British flag has been removed from Ibrox today

KingKirk

I'll take the word of the flag institute

http://www.flaginsti...the-union-flag/

It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag”.

Then we agree to disagree - no bother to me either way,

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am calling them scum

Always booo rangers players hang our players out to dry and the sfa completely fucked us

Thats why we sing stick yer tartan army up yer arse

So you are calling the Tartan Army scum or the Scottish national team?

Are you Scottish? (please don't give me the British bullshit)

Lets go with flags.

Who cares? Scotland have rented the stadium for a Scotland game. The Saltire is appropriate for this occasion.

Unoffended Loyal.

You voted yes Indigo but it sure offends me fucking taking the Union flag down to appease these nationalist bastards .An absolute disgrace from our club and a total sell out .Ps fuck you fuckpig bastardised Police Scotland who probably influenced club to do it .Until Cameron grows a set of balls and makes decisions to protect the honour of the Union flag ,then this Pitiful Country will continue to show this sort of contempt for the flag that the whole Country decided they wanted to remain part of .Scum

Bastards .The lot of them .

So you are calling the Tartan Army scum or the Scottish national team?

Are you Scottish? (please don't give me the British bullshit)

I'm born in Scotland and hate those kilt wearing Jessie's who hate our club like a passion .Yeah I would say .The Tartan army are scum fucks .If you are one of the pussy,kilt wearing Jacobite fuckpigs and you don't like it .Go fuck yourselves .

Reading some of the posts on this thread it would appear that for some we are no longer the quintessential British club.

It may not be a major issue to some but it still surprises me that some find this somehow acceptable.

We didn't hand over Ibrox, we rented then the pitch and stadium and the SFA should have respected the fact that we fly our nation's flag and are proud to do so.

As someone else referred to, I would be interested to know if the portrait of the Queen was left in the dressing room.

you on depression tablets. Get a fucking grip.

I'm born in Scotland and hate those kilt wearing Jessie's who hate our club to a passion .Yeah I would say .The Tartan army are scum fucks .If and of you pussy,kilt wearing Jacobite fuckpigs don't like it .Go fuck yourselves .

For the record, I am not part of the Tartan Army. Only ever been to one Scotland game and that was that game where we were 2-0 up against Belgium, only to lose the plot and let them back in.

Nobody has a problem with the Saltire being flown but the Union Flag is always flown at Ibrox and should not have been removed. I always thought that our fans shared my pride in seeing it flown at Ibrox but I'm obviously wrong with that assumption.

You're not wrong. We (well, me, anyway) just don't get ridiculously sensitive about it being taken down for a Scotland match for a few hours!

It's not a Belfast-like attack on your identity. You're digging for offence mate.

Naw, it's the truth. Our support has became a shadow of it's former self, it's fucking pathetic these days.

I get the feeling your the type of fan who wouldn't have gave a fuck if they took down the picture of the queen today aswell.

Infact, you probably wouldn't give a fuck if they took it down for good i'm guessing.

I wouldn't mind if it was taken down for today but I would mind if they didn't put it back!

Its not taken down when on national telly. So why was it taken down today cause Scotland are playing doesn't cut it.. Any other reason?

I've explained that already. It's a bloody Scotland game ffs. You're being too sensitive. Expecting anything else is just hunting for offence.

You voted yes Indigo but it sure offends me fucking taking the Union flag down to appease these nationalist bastards .An absolute disgrace from our club and a total sell out .Ps fuck you fuckpig bastardised Police Scotland who probably influenced club to do it .Until Cameron grows a set of balls and makes decisions to protect the honour of the Union flag ,then this Pitiful Country will continue to show this sort of contempt for the flag that the whole Country decided they wanted to remain part of .Scum

Bastards .The lot of them .

What you on about, eejay. I voted No.

Calm the fuck down. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm born in Scotland and hate those kilt wearing Jessie's who hate our club like a passion .Yeah I would say .The Tartan army are scum fucks .If you are one of the pussy,kilt wearing Jacobite fuckpigs and you don't like it .Go fuck yourselves .

i,m sure you'll wake up tomorrow and think, oh shit did I really say that. You are one of the reasons we are disliked. I am Scottish and British, I love Rangers with a passion, and I wear a kilt on certain occasions, not rented, I have my own. Start thinking before pressing that keyboard.