Rangers star Lewis MacLeod undergoing medical at Brentford

Sander2006

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose he will get first team action at Brentford good luck Lewis the only piss take is the 1 million fee I've we were in spl we could have got 5-7 million but then again if we were in spl would he even be in the first eleven??

we are not in the SPL and 1m is a good bit of business for a kd who is untried and untested in anything close to top flight football.

I think we done well to get a mil from him.

Agree McLeod was the only shining light of the last 3 years, was the only plyer a wanted to go see at Ibrox rest are shite or have no balls it seems. This is one of the lowest days for me since 02/12. P

Folk thinking £1m is a good deal are kidding themselves look t some a the goals the guys scored for us and scotland. £1m for that potential is a steal

It's fucking heartbreaking considering guys like Black, Law, Daly, Shiels, Jig, Miller, Templeton and Boyd are taking about £100k out the club a week. Not one of them has kicked a ball for us all season- fucking heartbreaking!

was actually wiping tears off ma face on Saturday watching that, when will this all end, they are destroying this great club, our great club.and they dont seem to care.that fucking somers just laughs at us...we have to fight for whats ours, before its too late.

all well saying 1m was good money for a champ level player, but to be honest he was the only thing worth going to the game for.

What have we got to offer any walk up punters?

Less attractions means less money through the turnstiles.

Law of diminishing returns.

Who else in that a team could score with an overhead kick?

Ffs you think we are on the verge of selling messi with some of the responses in this thread.

Lewis is a great young player but to get a million for him now is decent.

Especially with his injury record over the last three year.

if the board were serious about us getting back to Europe and sphell,why would they sell our best youth players, he was a starting point for mcdowall or new manager to build a team around, he will go on to play in the English premiership no doubt.and we sold him for measly million to keep the lights on for a week or two.this board should be ashamed, take king or parks offer and we have a chance.or we stick by and watch somers, easdales,and the rest destroy our club.

It's utterly embarrassing how many people are rewriting history already, aye, Lewis isn't that good and we're bumping Brentford getting £1m for him, sure.

He's a certainty to play in the EPL though. Just like McCabe, Ness & Fleck were before him :rolleyes:

I'm not particularly happy that our most naturally talented youngster is being sold, but if it's a choice between keeping the lights on and him then there's only one winner.

There is no positive here. We are losing our best player, we are getting relative buttons in return, particularly given recent spl transfers and his immense talent.

Also, Lewis, why brentford? They are a mid table championship club at best.

Everything about this deal is like a knife in the back

They're in the playoff position as it stands, and also have money to spend after a big money takeover.

Didnt Falkirk sell a kid for £1m last year?Would have hoped that we could have been able to get more than £1m for him to be honest, but if we need the money then we need the money.

Why would we get more for a kid who's missed big chunks through injury (and appears quite injury prone) and has played a handful of games in Scotland second tier? Mot to mention the boy Mcgrandles has made more appearances aged 18 than Lewis has at 20.

He's a certainty to play in the EPL though. Just like McCabe, Ness & Fleck were before him :rolleyes:

I'm not particularly happy that our most naturally talented youngster is being sold, but if it's a choice between keeping the lights on and him then there's only one winner.

I agree but let's be honest about it rather than pretending this is good business and that he's not that good anyway

Tbh I'm not that upset about this one, maybe a little but when you think about the big games against full time players ex:hibs,hearts,inverness (I know he got the winner against inverness but really he had a poor performance and should have been taken off before he scored that VERY LUCKY goal)and he IMO doesn't stand out as much as he should do in these leagues and he is very injury prone tbh I don't think he's good enough for England right now he certainly has potential but nothing more, so I really think £1m is quite a good deal especially if there is some add ons and a sell on clause, anyway good luck Lewis hope he has a great career, nothing against him at all really has tried his best for us !