Cricket

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I think so too, following the interview he did the other day I think they will try and keep him happy

I don't think it's the right decision though. If they see Wood and Archer as the future then they need to stick with them and let them have game time bowling together 

From listening to Alastair Cook the other day it sounds like the selectors are very much in the frame of preparing for life where Anderson and Broad can’t bowl in tandem to bail them out. 

Wouldn't surprise if they alternate them throughout this series (rather than playing them together) which may actually let them both play on a little longer. 

33 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I'm a huge Jimmy fan. But he was insipid yesterday. Tidy and tight but never looked like taking a wicket. 

All credit to the West Indies. It was watching them in the late 70's early 80's that gave me my love of the game so it's good to see them competitive again. 

I think Anderson always looks like that right up until he starts swinging it round corners :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I think Anderson always looks like that right up until he starts swinging it round corners :lol: 

I've watched enough of him over the years to expect that. Yesterday he looked void of ideas and the sun didn't help him. 

But I'm not writing Jimmy off. 

7 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I think Broad might come in for Anderson, actually.

We can’t drop jimmy for a test in Manchester 😎. I think broad will replace wood if he gets the nod. His interview might hamper that as the selectors are still up there own arses when it comes to us. 

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I've watched enough of him over the years to expect that. Yesterday he looked void of ideas and the sun didn't help him. 

But I'm not writing Jimmy off. 

Aye, you can't write the guy off. One of England (and cricket's) greatest ever bowlers. 

3 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

We can’t drop jimmy for a test in Manchester 😎. I think broad will replace wood if he gets the nod. His interview might hamper that as the selectors are still up there own arses when it comes to us. 

It would be surprising, you would think that Manchester would suit Wood more than Broad and certainly suit Wood more than the wicket at Southampton!

59 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye, you can't write the guy off. One of England (and cricket's) greatest ever bowlers. 

It would be surprising, you would think that Manchester would suit Wood more than Broad and certainly suit Wood more than the wicket at Southampton!

Our problem I think is will either be still in the form to merit selection for Ashes 2021/2 ?  I’m not so sure a 3/4 month tour would be doable for them. Wood also picks up injuries as well. 

But I’d swap the lot for 3 batsmen who can play test cricket at the top order. 

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Looking like a washout today.

That really puts the draw on the cards with England needing 19 wickets.

The only scenario with a Windies win being on the cards would be getting past the follow-on line and Root making an aggressive declaration to push for the win.