Was there trouble at the game?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that we don't have the facts on this, that's got to be the most self-loathing, sanctimonious, condescending posts I've ever read on here. Fucking dreadful.

I was there you clown. I know what the facts are because I saw what happened and then I spoke to the police about it. Is that enough for your limited IQ? People like you hold RFC back.

Don't tell me what to post, do you want to shut the forum so it's just folk who've been at the match can air their opinion then?

No but your post was not even-handed. How can you comment if you didn't see it? The UB had no reason to get involved. It was a non-event until they decided to get involved.

No but your post was not even-handed. How can you comment if you didn't see it? The UB had no reason to get involved. It was a non-event until they decided to get involved.

Because it's a forum and it allows you to comment on whatever you want?

My post also said it would be good to hear the full story, maybe they felt he was being wrongly ejected? Maybe they just wanted hassle?

I've yet to hear what the guy did to provoke the steward, Ibrox is full of fans who are 'too drunk'.

Because it's a forum and it allows you to comment on whatever you want?

My post also said it would be good to hear the full story, maybe they felt he was being wrongly ejected? Maybe they just wanted hassle?

I've yet to hear what the guy did to provoke the steward, Ibrox is full of fans who are 'too drunk'.

The guy was told by the steward to leave for whatever reason, it was obviously a good enough reason for the police to get to involved in when he refused to leave and started pushing the steward about and the police. He was a numpty to raise his hands to the steward and the police and his pal didn't help by arguing instead of just getting him out without getting forcefully ejected and possibly arrested. The youngsters clearly had no idea why he was being ejected just as we the other side did not know so for them to wade in when they didn't know the facts was irresponsible and stupid. They were too far away to hear what was being said as they had to run down several rows to involve themselves.

He's being wrongly ejected so they should take the law in their own hands and decide what is and isn't right? OK.

The guy was told by the steward to leave for whatever reason, it was obviously a good enough reason for the police to get to involved in when he refused to leave and started pushing the steward about and the police. He was a numpty to raise his hands to the steward and the police and his pal didn't help by arguing instead of just getting him out without getting forcefully ejected and possibly arrested. The youngsters clearly had no idea why he was being ejected just as we the other side did not know so for them to wade in when they didn't know the facts was irresponsible and stupid. They were too far away to hear what was being instead as they had to run down several rows to intercept it.

So if you were asked to leave and you felt it wasn't justified you would just toddle off with no hassle? No chance.

Fair enough the UB's were maybe too far away to have heard what was going on, we're forever slating the police and stewards on here but yet folk are so willing to take their word for it on this now.

Part of our problem is people with your attitude. The UB had no idea what it was about but decided to get involved anyway.

I would suggest people with your attitude are.

And as you admitted you dont know if it was the ub , or maybe it was just

Other Rangers fans looking out for another?

So if you were asked to leave and you felt it wasn't justified you would just toddle off with no hassle? No chance.

Fair enough the UB's were maybe too far away to have heard what was going on, we're forever slating the police and stewards on here but yet folk are so willing to take their word for it on this now.

Ave been with plenty of ma mates who have got thrown out over the years for being gassed or doing something daft. They get ejected out and go back to the bus and that's that. A have never thought about rag dolling them away from the polis and causing a massive scene :lol:

I don't get extremely drunk so it wouldn't happen anyway. He shouldn't have been let in the stadium in his state but he obviously got in under the radar. The fact is if he had perhaps talked to them instead of raising his hands he would've got somewhere but pushing them away and mouthing off at them was never going to end well. He was drunk and you can be ejected from football stadia for being drunk as it says on your match ticket and on the way in to the stadium. I didn't have to take their word for it that he was drunk, his whole demeanour portrayed that clearly enough.

Ave been with plenty of ma mates who have got thrown out over the years for being gassed or doing something daft. They get ejected out and go back to the bus and that's that. A have never thought about rag dolling them away from the polis and causing a massive scene :lol:

Na I know that, but my point is that the guy may not have done much wrong, hence the protests.

Rangers fans get treated like shit when they go to away grounds, yet all of a sudden the stewards etc are innocent.

Treat people like animals for long enough and they will start to act like them.

Exactly and this guy was very gassed to put it mildly.

I don't get extremely drunk so it wouldn't happen anyway. He shouldn't have been let in the stadium in his state but he obviously got in under the radar. The fact is if he had perhaps talked to them instead of raising his hands he would've got somewhere but pushing them away and mouthing off at them was never going to end well. He was drunk and you can be ejected from football stadia for being drunk as it says on your match ticket and on the way in to the stadium. I didn't have to take their word for it that he was drunk, his whole demeanour portrayed that clearly enough.

As I said above, Ibrox is full of drunks on matchday.

If he was being a fanny that's fair enough and he deserved to be asked to leave, no-one has said what made the steward ask him to leave though yet are saying he should just have left with a whimper.

Na I know that, but my point is that the guy may not have done much wrong, hence the protests.

Rangers fans get treated like shit when they go to away grounds, yet all of a sudden the stewards etc are innocent.

Treat people like animals for long enough and they will start to act like them.

Agree with that mate

As I said above, Ibrox is full of drunks on matchday.

If he was being a fanny that's fair enough and he deserved to be asked to leave, no-one has said what made the steward ask him to leave though yet are saying he should just have left with a whimper.

I know, I see them! I've seen many times people turned away at the turnstiles at home and away games. The fact they get into the stadium steaming is good luck and they need to prepare for being ejected if they are seen to be drunk. The steward doesn't need any other reason than he was blitzed. As a guy has said before this he's had pals ejected for just being drunk and drunk he certainly was.

Not the biggest fan of the Police by the way policing our games the way they do, just for the record. They intimidate us from the beginning of every game but on this occasion there was no need for anyone to get involved in it when it was just a steaming guy getting told to go back to his bus. The Police told some of us who enquired that had he gone when the steward asked him, he would have been allowed back to his bus to wait and nothing else done about it. The fact that he refused to go and started pushing the Police and stewards about began everything. If he had gone then nothing would have happened and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I would suggest people with your attitude are.

And as you admitted you dont know if it was the ub , or maybe it was just

Other Rangers fans looking out for another?

The UB or whatever group of numpties were not involved at the outset. The guy who was being ejected was not in their group but they decided to get involved anyway without knowing why. The guy was getting ejected , not arrested but thanks to his mate and the intervention of the other clowns , he was eventually arrested. All the UB or whoever they were, have succeeded in achieving is getting the guy arrested and RFC more bad publicity.

Judging by your post, you weren't at the game but you feel able to comment and to criticise me. <cr>

I know, I see them! I've seen many times people turned away at the turnstiles at home and away games. The fact they get into the stadium steaming is good luck and they need to prepare for being ejected if they are seen to be drunk. The steward doesn't need any other reason than he was blitzed. As a guy has said before this he's had pals ejected for just being drunk and drunk he certainly was.

It's still harsh of that's the only reason IMO, if he's spewing abuse etc I can see the point.

I fell on my arse twice at half-time during an old firm game, and managed to see the rest of the game out.

The UB or whatever group of numpties were not involved at the outset. The guy who was being ejected was not in their group but they decided to get involved anyway without knowing why. The guy was getting ejected , not arrested but thanks to his mate and the intervention of the other clowns , he was eventually arrested. All the UB or whoever they were, have succeeded in achieving is getting the guy arrested and RFC more bad publicity.

Judging by your post, you weren't at the game but you feel able to comment and to criticise me. <cr>

Am I not allowed to comment, or critisise you on your opinions because I wasnt at the game?

It's still harsh of that's the only reason IMO, if he's spewing abuse etc I can see the point.

I fell on my arse twice at half-time during an old firm game, and managed to see the rest of the game out.

They have the power to do it though whether we like it or not. You falling on yer bum at an Old Firm game was probably the least of their worries that day, haha! They most probably didn't have anything better to do today than pick out drunks. He was pretty easy to spot :lol: