Players Out/players In

GraP

wage bill is what £7m atm? You want to change that to £21m or £28m??? Never gonna happen unless something radical happens with TV money

I can see our wages being about £16m once we have access to CL money again but that's light years away

That would still be lower than what it was before. That is roughly what Celtic carry, maybe a bit less and if we have any ambition to compete with them, and we must, then we will have to find the money from somewhere, we managed it to an extent before and if Celtic can do it, then why can't we?

We know what Rangers can generate as an SPFL club with and without European football, we know there is potential there for anything between £40m and £70m annual turnover, it's the boards job to make that happen. They need to get fans onside and putting money back into the club in every way we can. The board have a huge job earning the trust of the wider Rangers support. A show of investment, a scouting team in place, an appointment of a management team and CEO worthy of our club and the commencement of the squad rebuild would be a brilliant start but so far we have seen none of that. Nothing.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would still be lower than what it was before. That is roughly what Celtic carry, maybe a bit less and if we have any ambition to compete with them, and we must, then we will have to find the money from somewhere, we managed it to an extent before and if Celtic can do it, then why can't we?

We know what Rangers can generate as an SPFL club with and without European football, we know there is potential there for anything between £40m and £70m annual turnover, it's the boards job to make that happen. They need to get fans onside and putting money back into the club in every way we can. The board have a huge job earning the trust of the wider Rangers support. A show of investment, a scouting team in place, an appointment of a management team and CEO worthy of our club and the commencement of the squad rebuild would be a brilliant start but so far we have seen none of that. Nothing.

Surely theirs is more than that, aren't Lego muncher and commons etc on about 25k a week?

wage bill is what £7m atm? You want to change that to £21m or £28m??? Never gonna happen unless something radical happens with TV money

I can see our wages being about £16m once we have access to CL money again but that's light years away

In no way, shape, or form will we be spending that kind of money on wages. Infact, as the club is running at a loss, i expect the board will attempt to LOWER the wage budget.

In no way, shape, or form will we be spending that kind of money on wages. Infact, as the club is running at a loss, i expect the board will attempt to LOWER the wage budget.

yea, I never said that we will be spending that. I said its light years away...

I'm not a fan of topics like this. People pluck names from thin air, usually based on Football Manager or an article in Match magazine.

I don't think we would interest Scott Allan. We had the opportunity to sign him last summer, but didn't, and he's seen first hand the state that we're in this season. He's short listed for POTY and if Hibs don't go up, he'll have much better options than us.

Season tickets should be taken off those who suggested Gavin Reilly of QOTS. I guarantee those people had never heard of him until late March/early April when he caused McCulloch and Mohsni a bit of difficulty at Palmerston. We've had our fingers burnt with Nicky Clark; let's not be stupid.

Of all the players out of contract, I'd release every single one of them. Miller could perhaps offer something in a coaching capacity.

We need a major, major rebuild. That's why I don't want a McCall, someone familiar with the club. We need a fresh, new approach which will involve turning the club upside down.

I'm sure fans will come flocking back to Ibrox if the board cut the wage bill. King has already said massive initial investment in the team is needed. The wage bill must be at least tripled, no ifs buts, maybes or cuts. It has to increase by some considerable amount. Cut an already tiny wage bill and Ibrox will be empty next year.

aye, lets spend money we don't have, rack up debts and be pissed on by the banks again - great idea

I'm sure the fans would return if we could play some vaguely exciting football with players playing for the jersey and not just their pay packets - the only big money signings we need are off the park to change this culture in the club

Would love to go for DeAndre Yedlin,not had a look in at Spurs and can't see him dislodging Kyle Walker anytime soon,don't by he'd cost the earth and I'd think wages would be manageable aswell obviously only if we get promoted though

So what kind of tablets are you on?

We wont be spending money. Free transfers.

If theres a small amount to spend, lets go for Will Grigg of MK Dons.

So what kind of tablets are you on?

We wont be spending money. Free transfers.

If theres a small amount to spend, lets go for Will Grigg of MK Dons.

He signed for £2million and only has 11 minutes of football don't think Spurs would be too hard to deal with or maybe even a loan deal if no money available

I'm sure fans will come flocking back to Ibrox if the board cut the wage bill. King has already said massive initial investment in the team is needed. The wage bill must be at least tripled, no ifs buts, maybes or cuts. It has to increase by some considerable amount. Cut an already tiny wage bill and Ibrox will be empty next year.

Love the fact that some want the wage bill trebled.Are these guys going to pay treble the price for their season tickets I wonder or where exactly do they think 10s of millions are going to come from.I don't think any director at Rangers is in a position to fritter away millions of their own pounds to win competitions which pay 2 bob for winning them.Lets not get carried away and start even talking about going down the same route which led us into this mess in the first place.Like the rest of Scottish football Rangers are going to have to manage within the budgets they can afford.

He signed for £2million and only has 11 minutes of football don't think Spurs would be too hard to deal with or maybe even a loan deal if no money available

Daniel Levy is notorious for being one of the hardest men to negotiate with in football so I'm not sure what gives you the idea that Spurs wouldn't be too hard to deal with.

At worst they'll be looking to recoup what they paid. Even fringe players at clubs like Spurs are on in excess of 30 grand a week.

No chance.