Club Statement

StornowayBlue

Because if they won't accept the board statements because they dislike the board will they accept them if it comes from a board they are backing?

The board are trying to protect the club not the supporters

You have spent too much time on the Boardroom forum.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its no more than expected as a statement and just an insurance policy by the Club. Life has moved on since I was a little boy and laughed at programmes like Mind your Language and Love thy Neighbour and sang songs with my Dad that I didnt fully understand at the time but as I grew up still singing the same songs i only ever saw them as traditional anthems that celebrated past victories and like any good anthem they united you as one with friends and insulted your enemies!

Times have changed and maybe the songs should be modified but in as minimal a way as possible so they can still be sung in public but to criminalize some of them is ridiculous, especially when those laws are not applied equally at all times to all groups! Its like a sort of selective discrimination that has spread throughout our nation and basically we all need to bite the bullet and accept that nowadays it just brings issues that the Club doesnt need and gives the media another chance to paint us as monsters!

Anyways, I've just found Mind your Language on Youtube and who remembers the french au-pair :praise:

Sensible words.(tu)

Also, she was absolutely top notch.

article-2611787-1D434D0600000578-779_634

Hmmmmmmm!

Fuck the board, fuck the statement and fuck Focus...

I`ve sang these songs for 30 years and didn't kill anyone in the process..

Away and round up the khiddy fhiddlers and rhapists... things that matter..

Just fuck off..

I know where you are coming from, songs very rarely hurt anyone, they are designed to goad the opposition fans into singing back, that creates atmosphere and what is sadly lacking at games in my opinion

However, some songs with certain lines, cannot be sung, it's been made illegal to sing them and so we cannot at this moment bang them out. If we do, it's like saying, I have smoked in this pub for 30 years, and no cunt will tell me to go outside for a fag, you will probably get arrested and banned from the pub, the same will apply to the club. only they will pick up a fine for it too.

The board cannot do or say anything other than what they have said in that statement.

If or when DK and PM get in, you can expect the exact same statement from them,

It's just how it is...

I've no problem with that statement, it's what they had to say and do, or they could be fined. I'd like us to change the offending word, fenian, with peado. So we'd be up to our knees in peodo blood, and in the other song, it could/should be 'we hate Celtic, peodo bastards' that way we are staying within the law, regarding sectarianism, and in the process letting everyone know about who the peodo bastards are.

Just my opinion though...

Good statement for once.

Quite frankly its rediculous that given the state of our club and team some fans cant learn to move with the times and seem hell bent on keeping this football club in tha dark ages.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of our heritage and protestant roots however its pathetic that some want to add in little extras to songs which has a damaging effect on our football club and reputation.

I know where you are coming from, songs very rarely hurt anyone, they are designed to goad the opposition fans into singing back, that creates atmosphere and what is sadly lacking at games in my opinion

However, some songs with certain lines, cannot be sung, it's been made illegal to sing them and so we cannot at this moment bang them out. If we do, it's like saying, I have smoked in this pub for 30 years, and no cunt will tell me to go outside for a fag, you will probably get arrested and banned from the pub, the same will apply to the club. only they will pick up a fine for it too.

The board cannot do or say anything other than what they have said in that statement.

If or when DK and PM get in, you can expect the exact same statement from them,

It's just how it is...

brilliant analogy

The amount of apologists on this is frightening.

It's obvious that you're to scared to say what is frightening you,

I would ask, what do you want the board to say? , fuck the SPFL, our fans can sing what they want when they want?

Come on, honestly

I love singing the songs at the games and have done for 40 years or so, and I am certainly no apologist, but certain ones are now illegal, whether we like it or not, and the last thing we need is to provide the stick for our enemies to hit us over the head with, the fans are fighting on enough fronts at the moment, so I hope the fans who do want to sing them tomorrow night, accept that it's not the right thing to do