asda is a 3 hour maximum stay.

Sainsbury, Morrison & B&Q have pretty big car parks and as far as I know, don't have maximum stay. I'm going to Morrisons after work so will check for sure then. (tu)

Cheers mate but as I live in Edinburgh I think I will probably get the train to Livingston North and then take the bus down from there.

No worries mate. To be honest, if it's a nice day I'd probably just walk it. It's not really that far, and the busses are few & far between from Livi North.

I'm not sure about that mate, you'd have to check on that.

It's not a supermarket as such - it's an aldi or a lidl (can't remember which one).

It's Lidl mate.

Ok, so did a reccy this evening.

Morrison/B&Q car park no maximum stay. Same goes for Sainsbury. All free car parks....as are The College, The Old Court/Terrace car parks.

Lidl has a 90 minute maximum stay, with a £90 fine if you exceed that. No idea how they police it.

As for the 'Centre' and Multi-storey car park at McArthur Glen, they're £1.50 up to 2 hours. £2 for 2-3 hours & £3 for 4 hours. Not too shabby I'd say.

Enjoy & hopefully see some of you there!! (tu)

Ok, so did a reccy this evening.

Morrison/B&Q car park no maximum stay. Same goes for Sainsbury. All free car parks....as are The College, The Old Court/Terrace car parks.

Lidl has a 90 minute maximum stay, with a £90 fine if you exceed that. No idea how they police it.

As for the 'Centre' and Multi-storey car park at McArthur Glen, they're £1.50 up to 2 hours. £2 for 2-3 hours & £3 for 4 hours. Not too shabby I'd say.

Enjoy & hopefully see some of you there!! (tu)

Sainsburys for me then :21: