South Wales / Bristol Supporters

sendintank

Sorry wrong forum I know, but I'm in a spot here.I usually travel up on the overnight sleeper bus from Cardiff,the service has been pulled,there's no flights from Cardiff,flight times from Bristol are rubbish,so,basically I have no way to get to Ibrox.Does anyone have an email for anyone from the Bristol chosen few,I know they used to travel occasionally,or does anyone here travel up from South Wales?Any help appreciated ,gutted to think I could never get up again.

Get to Birmingham New St from there if you book well in advance on Trainline.Com, you can get returns to Glasgow on the Virgin train for 40 quid. Do it all the time.

That or you could get the Arriva wales up to Crewe then the Glasgow train,or Cardiff to Manchester then Megabus or train it

Sorry wrong forum I know, but I'm in a spot here.I usually travel up on the overnight sleeper bus from Cardiff,the service has been pulled,there's no flights from Cardiff,flight times from Bristol are rubbish,so,basically I have no way to get to Ibrox.Does anyone have an email for anyone from the Bristol chosen few,I know they used to travel occasionally,or does anyone here travel up from South Wales?Any help appreciated ,gutted to think I could never get up again.

I think we were actually on the same sleeper coach a couple of times, I didn't know the service had been pulled, it's a shame, as it was cheap as anything.

I try and get up a couple of times a season, so will have to look at getting cheap flights or maybe a train (although that's expensive)

As far as RSCs go, where in South Wales are you? Have you heard of The New Inn in Cardiff? The Cardiff True Blues meet there, I'm not sure what the details are but they have a twitter page (updated intermittently)

https://twitter.com/cardiffrsc

There also used to be a Rangers pub in Swansea called The Builders Arms, but ever since the Swans got promoted, it's got Swans signs outside, so I'm not sure if it's still run by a bluenose

Hope this helps (tu)

thanks for the suggestions lads,the only way i can see atm is a train to cardiff,bus to london,then another bus to Glasgow,the same in reverse,its a fair old trip to be honest,about 14 hours each way.I dont get up that often,but always love my days in Glasgow,i will be gutted if i cant get up again.

I think we were actually on the same sleeper coach a couple of times, I didn't know the service had been pulled, it's a shame, as it was cheap as anything.

I try and get up a couple of times a season, so will have to look at getting cheap flights or maybe a train (although that's expensive)

As far as RSCs go, where in South Wales are you? Have you heard of The New Inn in Cardiff? The Cardiff True Blues meet there, I'm not sure what the details are but they have a twitter page (updated intermittently)

https://twitter.com/cardiffrsc

There also used to be a Rangers pub in Swansea called The Builders Arms, but ever since the Swans got promoted, it's got Swans signs outside, so I'm not sure if it's still run by a bluenose

Hope this helps (tu)

Hullo mate,i only just seen your post.Were you on the bus a couple of times this year with your mate,the one i remember was when the sleeper was pulled and we went on a regular coach?

I live in the Rhondda,so im an hour from Cardiff,the cardiff true blue are not really active,i was hoping to speak to someone from the Bristol supporters club,and maybe sort something with them.I have checked trains,expensive and no return saturday nights,there are flights from Bristol but it would mean a 2 night stay,again expensive.I dont get to many games,and even tho were are shite,i will really miss not going,i only knew megabus pulled their service when i tried to book up for the Livi game next month,fingers crossed that something will come up.

National express do an overnight bus from bristol but it gets in at 6am. Worth checking but a bastard of a time to arrive in Glasgow

Done that first game of 2012-13 season. Only have to wander about till the Louden opens at 11am.

Night bus is a bastard though.

National express do an overnight bus from bristol but it gets in at 6am. Worth checking but a bastard of a time to arrive in Glasgow

Used to do this years ago,real tough,but its a goer.Im thinking train to cardiff,bus to london,then night bus to Glasgow,brekkie off to louden,game,quick beer in louden after match,bus at 8 to bristol ,train to cardiff on sunday morning,lift back to the rhondda...hell of a trek.What you think? Its def a possibility atm

Hullo mate,i only just seen your post.Were you on the bus a couple of times this year with your mate,the one i remember was when the sleeper was pulled and we went on a regular coach?

I live in the Rhondda,so im an hour from Cardiff,the cardiff true blue are not really active,i was hoping to speak to someone from the Bristol supporters club,and maybe sort something with them.I have checked trains,expensive and no return saturday nights,there are flights from Bristol but it would mean a 2 night stay,again expensive.I dont get to many games,and even tho were are shite,i will really miss not going,i only knew megabus pulled their service when i tried to book up for the Livi game next month,fingers crossed that something will come up.

Travel up on my own, so that wouldn't be me - I think it was either the Hearts game in August or Arbroath at home last January, either one I remember seeing you post about being on the sleeper, only saw that afterwards or I would have said hello.

Yeah, I didn't think the Cardiff True Blues were particularly active, and while I can't find much from the Bristol Chosen Few online, I did find this on the Rangers site:

BRISTOL CHOSEN FEW

Bus to home games at least once a month, currently we have 25 members and are growing rapidly. Contact Billy Roberts on 0151 226 2302.

Not sure how recent that is, but worth giving them a ring?