Our poppy display in the daily mail

Gooseman

As an ex-serviceman who has lost friends during recent conflicts, I think I am better positioned to comment on this subject than most.

The families I meet every day, do not need your pound here and there, they need moral and caring support. A minute of silence means the world to these young boys and girls. It's a time to be embraced by us, for them.

You, have no idea about this Im sure.

So, go fuck yourself, and take your self opinionated pish with you.

well said mate

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

_78860498_getty_millwall.jpg

and another decent gesture by Millwall:

Millwall send shirt to supporter serving in Afghanistan

by Staff (@NewsAtDen) on July 8, 2014 36 Comments

Afghanistan-Millwall-soldier.jpg

© Twitter

A MILLWALL fan serving with the British Army in Afghanistan has been sent a new away shirt as a gift from the club.

Gunner Kieran Moss was so chuffed with the surprise he posted a picture of himself with the shirt on Twitter.

"I emailed them to say I was out here and then received a parcel and letter saying here's a gift from Millwall!” he said.

Kieran, 20, has been serving in Helmand province for a month.

Lions manager Ian Holloway said: "This club cares about people, and especially people who care about other people.

"Who cares more than a soldier? They give up their lives to protect us.

"It's nice to know that we are followed by people who put their lives on the line for their country.

"Sending a shirt out there is a small gesture but I'd just like to say thank you to him for what he's doing for us."

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/37371-millwall-send-shirt-to-supporter-serving-in-afghanistan.html

Im over in America just now and its veteran's day over here and on Saturday the whole country stopped to pay their respects and say thanks. There might be a lot of things wrong about the USA but I have never seen another country so united when it comes to things like this.

Im over in America just now and its veteran's day over here and on Saturday the whole country stopped to pay their respects and say thanks. There might be a lot of things wrong about the USA but I have never seen another country so united when it comes to things like this.

The USA Love their armed forces. As it should be.

No they weren't. Falkirk never had one. Nor did Hibs, St. Johnstone, Partick, Morton and several other clubs.

A lot of clubs won't mark the occasion til their home fixtures. I'll wager some of the teams you mention will pay their respects. You can't say that about the rancid Bheggars.

I wear a Poppy in respect for all those who have given their life for us. Regardless of race, colour or their particular faith. It is not a celebration of war. It is simply a time of remembrance.

Remembrance is a time Rangers take seriously. As do other Scottish Clubs- most noteably Hearts. It is an important day and an important moment.

Celtic FC - Choose not to honour those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. In doing so they fail to honour their own. Stokes on the other hand goes one further and chooses to disrespect those of all races, colours and creed including a large number of his own countrymen- in the most crass and pathetic way possible. He must think he is quite a fellow and indeed Celtic deserve him. £10K or 30 pieces of silver it is all currency.

Back to the OP. Our display was a massive mark of respect. I share the OP's pride in our Club and our Support.

I'm just a simple man but why do the two matters have to be mutually exclusive. A donation AND respect, simple really.

This.

As helpful as 10k will be, how much more would have been raised if every one of the bheasts bought a poppy and paid a £1 donation.

As many have said it's not about the money. It's about showing respect to the very people who sacrificed their lives to give us all the very freedom we enjoy today, the very freedom which unfortunately allows these a***holes the right to make a choice about whether or not to wear a poppy. It's about showing respect to the servicemen/women who keep us safe.

The ignorant ones think it's all about Ireland, when most of them probably have never even been to Ireland. I was speaking to a republican ignoramus today and was talking about my outrage at his disgusting team not displaying a poppy on their green n grey hooped tops and his answer to me was that the protestants had stolen the poppy!! Unfknbelievable!!! I almost choked in disbelief.