Cricket

7 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I have to agree with Nasser as I just got home from work hoping to see a bit. 🏏🧐🤔

NASSER HUSSAIN is not happy that play isn't continuing with the floodlights on at The Ageas Bowl...

"The light goes poor, you put the lights on, and yet you walk off for bad light: just try to explain that. It makes no sense at all, apart from the red ball not being picked up so well.

"Everything that has gone into this Test series - players in a bio-secure bubble, West Indies quarantining, hand sanitisers everywhere, no saliva on the ball, extra DRS, home umpires - everything they've been flexible on, but the one thing they haven't been flexible on is, the lights are on, so we stay on.

"We've missed enough sport. We've missed enough cricket. It makes no sense at all. The ICC should have a little bit of common sense."

It's bizarre isn't it, seems so archaic and weird that they refuse to budge on that point when they have been so flexible on everything else 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Umpire certainly not doing the Windies any favours. Is that 6 reviews they've won now? He is giving us everything.

Seems odd as well that they’ve gotten a few wrong with hearing a ‘noise’ (bat on pad or ball). I’d have thought those calls would be much easier with no crowd noise.

I only caught a bit today. But did Stokes ask for the heavy roller as he felt the pitch was too flat during the Windies innings at bat ? 🤔

It was certainly swinging and dinging in the last few overs I seen. 🏏😅

I'm pleased it's more competitive than what a few of us thought it might be. 👍

37 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Ooft. England 8 down with Archer and Wood at the crease. Lead is 170. 

Should be a belter of a final day. 

What the hell happened?

Pitch looked flat with not much happening, went to shop with about 10 overs left in the day and the score at 235/3

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

What the hell happened?

Pitch looked flat with not much happening, went to shop with about 10 overs left in the day and the score at 235/3

England thought it was as good as over. But the WI bowlers bowled beautifully and England had an arse and wicket collapse.

Fair play to the Windies for first of all coming over and for playing as they did.  They are improving as a side and obviously we made a few mistakes that helped them.  Think Root will come in , possibly Foakes in for Butler. We also need to remember we have some young guys making their way and this will do them good. 

Class from the Windies. They aren't a great team but they knuckle down and give it their all and took advantage of the many, many English errors. 

England went into the game expecting to spank them and got what they deserved. ANOTHER top order batting collapse in the crucial 1st innings.

Think we can expect to see Denly dropped, Root back in. Don't think Broad should be brought back in at Old Trafford. Might as well stick with Archer and Wood now. 

42 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I think Broad might come in for Anderson, actually.

I think so too, following the interview he did the other day I think they will try and keep him happy

I don't think it's the right decision though. If they see Wood and Archer as the future then they need to stick with them and let them have game time bowling together 

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I think Broad might come in for Anderson, actually.

I'm a huge Jimmy fan. But he was insipid yesterday. Tidy and tight but never looked like taking a wicket. 

All credit to the West Indies. It was watching them in the late 70's early 80's that gave me my love of the game so it's good to see them competitive again.