Would you have rather got rid of both BF and PLG

Danny

A nice 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario inspired by lisboy's thread.

If you weren't given the choice of PLG or Barry, but were instead presented with both staying or both leaving, which would you have gone with?

This is an acid test for the pro-Ferguson supporters in a way...

Over to you gents.

At the time it should have been both. Dragging the clubs name throughthe gutter on the day we were remembering our dead. They should have been ashamed of themselves seeing bears outside the ground, faces contorted with hate and protest, istead of quiet rememberance and pride for the people who died supporting our great club. Barry is my favourite ranger, and happy that he has been reinstated as captain, but the wee man will always have that above his head with this bear, and it will take some shifting i tell you. Still love him to bits though

A nice 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario inspired by lisboy's thread.

If you weren't given the choice of PLG or Barry, but were instead presented with both staying or both leaving, which would you have gone with?

This is an acid test for the pro-Ferguson supporters in a way...

Over to you gents.

I'm sure you and I at least know the answer to this one Danny.And anyone else who actually watched the post Le Guen part of the season has got to agree with us. (tu)

It would have to be, both leaving. I couldnt stand Le Guen one bit.

VERY MUCH AGREE!!

Where WOULD WE BE with PLG?????

I hate to think

Where would we be with PLG?! 2nd in the League, Just like under Walter.

Where would we have been if Barry hadnt spat the dummy and formed a clique? A lot closer to Celtic, But still 2nd

If PLG had to go, Barry had to go as well.

At the time it should have been both. Dragging the clubs name throughthe gutter on the day we were remembering our dead. They should have been ashamed of themselves seeing bears outside the ground, faces contorted with hate and protest, istead of quiet rememberance and pride for the people who died supporting our great club. Barry is my favourite ranger, and happy that he has been reinstated as captain, but the wee man will always have that above his head with this bear, and it will take some shifting i tell you. Still love him to bits though

Bullseye Rab (tu)

Despite both being worthy of deserved criticism of various aspects of their respective work, David Murray and Walter Smith are not stupid. Neither was Mark Hughes. Ergo, I doubt any would take the decision lightly to want Barry Ferguson at their club.

Now, there is no doubt Barry Ferguson is a very good football player. There is also no doubt his attitude is sometimes questionable. On the other hand, there is also no doubt Paul Le Guen did not want to be in Scotland any longer than he had to.

As such, the blame for what happened early last season lies somewhere in between both camps so there is no way one can come to simplistic conclusions easily. What I will say is that despite the off-the-field problems between them, Ferguson still played pretty well last season. Moreover, he's still here and although I don't blame any fan for questioning his overall professionalism, there's no point in continually going over old ground.

We have a new season almost ready to begin. Barry Ferguson will be our captain for that season and is still one of the best players we have. Let's look to the future and not the past.