Did Rangers lose their way when Donald Findlay left the club

dummiesoot

Bauba...I'm quite confused...So what if DF was singing the Sash at a Rangers function? So what if he was singing it whilst holding a responsible role within the Rangers ranks?

Was it irresponsible? If so, how?

Did it give a bad image towards Rangers? If so, how?

Just cannot understand what is wrong with singing the Sash, regardless of who you are or who you are representing.

He sand The Sash and the Billy Boys

Totally irreponsible - had to be thrown out.

And Murray agreed it seems

Ah, so youre one of the Murray Mob are you?

So by that then, every Rangers fan who sang the sash and TBB in Europe when DF was there deserved to be chucked out? Theyre representing the club aswell, just as DF was doing?

dado your wasting your time some of our own support amaze me, thats why we are a easy target as they will not stand up for their fellow fans.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell me Bauba...if thats the case...

When several years later Rangers were charged by UEFA....why did Murray defend the action ?

When several years later Rangers were charged by UEFA....why did Murray defend the action ?

And why was DF let go then?

Bauba...I'm quite confused...So what if DF was singing the Sash at a Rangers function? So what if he was singing it whilst holding a responsible role within the Rangers ranks?

Was it irresponsible? If so, how?

Did it give a bad image towards Rangers? If so, how?

Just cannot understand what is wrong with singing the Sash, regardless of who you are or who you are representing.

Ah, so youre one of the Murray Mob are you?

So by that then, every Rangers fan who sang the sash and TBB in Europe when DF was there deserved to be chucked out? Theyre representing the club aswell, just as DF was doing?

Logistics are a bit different but if a Rangers fan sings TBB after it has been banned and with the possible repercussions - then sure - I have no problem with them being tossed out of the ground and having their season tickets removed.

I like to protect the club - you? Well, never mind

How can you be proud of chucking out some of our own fans, regardless of what they said/sang/shouted etc.

I swear, some of you lot on here are a bigger stain on the club than the so called criminals inside the stadium

Aye your so right ..Dado..and thankfully many still share your view.

How can you be proud of chucking out some of our own fans, regardless of what they said/sang/shouted etc.

I swear, some of you lot on here are a bigger stain on the club than the so called criminals inside the stadium

So, somebody standing up and shouting/chanting ''Catholics go to hell, Proddys go to heaven ad just as fuckin well'' (and if you or anybody else on the forum) thinks this that/is acceptable than I'd have to think less of them

So, somebody standing up and shouting/chanting ''Catholics go to hell, Proddys go to heaven ad just as fuckin well'' (and if you or anybody else on the forum) thinks this that/is acceptable than I'd have to think less of them

Thats a question only SDM can answer...

However his position seems to be hypocritical

Would you agree ?

maybe they were mixed up as catholics tell people they go to heaven and everyone else goes to hell. :pipegreen:

Thats a question only SDM can answer...

However his position seems to be hypocritical

Would you agree ?

On the surface you would think so - but at the same time we really had to defend the club - actually, wasn't he just asked to explain the chants?

Is that the same as defending the club? maybe

But still, we have had this out before - you know that I think DF was just downright stupid and had to go for a gross misjudgement - I know you think that because of the inconsitancies in how we tret others, that he should have stayed or at least been defended with more vigor. I am ok to accept those contrasting viewpoints

maybe they were mixed up as catholics tell people they go to heaven and everyone else goes to hell. :pipegreen:

Hopefully you do mean that as a joke as if you don't then you are really are living in denial

Hopefully you do mean that as a joke as if you don't then you are really are living in denial

does the catholic religon not tell people that?

As far as I was aware SDM was reluctant to accept DF's resignation, but DF realised staying at Rangers at that time he was doing more harm than good, little did he know what crap we'd have to put up with nowadays from the PC core.

On another issue raised during this thread, the issue of the 'shop a bigot' program is apparent, I don't agree with the self policing as I don't think it will work for large groups, individuals yes, as Boab has shown (whether you agree with his actions or not, I'm not commenting on that directly as I was not there to see it for myself) it can and probably will work.

There have always been undesirable fans in our support, bears yes, but given the way some of them behaved, we are better off without them if it is going to land us in trouble.

DF resigned because the mobile video in question had him singing the Sash and the Billy Boys with the contested fenian word. Although the rights and wrongs of each song can be debated DF probably did the right thing in resigning.

One thing this did show - as Rangers always do - is that they take the correct action when something like this happens. The club always make clear they don't condone anything which may be perceived as sectarian. Bob Malcolm was also heavily punished for his misguided FTP signature...

As such it's still strange to me that other high profile people within the game weren't subject to the same discipline by another club when they also stepped over the line. The Stephen Pearson issue was denied then admitted then denied again to virtually no media comment - he wasn't fined by his club nor was he suspended. The Neil Lennon 'DOB' issue was even worse. Minimal media coverage, no media comment, no club remedial action, no apology and the player later being made club captain.

The perfect example of why so many Rangers fans are annoyed with the biased coverage of such issues - both by the media and by the authorities. It disgusts me.

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

Bauba...

Care to expand on that? Why shouldn't a Rangers official be singing this? And wasn't it a private function? Is it in your face sectarian? No - it is not sectarian at all...

I guess I am a bad person for trying to get an explanation from you as to why singing the Sash is wrong...

At an event where he was representing the club, he chose to Sing the Sash - is it in your face sectarian? no - is it a subject matter and song that a Rangers official should be inging in public while representing the club - oh hell no

To be honest I never thought I would meet anyone that could defend that - but I guess I just think the best of folk

Bauba...

Care to expand on that? Why shouldn't a Rangers official be singing this? And wasn't it a private function? Is it in your face sectarian? No - it is not sectarian at all...

I guess I am a bad person for trying to get an explanation from you as to why singing the Sash is wrong...

The Sash (with add-ons and the Billy Boys) were both sung. Now, the Sash on its own is fine - not sectarian, but not something a Rangers official should be singiong in public.

However with the add one and TBB also, he had to go

If I have to explain that to you then I am really sorry for you

It is strange how others weren't pursued with the same vigour as Findlay though, isn't it?

One player can show his support for an outlawed terrorist group and another can call the Rangers fans (and bench) dirty orange bastards and cheats to literally no media comment.

You'd think the likes of Spiers, McNee and Traynor (as well as the likes of Anna Smith and George Galloway) would have been up in arms about such incidents. But, no - they didn't happen.

The Sash (with add-ons and the Billy Boys) were both sung. Now, the Sash on its own is fine - not sectarian, but not something a Rangers official should be singiong in public.

But it wasnt in public - its was a private function where it was well received by the audience - it was only made public when an individual videoed him and then sold it to the media.

And if you agree its not sectarian - why should it not be sung in public ?

Bauba...

What I would like you to explain to me is why a Rangers official should not be singing the Sash at a private function?

Feel sorry for me because I confront you about an opinion. Get off the board, or your high horse...

Bauba...

What I would like you to explain to me is why a Rangers official should not be singing the Sash at a private function?

Feel sorry for me because I confront you about an opinion. Get off the board, or your high horse...

Hey Leiper...!!!

I asked him first !!! :P

Bauba...

Hey Leiper...!!!

I asked him first !!! :P

I asked him second! :harhar:

:unsure:

Bauba...

To my mind, the only reason that a club official should refrain from singing the Sash at a private function would be the bad press. However, it's an irrelevant question (are you watching Admin?!). He sang the Billy Boys and did he not also shout FTP after singing the Sash? Had to go, and the reluctance of the club at first to part company was a damn disgrace and a damn embarassment.

But it wasnt in public - its was a private function where it was well received by the audience - it was only made public when an individual videoed him and then sold it to the media.

And if you agree its not sectarian - why should it not be sung in public ?

Crikes - how many times?

Listen - if you haven't got it by now then you never will - not playing your game today - not in the mood for you