Cricket

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

@psb07158 any reason why Fawad hasn’t played more Test cricket? Seems to have an excellent first class record and went pretty well in the few Test Matches in which he’s played.

I cannot pin it on anything other than age-old Pakistani politics in the cricket structure. It's utterly bizarre. The man deserves to have played far more for Pakistan than he has done. At domestic level, he averages 57 in first-class cricket. 

He made his test debut in 2009 and scored 168 in the 2nd innings on a wicket turning a mile in Sri Lanka (we got pumped by them, IIRC Herath was unplayable). Then only got 2 more matches before being dropped for 10 years. I hope he scores a century as a 'fuck you' to all of the selectors who consistently overlooked him.

There was a decent piece on it on Dawn (an English-language Pakistani newspaper) written by an Aussie journo:

https://www.dawn.com/news/1568512

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Brilliant from Crawley but for Pakistan playing in test they need to win the run rate for a day was shocking.  They’ve virtually no chance now. 

Fair play to the lad. He was dropped and the cameras caught him in the nets practicing and fine tuning his technique.

Getting the rewards with a beautiful innings. 

I think the bio-bubble environment has begun to affect the Pakistan team possibly. 

Also another fluid display of control and power from Buttler. 

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

@TEFTONG

Ye have little faith bud:lol:

My reverse superstitious psychology worked. 👍🏏😅 

Plus I was busy at work. Watching it on my phone whilst finishing my Open Championship.

Glad I turned it off and the good guys found a way to win. 

IMG_20200904_213549.jpg

IMG_20200904_213618.jpg

IMG_20200904_213605.jpg