McInnes/Mcnamara/Hartley etc what sort of dough are they on?

pcbear

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hazzard a guess that the reason McCoist's salary was kept so obscenely high was in order to justify the equally obscene Board salaries during the White, Green and the Wallace cash spunking orgies. In any case, anyone who attempts to justify a six figure salary to a manager of a club in the Scottish 4th tier is seriously deluded in my estimation. And anyone who claims to have the best interests at heart of RFC, knowing the financial debacle we have been faced with since admin and is willing to keep accepting a six figure salary during these financially stringent years is either a charlatan or a fool.

..... and my point is we are NOT 'the rest of the Market!' If we want to be another set of sheep, scumdee or scumbee hivs then we can go get a 'market' priced manager - but we have greater ambitions than that - even if Ally is NOT the manager I want us to get the BEST we can not the cheapest we can!

So going by this utterly ricidulous logic we should pay our manager more than we can afford to so long as it's more than any other manager in Scotland!!!

No wonder you're a laughing stock on here.

Unbelievable if McCall was only on 70-80k at Motherwell. Would have done a better job than Ally imo and at a fraction at the cost! Same could be said for a lot of the players. Just shows how much money we've needlessly been wasting.

It shows the arrogance our club has had when it comes to money and status. Even now there are many in our support who think we should be spending millions on players and a manager. The truth of the matter is we should pay only what we can afford to.

... and the situation during administration ? - and how is it £825k if it is now going back to its 'original' £750k? and did he take a 50% cut or more - (oh and as for the board not pushing it through - one can't really hold that agaist Ally!) and do you know did he back date his cut? - (oh and to be really pedantic :pipe: - if he went from £825k to £400k then that is a greater than 50% cut - or if his wage was £750k and he went to £400k its not or did he go to £375k ? )

Point is he has NOT been on £750k as manager (which a lot of people are saying he was) - I agree that scince last Friday he is on £750k.

he was on £825K - this is published in our accounts. I am not holding it against Ally re the delay in pushing it through - simply stating the facts. I dont know if it was back dated but Ally himself confirmed that on the 11th Jan 2014 the wage cut had finally been "enforced" - which leads me to believe it was not back dated - just delayed.