Did Rangers lose their way when Donald Findlay left the club

dummiesoot

BS - and you know it - you are doing the same as you always do - on the wind up - you know the answer - indeed it has been explained to you in many threads that have debated this topic - yet you continue to push buttons and point score.

I am not playing your game today - so go ahead and do what you like

What have you explained - ?

The rule of law according to Bauba ?

What you are doing is placing restrictions on freedoms of expression here - for no other reason than you personally dont like it

You have made a comment which a number of posters on this thread have challenged - not just me - so dont evade the answer by turning this into some kind of personal vendetta

Push push push

it never stops

How about this then? Personal Vendetta? Only one of us had admitted that it is. Constantly you have also said that you will never reply to any more of my posts. Why don't put a stop to my constant disappointments live up to your broken promises?

It would make my day to be rid of you!

:7996:

When you stop vilifying the traditions of our club - with comments you simply cannot answer or justify - then you will get your wish and be rid of me.

But if not for me - why not answer one of the other posters who asked you the same question ?

Not in the mood for them either ?

I would suggest it is nothing to do with moods - you simply have no answer for the question asked of you.

it has actually been answered - goodbye

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was? well bu**er me - what was his remit?

Well, I'd imagine it would covered a range of responsibilities.

Certainly, when he was on the board of the club, we were very successful compared to subsquent years. We also didn't have the same nonsensical press coverage during his time on the board.

I wouldn't dream of suggesting losing Findlay directly resulted in a poorer team but the circumstantial evidence certainly lends weight to that empirical conclusion.

Meanwhile, other clubs didn't suffer from the same negative coverage and their employees didn't have the same dignity to resign. Thus, arguably (and in the same empirical manner), they didn't lose staff members who contributed to a fair degree to their success.

Here we go - Frankie - I will say this once - and I will ask you to please respect my opinion even if you do not agree with it - for the sake of this board and my mental health!

I do not believe there is a vendetta or campaign against Rangers Football Club in the media - I believe the Pearson incident was about the most haziest and unclear video I have ever seen and as such is a very poor example to be quoting when trying to prove this point.

OK, I said it

Last time we did this the thread got out of hand and some of us because extremely abusive. Let us not let that happen today

So you don't think he cupped his hand and shouted IRA then?

What about Lennon - you'll agree that's a much better example?

PS: I don't think there's a vendetta against our club either. I just think there are several obvious examples of slewed coverage. This is one of them I'm sure you'll agree.

Certainly, when he was on the board of the club, we were very successful compared to subsquent years. We also didn't have the same nonsensical press coverage during his time on the board.

I wouldn't dream of suggesting losing Findlay directly resulted in a poorer team but the circumstantial evidence certainly lends weight to that empirical conclusion.

Meanwhile, other clubs didn't suffer from the same negative coverage and their employees didn't have the same dignity to resign. Thus, arguably (and in the same empirical manner), they didn't lose staff members who contributed to a fair degree to their success.

Frankie - when he was on the board we were spending tens of millions on players - surely that is more of a reason.

So is he partly responsible for the debt we incurred and as such the state we are now in?

Here we go - Frankie - I will say this once - and I will ask you to please respect my opinion even if you do not agree with it - for the sake of this board and my mental health!

I do not believe there is a vendetta or campaign against Rangers Football Club in the media - I believe the Pearson incident was about the most haziest and unclear video I have ever seen and as such is a very poor example to be quoting when trying to prove this point.

OK, I said it

Last time we did this the thread got out of hand and some of us because extremely abusive. Let us not let that happen today

PS: I don't think there's a vendetta against our club either. I just think there are several obvious examples of slewed coverage. This is one of them I'm sure you'll agree.

The Lennon one I can agree with - the Hartson/Pearson one not at all - you cannot convict anyone for cupping their hand

Frankie - when he was on the board we were spending tens of millions on players - surely that is more of a reason.

So is he partly responsible for the debt we incurred and as such the state we are now in?

No, because the bulk of the debt was incurred after he resigned in 1999.

I did say at the very start of this thread (and in the post you quoted) I doubted that losing Findlay made a great deal of difference. However, that's only my opinion and the circumstantial evidence with regard to different issues may prove me wrong.

OK, I said it

The Lennon one I can agree with - the Hartson/Pearson one not at all - you cannot convict anyone for cupping their hand

Just like you cannot convict anyone for singing a non-sectarian song at a private function?

SO Bauba on one hand earlier in the thread you said they took guidance and orders from SDM and therefore had little to do with how the club were run and now you say he is partly to blame for the debt. You can't have your cake and eat it I'm afraid.

Rangers were a much more 'untouchable' institution when DF was SDM's right hand man, plus SDM obviously had the stomach for a fight in those days.

Yeah, I'm sure everybody cups their hand at their mouth during songs (and loudly imbibed chants within them) for no reason... :D

So why do you think Lennon didn't face the same media coverage? Also, why do you think Celtic refused to discipline him?

OK, I said it

Just like you cannot convict anyone for singing a non-sectarian song at a private function?

If they shout FTP after it - oh yeah you can

And then to follow it with TBB

What part of that do you not understand?

Yeah, I'm sure everybody cups their hand at their mouth during songs (and loudly imbibed chants within them) for no reason... :D

So why do you think Lennon didn't face the same media coverage? Also, why do you think Celtic refused to discipline him?

Honestly - because after all the NI deal - I think he became a huge, fat, hot potato for the press

Frankie I dont know why you are bothering -

He asserts that singing the Sash at a private function is not acceptable for a club official - so why should Celtic players get away with Singing Field of Apple Pies at a private function ? Are they not club officials ?

His denial of the IRA chants is immaterial - he is condemning a Rangers official for doing one thing at a function - but excusing Celtic officials for doing much the same thing at a function - then excusing it because it cant be proven they sang IRA.

You figure it out Frankie. - cause I certainly cant.

I have no idea Frankie - maybe you do?

Lack of proof maybe?

Different standards perhaps

I don't know.

As I say - I do not lose sleep over what THEY do

Rangers were a much more 'untouchable' institution when DF was SDM's right hand man, plus SDM obviously had the stomach for a fight in those days.

Without doubt the most significant comment in this whole thread DO

"Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter"

OK, I said it

I understand everything you have said except for ONE thing.

Why it is stupid to sing the Sash at a private function when you're a representative of Rangers.

Lack of proof maybe?

I don't know.

Yeah, I often do and Stephen Pearson obviously does as well... It's obvious to anyone what Pearson did that evening and I'm surprised anyone would prevaricate over it.

I don't lose sleep over what Celtic do either. However, when media coverage affects how our club is run (in terms of censure, staff choice and image negativity) I think it's extremely relevant to ask why other club's do not suffer the same problems.

But I'm glad you admit the media did treat Neil Lennon (and Celtic) differently for some unfair reason. I'm sure you are disgusted as the rest of us with that obvious disparity.

OK, I said it

Why it is stupid to sing the Sash at a private function when you're a representative of Rangers.

Leiper - I ahve answered it thrice now in this thread - if you keep asking, the answer won't change

Lack of proof maybe?

I don't know.

Yeah, I often do and Stephen Pearson obviously does as well... It's obvious to anyone what Pearson did that evening and I'm surprised anyone would prevaricate over it.

I don't lose sleep over what Celtic do either. However, when media coverage affects how our club is run (in terms of censure, staff choice and image negativity) I think it's extremely relevant to ask why other club's do not suffer the same problems.

But I'm glad you admit the media did treat Neil Lennon (and Celtic) differently for some unfair reason. I'm sure you are disgusted as the rest of us with that obvious disparity.

Well, i certainly was not disgusted - I get disgusted from time to time - bit not over something like Football.

Well, i certainly was not disgusted - I get disgusted from time to time - bit not over something like Football.

So, would this sum up your position then?

1. You're not offended by a Celtic player publicly calling Rangers fans DOBs in front of millions and failing to be punished for it.

2. But you are offended by a Rangers director singing about fenians at a private function.

OK, I said it

Leiper - I ahve answered it thrice now in this thread - if you keep asking, the answer won't change

You have suggested DF was in the wrong for singing TBB and chanting the add-ons, which I agree with.

However what you have not answered is why it is "stupid" to sing the Sash in a private function if you are a Rangers representative.

You have stated it is stupid and given nothing to back that claim up. I cannot mind read and would appreciate why you believe singing the Sash is stupid in a private function.

Bauba:

I go on other football forums (open to all clubs) and have arguements with tims who are saying exactly the same as you. Deny and deflect, theres nothing wrong with CFC but everything to do with Rangers is bigoted and fascist.

In my eyes, youre everything thats wrong with todays support. You wont be happy until the fans are singing kumbaya, all our traditions are gone and everyone has to buy a pie and bovril to give the money to Mr Murray, and youre willing to take in all the false allegations made about us and believe them all.

Can you not see that when DF was here noone dared to speak a bad word about RFC but now ever since weve left, the Rangers fans are bigots, nazis, fascists, racists etc. The club are deliberatly cutting the pitch in a shape of a sash, not selling eggs benedict, pepperami, never signed a catholic etc

But then you will believe that the Celtic fans sing political songs, its the "away fans", etc

Sometimes i forget that this is a Rangers forum im on

Bauba:

I go on other football forums (open to all clubs) and have arguements with tims who are saying exactly the same as you. Deny and deflect, theres nothing wrong with CFC but everything to do with Rangers is bigoted and fascist.

In my eyes, youre everything thats wrong with todays support. You wont be happy until the fans are singing kumbaya, all our traditions are gone and everyone has to buy a pie and bovril to give the money to Mr Murray, and youre willing to take in all the false allegations made about us and believe them all.

Can you not see that when DF was here noone dared to speak a bad word about RFC but now ever since weve left, the Rangers fans are bigots, nazis, fascists, racists etc. The club are deliberatly cutting the pitch in a shape of a sash, not selling eggs benedict, pepperami, never signed a catholic etc

But then you will believe that the Celtic fans sing political songs, its the "away fans", etc

Sometimes i forget that this is a Rangers forum im on

very true some of our own fans will not be happy until there is nothing left of our past.