We Are Getting Reported For Sectarian Songs

minstral

We will lose generations of fans because of the negative spotlight we now find ourselves in.

I know a few people that have been fans all of their lives but won't take kids to games because they don't want them exposed to the more questionable parts of the song book.

We're not in the dark ages anymore and people don't want to be tarred by the element of our support that rejoice in singing songs that are blatantly offensive and hateful.

This is tame to what used to go on at football games many many years ago.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but this is pissing me off. Rangers are getting investigated for sectarian singing in the game against Raith

yet I am pretty sure I heard the same songs being belted out at the recent OF game at Hampden.

however the SPFL have decided NOT to take action against rangers/cellic fans at that game

sorry for bbc link:

"The Scottish Professional Football League is unlikely to take action against Celtic and Rangers over the behaviour of their fans at the recent League Cup semi-final"

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31492435

You can't go after fans at one game for singing sectarian songs whislt downplaying sectarian singing at another game!

or is that because cellic were involved in one of the games so any investigation might catch their fans too where-as rangers v raith is easy pickings to get rangers fans.

double fucking standards!

if the law is to be implemented then lets see it implemented consistantly, not just every time a bear has a sing song.

Good point. (tu)

I reckon our Club should not take any Tickets from any of these vile imbeciles who accuse us of everything and also no more away Fans allowed inside Our Stadium please.

Its our fault constantly and accused of everything from everyone associated with Scottish Fitbaw including radio's and idiots from newspapers and radio.

Ditch the lot of them and their obvious propaganda.

They hate our Club and us all who support Rangers FC.

Can anybody remember if this prick mentioned the hassle the tims caused at Dundee in the stands in his match report?

Google results show Tom Purdie was the match delegate that day but all the articles say that they need to wait to find out if he included the behaviour in his match report. Just interested if he reported them.

We will lose generations of fans because of the negative spotlight we now find ourselves in.

I know a few people that have been fans all of their lives but won't take kids to games because they don't want them exposed to the more questionable parts of the song book.

We're not in the dark ages anymore and people don't want to be tarred by the element of our support that rejoice in singing songs that are blatantly offensive and hateful.

Their kids must be sensitive little souls. We're not in the dark ages, we're in an age of mock offense, an age where everything must be checked to ensure it won't offend anyone.

Offense is subjective, any of our songs could be offensive or deemed hateful.

I think i'd rather be back in the dark ages to be honest :pipe:

Scottish footballs problem with sectarianism is the fact that they only see Rangers as having a sectarian problem.

Sectarianism, according to one definition, is bigotry, discrimination, or hatred arising from attaching importance to perceived differences between subdivisions within a group, such as between different denominations of a religion, class, regional or factions of a political movement.

Has every club in Scotland a sectarian problem by that definition ?

I reckon our Club should not take any Tickets from any of these vile imbeciles who accuse us of everything and also no more away Fans allowed inside Our Stadium please.

Its our fault constantly and accused of everything from everyone associated with Scottish Fitbaw including radio's and idiots from newspapers and radio.

Ditch the lot of them and their obvious propaganda.

They hate our Club and us all who support Rangers FC.

Did Raith not sell the tickets straight to the fans and not through Rangers, as they feared Rangers would go bust. If that is the case then Rangers cannot be held responsible.

Can anyone varify that.

Fuck off ya mutant :lol:

Their kids must be sensitive little souls. We're not in the dark ages, we're in an age of mock offense, an age where everything must be checked to ensure it won't offend anyone.

I think he's meaning celtic mate and maybe a bit of jiggery pokery wae the wee yins :matron:

It's about people not wanting to have to explain to the kids what the songs mean. We live in a time now where mud sticks for life thanks to social media and the internet and rightfully, people don't want tarred with that brush unless there's something wrong with them.

There's going to be a concerted effort to have us punished every time this happens and if we don't move with the times we'll be left behind and you can have your wish to remain in the dark ages. :pipe:

It's about people not wanting to have to explain to the kids what the songs mean. We live in a time now where mud sticks for life thanks to social media and the internet and rightfully, people don't want tarred with that brush unless there's something wrong with them.

There's going to be a concerted effort to have us punished every time this happens and if we don't move with the times we'll be left behind and you can have your wish to remain in the dark ages. :pipe:

There has been a concerted effort to get us punished for about a decade now, at want point do you see this relenting? What songs will our enemies decide to take offense to once we've dropped a few songs from our current repertoire?

I don't understand why having to explain to kids what a song means means we should stop singing them?

I don't understand how you can build laws around offense, something that is largely subjective.

Better than having to explain n***er, Ho, muthafucka, cocksucker and any number of other words contained in rap music

Sing away till your hearts content but people will stop taking kids to games because they don't want them thinking it's normal to sing intentionally offensive songs.

So does football have to be an offense free environment for these people to come back?

So does football have to be an offense free environment for these people to come back?

Of course not but when the offense taken is about sectarianism or racism then it only shows all of us up in a bad light. The vast majority of people want to distance themselves from those things and rightfully so.

Of course not but when the offense taken is about sectarianism or racism then it only shows all of us up in a bad light. The vast majority of people want to distance themselves from those things and rightfully so.

I'm not sure why racism is even a consideration, I don't recall us having any racist songs or reports for racist behaviour?

Your point was about people not taking their kids because of offensive behaviour. Is that only sectarian or racist behaviour, is other offensive behaviour ok for these kids?

People taking offense shows us up in a bad light? The tims are constantly offended, people who don't like us pretend to be offended. How do we handle this?

What really bugs me is Celtic fans were live on BT Sport just one night before us, were clearly heard singing "up the ra" during their 'Celtic Symphony' but nothing to report there eh?

i

filmb_800x600.jpg

its that magic word "whitabootery" journalists use.....it really means "we dont wanna talk about the sectarian/terrorist loving mhob and their fans.....back to bashing Rangers"

You will have notice how it crops up whenever their songs are highlighted and put down as childish tit for tat therefore demeaning the accusers actual point that Septic fans DO sing sectarian songs yet go unpunished

its that magic word "whitabootery" journalists use.....it really means "we dont wanna talk about the sectarian/terrorist loving mhob and their fans.....back to bashing Rangers"

You will have notice how it crops up whenever their songs are highlighted and put down as childish tit for tat therefore demeaning the accusers actual point that Septic fans DO sing sectarian songs yet go unpunished

Aye whataboutery is present and correct at all times..... And yet somehow we seem to have been defined as being worse somehow.

And there's no whataboutery with regards to their banners. Blatant ignorant discrimination from them... I really feel like that the monkeys died banner is FAR worse than any rangers fans singing the Billy boys. The Billy boys is a rousing chant, and really is a historical relic..... The monkeys died comment is a far more sinister and offensive than any singing of old songs that took place.

Racism?

Where? Please tell me where Rangers fans have been racist.

Proof, or your talking shite.

Only one club has been reported for racism recently, twice.

Distance from racist comments? Rangers fans? Majority?

You've got the buzz words in, with not one iota of proof.

No, your just talking shite and appeasing the media on a Rangers forum. I call bullshit. Prove you have evidence of Rangers fans being racists.

Go on..............bullshiter....

Racism?

Where? Please tell me where Rangers fans have been racist.

Proof, or your talking shite.

Only one club has been reported for racism recently, twice.

Distance from racist comments? Rangers fans? Majority?

You've got the buzz words in, with not one iota of proof.

No, your just talking shite and appeasing the media on a Rangers forum. I call bullshit. Prove you have evidence of Rangers fans being racists.

Go on..............bullshiter....

Were there not complaints of racism against collymore on Friday night?

What about the sectarianism? Do you think it's ok to have kids thinking its normal to sing songs with the sole intention of offending people based on religion? I assume most of us wouldn't teach our kids to sing offensive songs about Jews, Muslims or Hindus.....................then again some people in our support have no boundaries.