If Only We Were Like This...

Jack The Flipper

...our youth might actually succeed.

I do know just now we're having huge management problems, but if we're wanting to change our philosophy by bringing in and bringing up young skilful players, perhaps to sell on at a profit with the odd one staying with us, in my opinion we as fans will have to change our mentality.

We are living in a different time, past practices are outdated, we need a top to bottom revamp without losing what makes us Rangers. However it is something that everyone would have to embrace - club and supporters.

change what mentality, for years we have been crying out for a younger team, granted in the SPL chasing titles and european glories we couldnt throw in a half team of them

But nearly 3 years ago we had the chance to build something, and a certain shitebag shat himself and quite possibly ruined our first team for the best part of a decade

I love this place. Fuckin hell all you ever read is blooding youngsters. Fill the team with our under 20 squad blah blah

Two things, Scottish Football fuckin sucks. It yields very few decent players nowadays. 30 yrs ago you were tripping over the talent in thus country. Now the kids are square arses who play with iPhones and games consoles.

Secondly, how can you blood youngsters when every negative performance/result is like Armageddon in here. If you want loads of kids in your team then you need a lot of tolerance and patience. That ain't gonna happen!!

change what mentality, for years we have been crying out for a younger team, granted in the SPL chasing titles and european glories we couldnt throw in a half team of them

But nearly 3 years ago we had the chance to build something, and a certain shitebag shat himself and quite possibly ruined our first team for the best part of a decade

Are you saying our youths never get heckled from the stands after making mistakes?

I think people are in love with the idea, but I don't think we are patient or understanding enough at this moment in time.

I love this place. Fuckin hell all you ever read is blooding youngsters. Fill the team with our under 20 squad blah blah

Two things, Scottish Football fuckin sucks. It yields very few decent players nowadays. 30 yrs ago you were tripping over the talent in thus country. Now the kids are square arses who play with iPhones and games consoles.

Secondly, how can you blood youngsters when every negative performance/result is like Armageddon in here. If you want loads of kids in your team then you need a lot of tolerance and patience. That ain't gonna happen!!

Calm down bud, you're basically agreeing with me...

I think :ph34r:

Are you saying our youths never get heckled from the stands after making mistakes?

I think people are in love with the idea, but I don't think we are patient or understanding enough at this moment in time.

i think almost 3 years ago people would have given them time, especially as a lot of our youths in division 3 played better than the experienced guys

i think almost 3 years ago people would have given them time, especially as a lot of our youths in division 3 played better than the experienced guys

You think that, I think the opposite. We would have given them the same time we have given every Rangers player since I can remember. One game at a time. Our situation changed but our expectations didn't. We still expected to win leagues, play teams off the park and get to cup finals.

The groans and jeers around Ibrox when they ran into a defender, misplaced a pass, delivered a poor cross or corner were very audible.

If fans don't trust young players to make mistakes, be inconsistent and learn then we can't expect a man, whose job relies on them, to do it.

In fact, in the lower leagues we had even less patience due to the opposition those young players were facing.

You think that, I think the opposite. We would have given them the same time we have given every Rangers player since I can remember. One game at a time. Our situation changed but our expectations didn't. We still expected to win leagues, play teams off the park and get to cup finals.

The groans and jeers around Ibrox when they ran into a defender, misplaced a pass, delivered a poor cross or corner were very audible.

If fans don't trust young players to make mistakes, be inconsistent and learn then we can't expect a man, whose job relies on them, to do it.

In fact, in the lower leagues we had even less patience due to the opposition those young players were facing.

dont agree, given that in the 3rd division our first team mainstays were all of the older variety, a lot of the audible groans imo were because the likes of kyle, sandaza, black, cribari etc were fucking honking

dont agree, given that in the 3rd division our first team mainstays were all of the older variety, a lot of the audible groans imo were because the likes of kyle, sandaza, black, cribari etc were fucking honking

I made 10-11 games that season. Not bad for me. I know what I heard and saw, particularly towards McKay.

Of course the groans of disappointment would have been a symptom of a poor team performance, but that is where fans understanding their role in a young players development should take over.

3 years ago our youth consisted of guys like.....

Kane Hemmings

Kal Naismith

Andrew Mitchell

Ross Perry

Chris Hegarty

Darren Cole

Ross Perry

Luca Gasparotto

Barry McKay

Most of these guys were given a chance in the team but never took it.

Rangers were hardly sitting on a goldmine of great young players 3 years ago.

We would do a lot better if we actually got behind our team. We have been spoiled with success and have so many fickle fans (not supporters) that think that is all it is about.

All this booing makes performances worse. Basic human nature.

I remember all the quotes on here during admin with people saying they would support us from the street if we had to play with jumpers as goalposts.

Well now all we do is boo them and write posts about loathing our own..... pfft

We would do a lot better if we actually got behind our team. We have been spoiled with success and have so many fickle fans (not supporters) that think that is all it is about.

All this booing makes performances worse. Basic human nature.

I remember all the quotes on here during admin with people saying they would support us from the street if we had to play with jumpers as goalposts.

Well now all we do is boo them and write posts about loathing our own..... pfft

I agree, the players should have it drummed into them what is acceptable and what is not. They don't need a load of boos from thousands of supporters to tell them, all it does is create more problems. I agree that sometimes the fans need to vent their frustration, but it's a fine doing that occasionally rather than completely destroying confidence by hounding players. The older players will of course have more ability to ignore this type of thing, it's the young players that are more fragile - especially in today's climate.

I don't agree with people who say, well if they can't handle it, they shouldn't be here. People develop in different ways at different points in their careers. A good analogy is how at youth level the smaller skilful players aren't given much of a chance because it's the larger less skilful bullying players that win battles on the pitch. In a few years the smaller more skilful players would have more of a chance to compete as they are now more developed.

I agree, the players should have it drummed into them what is acceptable and what is not. They don't need a load of boos from thousands of supporters to tell them, all it does is create more problems. I agree that sometimes the fans need to vent their frustration, but it's a fine doing that occasionally rather than completely destroying confidence by hounding players. The older players will of course have more ability to ignore this type of thing, it's the young players that are more fragile - especially in today's climate.

I don't agree with people who say, well if they can't handle it, they shouldn't be here. People develop in different ways at different points in their careers. A good analogy is how at youth level the smaller skilful players aren't given much of a chance because it's the larger less skilful bullying players that win battles on the pitch. In a few years the smaller more skilful players would have more of a chance to compete as they are now more developed.

Pretty much spot on in my opinion.

hearts have one good season and we envy them. this is a blip in our history they will be shit again and we will be back winning titles.

I don't get it

I just saw the above video, was impressed and thought it would be great if we could be as thoughtful with our young players

Hearts are nothing to do with this thread <cr>

And we won't Throw them in now because we 'need' to be promoted and the players we have should be expected to gain that. Now that Murdoch's had one bad game black will probably be back in next week

No one agree with this?

yip sure do

the days of waving cheque books about all over the show, signing has beens or never will be's has come to an end, one way or another.

should have come to an end three years ago and a new philosophy adopted but the chance was not realised. perhaps too much "old school" thinking remained in the club to allow it to move on an embrace a different approach.

but if the club is to flourish again in the future a short, mid and long term plan must be put into place. no more bumbling on doing the same old same old and complaining when we keep getting the same results: a bloated, over paid and underwhelming squad.

Nope a new fresh approach must be developed, one that embraces eveyone from the fans to the younger players, a boardroom not full of buffoons stuck in ivory towers but instead an innovative boardroom that is inclusive to the fans.

it will happen, for a club like Rangers will always rise back to the top, but it will happen a lot faster if we all share a common vision for the Rangers and end the bitter infighting and indecisiveness of recent times

Three years ago the fans accepted demotion and most bought into the idea of rebuilding from scratch. the only person not to be a willing participant was sadly our money grabbing cnut of a manager who is still taking his pound of flesh from the club.