RangersMedia

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily

Smaller area means greater pressure.

True. Force/Area.

But mass of a cricket ball is so much greater. Mass*Acceleration = momentum.

I've seen people hit with golf balls who have little more than a lump. Cricket balls can, and regularly do, fracture bones.

I'm still sticking with cricket ball.

True. Force/Area.

But mass of a cricket ball is so much greater. Mass*Acceleration = momentum.

I've seen people hit with golf balls who have little more than a lump. Cricket balls can, and regularly do, fracture bones.

I'm still sticking with cricket ball.

Aye I agree haha, just saying it's not as clear cut as weight.

The MCC flag at Lord's has been lowered in respect to Phillip Hughes, who played on the ground for Middlesex as well as in Test matches for Australia.

Reacting to the news of his death, MCC President David Morgan said: "This devastating loss has shocked the cricket world, and on behalf of MCC I offer our condolences to his family and friends.

"I well remember his first series in South Africa. Phillip was a fine cricketer and one who we will tragically never have the chance to see batting again here at the Home of Cricket.

"Cricket can be a dangerous sport, but for a talented young man to lose his life playing the game he loved is beyond most people's comprehension.

"Known as he was to so many at Lord's, this news will be hard felt."

Rip. Unbelievable. Shocking. Even when he was in an induced coma with doctors describing his condition as critical, not for one second did I imagine he wouldn't pull through. The news this morning is sickening. Such a tragic loss.

Spare a thought for Abbott too, he must be in pieces.

RIP,

Just had a discussion with a lawyer friend of mine who reckons that, should they wish to, the state or the family could mount a prosecution for manslaughter or murder against Abbott.

Abbott, bowled the bouncer with the sole intention of trying to hit Hughes, he did so, and Hughes was killed. That is pre-meditated, and my mate's point is, that if you had done that in the street, you would definitely be, at least, charged.

I'm not sure of any other sport, boxing excepted, where you are allowed/encouraged to try and injure an opponent.

Rip. Unbelievable. Shocking. Even when he was in an induced coma with doctors describing his condition as critical, not for one second did I imagine he wouldn't pull through. The news this morning is sickening. Such a tragic loss.

Spare a thought for Abbott too, he must be in pieces.

You keep the head down buddy.

RIP,

Just had a discussion with a lawyer friend of mine who reckons that, should they wish to, the state or the family could mount a prosecution for manslaughter or murder against Abbott.

Abbott, bowled the bouncer with the sole intention of trying to hit Hughes, he did so, and Hughes was killed. That is pre-meditated, and my mate's point is, that if you had done that in the street, you would definitely be, at least, charged.

I'm not sure of any other sport, boxing excepted, where you are allowed/encouraged to try and injure an opponent.

The sole intention of a bouncer isn't trying to injure the opponent, it's to force them to play a risky shot. That lawsuit would destroy cricket.