Our poppy display in the daily mail

Gooseman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2826763/Football-Remembers-clubs-unite-honour-fallen-troops-Remembrance-tributes-grounds-country.html

Forgive me if this has been posted...

Was scrolling through the website and saw this article. Our display is shown near the bottom and as far as I can make out we were the only club to have a display in the stand... As a former soldier I am amazed at the level of support from Rangers fc. Why other clubs can't or won't do more for our armed forces is beyond me.... I'm proud to have served and proud of our club.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2826763/Football-Remembers-clubs-unite-honour-fallen-troops-Remembrance-tributes-grounds-country.html

Forgive me if this has been posted...

Was scrolling through the website and saw this article. Our display is shown near the bottom and as far as I can make out we were the only club to have a display in the stand... As a former soldier I am amazed at the level of support from Rangers fc. Why other clubs can't or won't do more for our armed forces is beyond me.... I'm proud to have served and proud of our club.

Raith have worn a special away kit this season with the word 'remember' in place of a sponsor. Hearts have modelled their kit (and badge) on that of the one worn when WWI broke out. Alloa (and maybe one or two others) gave free entry to men and women who are serving in the armed forces.

Donated 10k. Which regardless of your opinion on their fans signing through the silence, is of much more use to veterans than waving a bit of paper around.

They can donate what they like, but the fact is that they are a vile club who fail to show respect, and think that money covers their sins. The only team not to have a poppy on their strip.

Donated 10k. Which regardless of your opinion on their fans signing through the silence, is of much more use to veterans than waving a bit of paper around.

What that amounts to is effectively a prepaid apology for the lack of respect shown by their club, players and fans.

Scum from cradle to grave.

They can donate what they like, but the fact is that they are a vile club who fail to show respect, and think that money covers their sins. The only team not to have a poppy on their strip.

No they weren't. Falkirk never had one. Nor did Hibs, St. Johnstone, Partick, Morton and several other clubs.

Millwalls one off camouflage kit was a nice touch. Only other card display I have seen from the weekend was Wembeley for the American football.

Portsmouth have the names of all those lost from their 'Pals' battalion on their shirts. Very appropriate that they played Aldershot on Sunday.

If that is true, they are all scum.

Add Qots, Queens Park and Stirling Albion to the list.

It should also be said that many teams don't wear them if they are playing away from home on Rememberance weekend (often choosing to wear them in their nearest home game). Some simply can't/won't afford to have strips embroidered or printed with a poppy.

Edit: Falkirk wore black armbands at Ibrox.

No they weren't. Falkirk never had one. Nor did Hibs, St. Johnstone, Partick, Morton and several other clubs.

partick did, I saw a picture yesterday in the paper of a partick player and th

strip was poppyless but on sportscene highlights they definitely had it on

The vhermin pay 10k to help hide the fact that their fans have disgraced themselves every year by doing this, and their club does nothing to prevent it, nothing to discourage it, they let their fans away with murder and only do something after being pressured to do so. Time and time again these scum get away with this. They should be named and shamed but their club does whatever it can to protect them.

The vhermin pay 10k to help hide the fact that their fans have disgraced themselves every year by doing this, and their club does nothing to prevent it, nothing to discourage it, they let their fans away with murder and only do something after being pressured to do so. Time and time again these scum get away with this. They should be named and shamed but their club does whatever it can to protect them.

their manager wore a poppy, and had a pop at the fans who disrupted the minutes silence, so how long left for him there?