*** World Snooker Championship 2015 ***

To me i love to watch the "machines" play i like the serious never give in attitude of the Hendry and even Trump has it he never knows when be is beaten albeit he is being matched tonight every step of the way.

Hendry in his pomp, in amongst the balls and break building was a joy to watch (tu)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted Trump to win, but find it hard to be disappointed when you see how much it meant to Bingham. Cracking match.

I hope he beats Murphy, not sure why but I can't suffer him. Bingham seems a nice lad, played well all tournament.

Remember seeing an interview with Hendry years ago when he was at his peak. He said that he'd 'never refuse a pot'. It was this approach that changed the way the game is played and meant that any player wanting to beat Hendry had to also try to adopt this approach and match him, which of course they rarely did.

I think he gets a raw deal, personally. White, O'Sullivan and Higgins, the Mavericks if you like, they get the plaudits and are mentioned on TV more often than Hendry, but it was Hendry who pulled the game into the real professional era.

The Mavericks were all could've beens. Outstanding talents, but they didn't have he mental strength and belief that Hendy or Davis did to be undisputed Number 1's.

You can't call Ronnie a coulda been, not with 5 world titles, 5 uk championships, 5 masters nearly 800 centuries, 13 pro maximums and a scatter of other accolades. You can't even call him an unfulfilled talent.

There are 4 modern era players I call legends.

Hendry

Davis

O Sullivan

White

Any others are simply cannon fodder

You can't call Ronnie a coulda been, not with 5 world titles, 5 uk championships, 5 masters nearly 800 centuries, 13 pro maximums and a scatter of other accolades. You can't even call him an unfulfilled talent.

Hendry

Davis

O Sullivan

White

As much as he's one of them, John Higgins isn't exactly a bad player

Hendry was too far ahead in the 90's, players had caught up by 2000. The quality of professional snooker now is better than it's ever been.

Same as Tiger Woods really, other players raised their game and had caught up by 2005/6.

Hendry

Davis

O Sullivan

White

you can though simply because he is talented enough to have achieved so much more than that by now

Hendry was too far ahead in the 90's, players had caught up by 2000. The quality of professional snooker now is better than it's ever been.

Same as Tiger Woods really, other players raised their game and had caught up by 2005/6.

I think that is the main issue now and why you will NEVER see one person dominate snooker again simply because the standard across the board is so high every single player on the circuit can beat the rest on any given day it makes it much more exciting and the quality comes from that

Hendry

Davis

O Sullivan

White

Could've been as in could have been undisputed world number 1s like Hendry and Davis. O'Sullivan could have been a ten time World Champ and probably the most successful player ever, but his mental fragility has limited that to where he is today. Davis and Hendry achieved their potential to the full.

I think that is the main issue now and why you will NEVER see one person dominate snooker again simply because the standard across the board is so high every single player on the circuit can beat the rest on any given day it makes it much more exciting and the quality comes from that

The reason it's so high now is in my opinion due the the approach to break building that Hendry brought to the table in the 90s. Would Hendry at his peak playing today still win 7? I seriously doubt it.

The reason it's so high now is in my opinion due the the approach to break building that Hendry brought to the table in the 90s. Would Hendry at his peak playing today still win 7? I seriously doubt it.

you have a very good point but it would have been interesting to see where it would be without Stephen Henry coming along

First session tied. I hope it goes all the way!

I remember when everyone watched this final as there were only 4 channels. It was a bank holiday tradition.

My wee boy has finally went to sleep so i can finally settle down and watch some snooker shame it isn't still level and with all the drama to come.