Cricket

Watching the ODI.

Everytime I see Josh Hazlewood, I always think he's quite an under appreciated bowler. So tidy in line and length, rarely bowls a bad one.

Suppose with Cummins and Starc in the team, 2 of the very best quicks around, it's understandable - but you're bowling attacks in good shape if Hazlewoods you're 3rd choice bowler.

On 11/09/2020 at 18:06, Badger said:

Watching the ODI.

Everytime I see Josh Hazlewood, I always think he's quite an under appreciated bowler. So tidy in line and length, rarely bowls a bad one.

Suppose with Cummins and Starc in the team, 2 of the very best quicks around, it's understandable - but you're bowling attacks in good shape if Hazlewoods you're 3rd choice bowler.

Yeah he’s excellent. 

Lazy comparison perhaps, but he has that McGrath-esque metronomic action where he finds his line and length then hits it consistently. Makes him really hard to score off of. 

In Test Cricket he normally does a great job of tying up his end to keep runs down whilst Starc/Cummings are throwing down thunder at the other end. 

• 3 weeks later...

Its not everyone's cup of tea but I do enjoy Finals Day of the 20/20 Blast but we could end up with it all being decided by a bowl off due to the weather. 

Awful way to decide it imho. Why not just reschedule it as they don't have fans to reimburse. 

Of course your then asking 4 teams players to extend their season. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 21/10/2020 at 17:21, psb07158 said:

Zimbabwe are touring Pakistan just now too. England in talks to tour for 3 T20s in January - would be a good way for the ECB / English cricket to repay Pakistan for touring in the summer. 

Not happening until later in the year. But Pakistan are coming here for 3 ODI's and 20/20s.

The men's international schedule also includes three Royal London ODIs against Sri Lanka, starting in late June, followed by three ODIs and as many Vitality T20s against Pakistan, before England tour Pakistan for two T20s in October.I

Do I spend the money I've put away for Christmas presents on tickets for the Trent Bridge games..??

Probably better to wait until I get my birthday cash later next week...

13 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Not happening until later in the year. But Pakistan are coming here for 3 ODI's and 20/20s.

The men's international schedule also includes three Royal London ODIs against Sri Lanka, starting in late June, followed by three ODIs and as many Vitality T20s against Pakistan, before England tour Pakistan for two T20s in October.I

Do I spend the money I've put away for Christmas presents on tickets for the Trent Bridge games..??

Probably better to wait until I get my birthday cash later next week...

Confirmed for October - I'm buzzing. Hopefully the world is back to normal as I'll be flying out there for these games, if so. 

The games in England will be worth it for Babar Azam alone. 5th in test match batting rankings, 3rd in ODI, 2nd in T20. The boy is a bona fide superstar. Just led the Karachi Kings to the PSL title yesterday. 

20 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Confirmed for October - I'm buzzing. Hopefully the world is back to normal as I'll be flying out there for these games, if so. 

The games in England will be worth it for Babar Azam alone. 5th in test match batting rankings, 3rd in ODI, 2nd in T20. The boy is a bona fide superstar. Just led the Karachi Kings to the PSL title yesterday. 

I'm on the priority ticket updates from Trent Bridge and will definitely be there next 16th July with the stepson to see him and everyone else is action. 

Tempted to go to the First Test v India at Trent Bridge also. 4th-8th August. 

Enjoy those games back in Pakistan in October I will watch them from my sofa. 

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Too close to Ashes in November or I’d have really looked at this 

Our summer schedule is good. Will definitely do Leeds again and if I’m lucky get a wee day out at Lords. Few mates want to do Trent bridge so would be rude not to. 

High praise from the "enemy"

I honestly think when it's all said and done and Babar hangs up his bat, he will go down in history as Pakistan's greatest batsman of all time.

I really hope the burden/weight of the captaincy doesn't take away from his batting performances. Absolutely stunning batsman to watch, a "proper" cricketer. No slogging here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2020 at 12:21, psb07158 said:

High praise from the "enemy"

I honestly think when it's all said and done and Babar hangs up his bat, he will go down in history as Pakistan's greatest batsman of all time.

I really hope the burden/weight of the captaincy doesn't take away from his batting performances. Absolutely stunning batsman to watch, a "proper" cricketer. No slogging here.

This aged well.