McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Relying on the play - offs , given it's cut throat nature against a top league side , may be a lot harder than winning this league when we should have a big advantage , over every other team , given our resources.

I agree, I think we should be winning the league, and i'd be gutted if we didn't.

But if we failed to win the league, and won a top flight spot through the playoffs, we are hardly gonna tell them to take it back, hence it is acceptable.

The comments from Ally seem very defeatist, especially when there seems to be nothing in there where he suggests we can go on to win :lol:

one thing certain people seem to be missing is that we are only 7 games into the season and the clown is already talking about the playoffs

even if he is asked the question, he should simply reply "we are targeting the title, we are only 6 points behind hearts with 3 games against them to play, plenty of points left to win and i aim to win each and every single game, we have played poorly so far but i aim to fix that starting against Livingston tomorrow"

a statement like that gives the air of confidence, installs confidence in your team and would likely give the fans a boost, he would still be a shocking manager but at least its an honest statement and gives the impression that he has some form of a fucking clue about our situation

instead he's slabbering on about the fucking playoffs, when going by our form we'd struggle in them

If he said that we'd have another thread exactly like this calling him a liar, deluded etc and all the generic insults from the same people directed towards him.

It has been like this for years, and now recently the majority do it. Showing a specific thread for all this where like minded can disect every syllable for negativity at their leasure, without people pointing out faults in their indignation, would be appropriate.

Today Ally can call something black and be insulted for it. Tomorrow he could call it white and the same people will insult him. He could then say it's grey and receive the same toxic outbursts. No matter what he says individuals have shown they will latch on to anything. Whether he said it, implied it or didn't.

For the record he didn't bring up the play offs question, and never said it would be acceptable or our aim.

If he said that we'd have another thread exactly like this calling him a liar, deluded etc and all the generic insults from the same people directed towards him.

It has been like this for years, and now recently the majority do it. Showing a specific thread for all this where like minded can disect every syllable for negativity at their leasure, without people pointing out faults in their indignation, would be appropriate.

Today Ally can call something black and be insulted for it. Tomorrow he could call it white and the same people will insult him. He could then say it's grey and receive the same toxic outbursts. No matter what he says individuals have shown they will latch on to anything. Whether he said it, implied it or didn't.

For the record he didn't bring up the play offs question, and never said it would be acceptable or our aim.

if ally said what i posted above, then the insults etc, while still peoples opinions, wouldnt be justified as it is exactly what the fans and players want to hear, wether he can do what he says would be another thing

but what he has said, and infact even mentioning the playoffs at this stage of the season, is a sign of someone covering his arse already, which makes you think that he hasnt a fucking clue what else to do with the team

Well it's one or the other.

Strangely enough, it isn't.

My only point and one which is bafflingly elusive to most people on this thread, is that he didn't say it was acceptable, and he didn't.

I wouldn't normally get quite so hung up on it, but many have criticised him for saying something he didn't say, and I think it is fair to point that out.

We could have hypothetical discussions about any number of things he may or may not think, but it would be almost as tedious as pages and pages of arguing about such a stupid thing as this.

I can admit when I make a mistake.... seems to be a unique trait around here.

Ah. I thought you were making a point about the lack of a full stop.

Ehm, untouché, I guess.

Allys comments are a disgrace. Anyway..

If returning to the top means a playoff and we make it.... at the end of the day, it'd be an acceptable way to get there. BUT.... it's certainly NOT an acceptable performance... nor it is ACCEPTABLE for our manager to even consider this.

Bottom line? McCoist contemplating this even now is UNAcceptable. As others have already posted. He should be saying.. 6 pts is nothing.... we'll improve..we'll win... that's our goal. Bad message from Ally.

The verbal gymnastics, for want of a more colourful description, of the deluded contributors fawning over Alistair...is if nothing else amusing in its hopelessness.

Don't see any fawning on this thread.

I am disappointed in you BB, you are so keen on being precise and accurate on other discussions, your standards seem to slip on this topic.